4 Year Office Equipment Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Power surge covered from day one. Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- Includes 24/7 tech support - setup, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
HUE HD Portable USB Camera (Black)
|Price:||$49.95 & FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$30.00 (38%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- FLEXIBLE: Unique, easy-to-use innovatively-designed USB camera with a built-in microphone.
- PORTABLE: Widely used as a lightweight classroom document camera / visualiser in conjunction with a whiteboard.
- VERSATILE: Perfect for taking pictures, recording videos, videoconferencing, live streaming, creating time-lapse films or stop-motion movies (software not included).
- PLUG AND PLAY: Simply connect the camera to your computer's USB port and it’s ready to use. Compatible with Windows, macOS, Linux or ChromeOS (please see System Requirements below for details).
- COMPARE: Choose your perfect HUE camera using the comparison chart below.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More to consider from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The HUE HD USB camera is a cost-effective alternative to a standard classroom document camera or visualiser. Easy to use and portable, this camera is popular with teachers and students throughout the world. Perfect for classroom, office or personal use.
By connecting your HUE HD camera to your computer and a projector you can share students' work, books, experiments and pictures.
The camera is 'plug and play' and compatible with most video conferencing, streaming and web-casting software e.g. Skype, FaceTime, Facebook, YouTube, Google Hangouts, Twitch etc.
Note: The camera is compatible with most third party video software in Windows, macOS, ChromeOS, and Linux distributions with UVC support.
Use the HUE HD camera for:
- Live streaming
- Recording video
- Projecting to a whiteboard
- Online tutoring
- Video conferencing
- Filming a class or demonstration
- A lightweight, portable document camera
- Built-in USB microphone
- Flexible neck with full 360 degree rotation
- Manual focus; camera can be moved and refocused for close-ups
- Native resolution of 1280x720 (720p)
- UVC compatible
- Available in a choice of colours
- PC: Windows 10 recommended (Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP compatible)
- Mac: macOS 10.12+ recommended (Mac OS X 10.4.3+ compatible)
- Other: ChromeOS, or Linux distributions with UVC support
- Powered USB port (USB 2.0 recommended, USB 3.0/1.1 compatible)
- HUE HD camera
- Camera base
- USB to mini-USB cable
Compare with similar items
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
That was on 4/10. It was scheduled for delivery on 4/15, but I actually received it on Easter Sunday 4/12. So I give the seller high marks for promptness both in answering my question and shipping the product.
Now for the camera. It comes in 3 pieces. The camera / microphone unit comes attached to a flexible gooseneck that's about a foot long. The gooseneck plugs into a plastic base. Then the base plugs into the computer via the included cable (approximately 6 feet long.) Some reviewers claim the the attachments are not secure, that they come loose easily. I have not found that to be the case. Some also report that the base is too light, so the camera tips over easily. That may be when you bend the gooseneck down to shoot documents, but it is plenty stable for my purpose, since I will always use it with the gooseneck straight up.
I don't know why some reviewers said they had problems with installation. All I can figure is that they're referring to the software, not the camera itself. The camera is simply plug and play - at least with Windows 10.
The camera's image quality is excellent. The webcam built into my wife's laptop is ok when viewing a small image, but it becomes quite grainy when viewing full screen. Not so with this webcam. When I view the image full screen on my 32" monitor, there's just a bit of graininess, not objectionable. And the microphone works great. When I tried the camera out in our small group Zoom meeting, everyone was having problems hearing me, but my issue was not having Zoom set right. When I fixed that, they said that they could hear me clearly.
All in all, I'm very satisfied with my purchase.
The stant connects to the computer via USB cable. This connection is fine. The camera connects to the stand via USB socket, which is so CHEAPLY manufactured that the camera WOBBLES in the stand, disconnects from the USB hub, causes the software to freeze - after wobbling the camera to get it to reconnect to the USB hub, you have to restart the software to get any use from it.
Somebody threw out the packaging for the product, or I would return it - they've got my money, don't let them SUCKER you out of yours!!!
Top international reviews
On the website it seems to be higher then it is, but with four paperbacks underneath I can show a full page.
In an advertisement elsewhere the camera was announced as 1920x1080, but in Amazon the correct resolution is stated: 1280x720, and that's enough for a good image on the screen.
I didn't test the sound quality, because I already have a good external Mic.
I don't recognize any of the criticism in the other reviews. The camera fits well in the base and in win10 the camera was recognized immediately.
The camera doesn't come with software. No problem: I use the free program: YAWCAM. It's simple, but it shows the camera image on the screen (upside down if I want) and that's all I need.
I recommend this camera to everyone and especially to all my colleague teachers.
It was worth the money, but I should have gone for a higher spec.
I didn't test the sound quality at all.
Look for the frame rate; 60 fps is the best standard, this one (Like all of them under £100) only has 30fps
If you want a camera to chat with your friends this is the one, if you want to look professional you need to spend professional money.
Estoy muy contenta con la compro, la recomiendo
I use Linux - Fedora 31 - but no problems at all.
The microphone is quite adequate for voice - I'd have liked it a bit sharper. This can be used just as a microphone with sound applications.
Install software in Apple Mac ... so not too
Impressed that I’d to pay an additional £15 on top of the £40 spent!! This was no outlines clearly prior to
Looks cheap, performs badly - picture quality is pretty terrible, and it can't cope with differing light conditions.
I'd suggest it's about twice the price it should be.
Used in my laptop as a second camera to support on line tuition.