HY-C Liberty Foundry G500-24-BX Fire Grate, 22" W x 15" D X 7.5" H, Black
- Measures 22” (front) x 18” (back) x 15” (depth) with a 2 ¾” cast leg clearance
- Uniquely designed with an adjustable-slope, self-feeding basket - Self-feeding grate design keeps your fire roaring as logs naturally fall into the center of the grate
- Crafted with heavy-duty cast iron, Designed with long-term durability in mind equipping you with long-term performance - feel the difference of a Liberty Foundry grate right out of the box
- Provides maximum airflow under the fire to encourage efficient burning while conquering frustrations caused by poorly drafting chimneys
- Lifts wood off the firebox floor and securely holds it above ash build-up, allowing air to circulate freely and fan your flame
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Eliminate the Grate-Replacement Cycle with Liberty Foundry!
Improved fireplace performance improves fireplace enjoyment.
Know Your Fireplace
Zero Clearance Fireplace
- Fireplace opening may have metal grills on top and bottom
- Typically have inside fit glass doors
- Chimney exterior or chase typically constructed of siding to match house
- Top of chase has round metal chimney pipe or square metal cover visible
Open Masonry Fireplace
- Fireplace opening has no metal within the opening
- Glass doors, if present, typically overlap opening
- Chimney exterior typically constructed of brick
- Top of brick chimney has square or rectangular flue tile or cap
Steps for Buying a Fireplace Grate
- If you have a zero clearance fireplace, measure your existing grate or refer to the owner’s manual for appropriate grate dimensions. For your safety, do not follow the measuring instructions below. Improperly sizing your grate may harm your appliance and may increase your risk of a fire.
- If you have a masonry fireplace, measure the firebox following the instructions below.
- Determine the necessary clearance from the bottom of the grate. If you have a log lighter in your fireplace, measure the height of the log lighter to ensure the fireplace grate will sit over it.
How to Measure For A Fireplace Grate?
- Measure the front width of your firebox
- Measure the back width of your firebox
- Measure the depth of your firebox
- Subtract 6 inches from each measurement to determine the grate size needed
Leaving a 3 inch clearance on each side of grate allows your firebox to have the proper function and airflow. If your grate is too small, there will be too much air flow leading to faster burn times. If your grate is too big, the fire may damage the walls of your firebox.
|Liberty Foundry G1000 Series||Liberty Foundry G800 Series||Liberty Foundry Franklin G Series||Liberty Foundry G500 Sampson Series||Liberty Foundry GT SAF-T-GRATE Series||Liberty Foundry Steel Bar Grate Series|
|Style||Curved Basket-Style Grate||One Piece, Flat Bottom Basket-Style||One Piece, Flat Bottom Basket-Style||Self-Feeding Basket Design||Self-Feeding Basket Design||Flat-bottom, Basket-Style|
|Material||Constructed of Heavy-Duty Cast Iron||Constructed of Heavy-Duty Cast Iron||Constructed of Heavy-Duty Cast Iron||Constructed of Heavy-Duty Cast Iron||Constructed of Heavy-Duty Cast Iron||5/8” Solid, Heavy-Duty Steel Bar|
|Special Features||Designed with Optimized Depths Enabling Easy Wood Loading||Designed with Optimized Depths Enabling Easy Wood Loading||Narrow Depths for use in Small Fireplaces and Franklin Stoves||Uniquely Designed with an Adjustable-Slope, Self-Feeding Basket||Uniquely Designed with an Adjustable-Slope, Self-Feeding Basket||Custom-Designed Built-In Ember Retainer Improves Complete Burn|
|Available Front Widths||24” and 28”||20”, 24”, and 27”||15”, 17”, 22” and 27”||18”, 22”, 26”, 30” and 33”||17”, 23” and 30”||18”, 24”, 27” and 30”|
|Available Leg Clearances||2.5” and 4”||4”||1 ½”, 2” and 4”||2 ¾”||3”||4 ½”|
|Assembly Required||Some Assembly Required||No Assembly Required||No Assembly Required||Some Assembly Required||Some Assembly Required||No Assembly Required|
HY-C people are passionate and committed to high performance. We are here to provide safety, security and sustainable living products to improve your life and the life of your home.
HY-C has been protecting homes and families since 1947 with home improvement products including chimney covers, stove boards, firewood management solutions, nuisance wildlife control screens, and cast iron fireplace accessories. Recent additions to the lineup include the LintEater and SootEater dryer vent and chimney cleaning products. The Magic Heat heat reclaimer and Flame Genie pellet fire pit also have recently joined the HY-C family.
Because we manufacture almost all of our products here in the United States, our customers are not waiting for containers that are ‘on the water.’ We provide what you need when you need it.
The 22" Self-Feeding Cast Iron Fireplace Grate with 4" leg height, 2. 75" floor clearance by Liberty Foundry is designed to keep the wood and hot coals together, so your fire burns neatly, safely and more efficiently. The heavy-duty cast iron deep-bed construction keeps the logs where they belong and improves air circulation so your fire burns hotter and more completely. Measures approximately 16" depth, 22" front width, and 18" back width. Assembly required.