Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HY-88E Emergency Dynamo Solar Self Powered AM/FM/WB(NOAA) Radio w/ LED Flashlight, Cell Phone Charger w/ USB adaptors and cords
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on November 15, 2012
I got one as a birthday gift for my 8 year old nephew just after hurricane Sandy. He loves it! I own one too and love how compact it is, fits neatly into my grab and go emergency kit, and is easy to charge (solar or crank). I tested it and it does charge my smartphone and should be quite reliable should the need ever arise to use it in a power outage. This one does so much in such a small package- flashlight/lamp is bright, weather band comes in perfectly - I'm way out in the boonies. Radio signal is good, too, with antenna. Lots of adapters and cords, more than I need really. Arrived quickly also. I highly recommend this for gift and personal use!
on December 11, 2012
I got a little bit of the prepper bug and this was one of the first items I bought. When I recieved it , it was much better quality then I expected. The light is bright, and sound is clear, and loud. My kids are going to end up making me buy a whole new one, because they love it. It is portable and small. Guess you have a repeat buyer=)
on December 31, 2012
It is important to be able hear emergency info during a storm or other situations which might cause a power outages. The ability to manually peer the light and radio is important because of battery failure and potential battery damage to the product with infrequent use.
on January 23, 2013
No doubt the dimensions were clear on the description, but one doesn't check everything. I thought it would be twice the size it was. My fault. Regardless, the kids who received it as present loved it.
on December 9, 2012
radio's reception is perfect and the led flashlight is great ! the only thing is that the battery should be of greater capacity, but it's ok because i can get about two hours of non-stop light and one hour and a half of non-stop radio, which is ideal in an emergency situation. also, you can always fully recharge with only five minutes of cranking... the other choice for recharging would be the solar panel which is very cool...
on January 25, 2013
Works as stated. Thought it would be bigger. No size on product description, which is a little deceiving. Can fit in glove box and even my purse. Handy product for emergencies. Will buy a bigger one and keep this one in the car.
on November 21, 2012
Well made with nice features and good value for the price.

Works as advertised.

Very compact size yet has very clear sound.
on January 25, 2014
Works as advertised, but is poorly made and has a very cheesy feel to it. In the future I would pay a bit more and get something of higher quality. I did get what I paid for, and it does work.
on December 21, 2012
Arrived on time and in good condition. Flashlight works well, wind up power works well. I haven't tried the solar panel as yet. I am glad I have it in the house for when the power goes out.
on December 3, 2012
Love the hand-crank option, but the solar works perfectly to keep item charged--picks up light even in some overcast.
Radio and flashlight work...have not had to try other functions.