Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 21-30 of 186 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 197 reviews
on January 22, 2016
When I first bought it, it worked perfectly, but I just tried it again yesterday while checking / restocking my emergency supplies and it did not work, I did the hand cranking but did not work. I will put it to charge via solar and try it again, if this does not work, it was a waste of my money and I bought for all my family members :(
on February 12, 2015
Radio worked once, only on FM, no matter if you changed band, and only on one station, no matter if you turned the tuning, then never worked again, tried the phone charger and it scrambled my phone. Unfortunatly it was a gift bought early and is past the time you can return it.
on January 9, 2014
This equipment is much better than I had anticipated. Being a veteran, I think this should be a part of any survival gear. The light works great and the crank charger works fantastic.
The fact that it charges my cell phone is a HUGE plus. My phone may not, in the event of comm disruption, be useful for calling, BUT, I have lots of needful information stored on it. It can still be a valuable asset. With that being said, this piece of equipment has proven to be INVALUABLE!!!
on December 12, 2013
Bought this for my little brother for Christmas. He is 11 and def a mans man. He loves guns, hunting, outdoor anything. His "thing" is cool gadgets. He LOVES this, he said he had looked into other ones, played with a few and this one is buy far the greatest. It is small and compact, radio gets nice and loud, flashlight works great. He told our mom that "she is about to be saving a lot of money on their electric bill because this thing does it all!"
on October 28, 2015
Doesn't hold a charge for very long, can't really listen to radio for more then 5 min
on March 10, 2014
Fantastic as a flashlight and emergency radio.

Don't expect the thing to legitimately charge your iPhone. You'll be cranking it for years.
on January 24, 2015
doesn't work. I suspect there is no quality control and the factory that makes these probably won't know there is a problem until a few more million units are produced.
Ok wait, the flashlight part works but thats it.
on October 15, 2015
It wont charge anything greater then iPhone 5, because it doesn't have the appropriate cable. And frankly even if it did I don't think it has HP power to crank-charge an iPhone.

I think the goods things are the light is bright. The radio works well.
on September 28, 2012
The unit is very compact, and light with a rubberized housing that should protect it from normal storage or transportation damage. I question Amazon listing it as "waterproof"but my guess it was taken from page one of the instruction sheet. My bet is on "water resistant" as is clearly stated on the second page of the instruction sheet.
Tuner and volume controls are a small and difficult to use but very functional. It has good sound quality for stations that you adjust with LED tuner indicator. The receiver is set for only one NOAA station and this is a definite negative for an emergency radio's functionality. The radio NOAA reception was marginal at the best for a tower located less than 15 miles away with no obstructions. The NOAA station received was: Ocean 034029 Atlantic City 162.400 KHB38 1000 CENTRAL/S

The LED flashlight works fine and is a definite asset in emergency situations. The crank-dynamo charger was a little noisy but worked well and felt pretty solid. Having the option to charge the battery with the crank-dynamo, a solar charger and a USB Port covered both emergencies and real life charging.
This radio was listed as an improvement from other ones as you can use the radio to recharge Cell Phones, iPhones, iPads, IPods, MP3s/MP4s etc. The charger did not work for my iPhone or any of the devices I tried to charge with it. My first step was to fully charged the battery with the USP cord before I even hooked up the phone. Although the phone was off it was discharged by the radio. I repeated the test again with the battery fully charged in direct full sun with the Cell off with the same results. The second time I actually used a meter to verify the drain from the cell phone battery.
The bottom line is it is worth the price if you are buying a crank-dynamo or solar charged radio with a light. It is definitely not a full function emergency unit.
on April 8, 2013
In my opinion, this product is well worth the money. My niece was sceptical until she plugged her iphone in and it began charging instantly. I plan to surpise her with her own unit.
The hand crank is easy...but I have hardly used it since it is constantly charged by the solar option.
L.A. Bullhead City, AZ