Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 309 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 386 reviews
on April 22, 2010
I'm not going to tell you I had 5-6 of my neighbors over and we did a "Consumers Report" type of testing because I don't know 5-6 neighbors that have 5-6 different type of steam mops (do the "losers" go home and throw out their "inferior" mops?). What I will tell you is that this mop WORKS as well or better than advertised, especially if you start with hot tap water rather than cold. Plenty of steam and easy to use. As far as the knock about the cord length, does anyone expect to plug it in in one place and not have to switch outlets? The cord is certainly long enough, especially when you have to re-wind it.
The cleaning pads couldn't be easier to put on...place the velcroed pad on the floor and put the mop on top of it...done! The pad is much thicker than a microfiber sheet or a piece of terry cloth and being much thicker, it gets into the grout lines better. The removeable water reservoir is so much more convenient than the mops that you fill a non-removeable tank on...what do you do to empty them?
Get the SI-35 and you'll be happy.
on April 22, 2011
UPSIDE: (1) Cleans floors FABULOUS, no streak,leaves floors VERY DRY (hence the no streak). Even my laminate WilsonArt floor, which has been a pain to achieve streak free is....streak free! (2) Handle very sturdy and well designed, not like the Shark Steam pocket which broke due to design problems and they wanted to charge me over $30 for a new handle. (3) Comes with packets of lime descaler for the machines water tank, I bet there is more than a years supply!

DOWNSIDE: (1) Cord too short by far. (2) Head does not maneuver flexible like the Shark Steam, which makes it hard, sometimes impossible to clean at any angle other than straight back and forwards cleaning. ie. does not go around the toilet area.

Now if Haan could sort the downsides out, they would have THE perfect floor sanitizer. They even sell fragrances to put on the mop head to discharge a nice aroma.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 22, 2012
Sick and tired of cleaning my tile floors with a regular mop, only to find that dirt is always left behind; I took a chance and purchased this. It works exactly as advertised and leaves my floors so clean that they always look brand new. This thing is a pleasure to use, due to its light weight and ease of pushing over hard surface floors. All you do is fill the water reservoir, place the cleaner on top of the Haan cleaning pads, wait a few seconds for it to heat up, and you're ready to go. It also comes with a rubber mat that you can place the steamer on while you're waiting for it to heat up, or when you want to take a break. While I always found that a regular mop would leave a lot of dirt around, or in some cases it would just be moved from one area to another; the Haan cleaner leaves all of your hard surface floors without a trace of dirt. The blue pads are very well made and designed to be super absorbent. Within seconds of moving the cleaner over an area; the floor is not only clean, but dry. My only complaint with the Haan Steamer, is that they could have and should have made the cord longer. It's not the type that recoils back into the unit, so perhaps that's the reason why it isn't longer. Beside this minor issue; the cleaner is absolutely awesome and receives my highest recommendation.
on October 27, 2010
As the title says, been on a quest for a GOOD steam mop. Have purchased, Shark, Gruene, Eureka for the wife and all have disappointed. She loves this Haan !

This steamer is light, well designed and leaves floors CLEAN.

It is not a commercial grade steamer and anyone who expects that will be disappointed.

Pros:
Light
Steam ready quickly +/- 60 secs
Fits under furniture and ledges
Excellent head design with lots of steam vents across the length of mop head
Stands on its own for easy storage and use
comes with Fragrances and Carpet Cleaner
Microfiber pads are EXCELLENT. For replacements pads this mop uses HAAN RMF4 4-Ultra Microfiber Cleaning Pads
Self powered steam release - No pumping or buttons to hold !!
Very easy to refill water tank, lasts for approx 20mins
No streaks and floor was left almost dry, other steamers were 'wet' [note: pads should be changed every 10 mins or so for best results]Got two with machine and bought 4 more, so use one for each room.

Cons:
Would like to see a little more steam pressure
Cord length could be longer, but is adequate

Conclusion: Would definitely buy again - we are now 'Haan people' Our floors have never looked better. This mop leaves them fresh and new looking. Did magnificently on our wood and laminate floors. Fantastic on tile in kitchens and bathrooms.
A family member had requested a Black & Decker steam mop Black & Decker SM1620 Steam Mop with Smart Select Technology for her new wood laminate floors. We bought the steam mop to try out then give to her so we could make an educated decision when buying a steam mop for our home. We immediately fell in love with the idea of a steam mop but noted several cons of the Black & Decker model including the single steam hole, the need for the small funnel cup and the COST of the replacement pads. After trying the Black & Decker I decided to shop around for a different model of steam mop for our home. After reading numerous reviews and browsing similar models at a local box store, we settled on the Haan Slim and Light. WE ARE IN LOVE with this steam mop!!

The Haan notably has 15 holes for steam instead of the single hole on the Black and Decker. The entire water bottle removes for easy refilling, no special cups needed. The replacement steam pads HAAN RMF-4 4-Pack Replacement Pads, Blue are about half the cost of the replacement pads for the Black & Decker model. My husband has partial paralysis on one side of his body affecting both his hand and his leg making simply daily tasks more challenging. He enjoys using the Haan over the Black & Decker steam mop (he is not able to use a traditional mop.) The Haan has given him the ability to do one more household task for himself without being reliant upon others.

All-in-all we both love our new Haan Slim and Light steam mop and really appreciate how much easier it is to clean our wood, laminate and ceramic tile floors.
on April 2, 2012
I have over 1,000 square feet of tile in my kitchen and dining room. I was SO sick of using a hand mop! I purchased two different types of steam cleaners and ended up throwing them away--a HUGE waste of money. I waited a few years before even looking for another steam cleaner and then I found this one! I purchased it based on all of the positive reviews, and I have been VERY happy. It doesn't do a good job on grout, but then I didn't expect it to. I purchased a Wagner Power Steamer for that purpose. I use the Wagner for grout about once a month, and the Haan Steamer once or twice a week. Between the two, I have solved my tile and grout cleaning problems. The Hann is also extremely easy to use!!!

**UPDATE**
I have been using this regularly now for six months. SURPRISE--I still love it! It is still doing a great job cleaning my tile floors. It remains easy (even a little "fun") to use, and I am finding that I no longer dread having to clean my tile!
on March 17, 2011
I have a 1050 sq ft condo with all hardwood floors except tile in the bathrooms. For the past five or so years, I have had a cleaning service mostly because I could not get the floors as clean as they could. i still worried about my old big dog laying on the floors with possible chemical residue. I started researching floor steamers after seeing an infomercial for the Shark. Sounded perfect but the reviews were not great. I gave up. A few weeks later I researched again and saw the Haan Slim & Light. The reviews were great and it seemed easy enough. I was just afraid it would be just so-so and I would have another unused item laying around. I decided to chance it.

Best purchase ever! This is how easy it is: fill up the water container, plug it in, press the on button, wait 30 seconds and go! I heard other similar products have a trigger button. Nope. The Haan is steaming as long as it is on. The floors are left warm and dry within a few seconds. No puddles. No streaks. I can steam my entire place with only using 1/2 the water supply. The washable pads are great. I thought I would have to change the pads a few times each cleaning, but I don't. Saves a ton of money because you don't need to continue purchasing disposable pads or cleaners. The cord is long and sturdy. It is very light weight and easy to store. Extremely easy for a quick cleaning. No chemicals so no smells.

I have never taken the time to write a product review mostly because I have never been so pleased with a product. This is an all around great help!
on December 18, 2009
I LOVE my Haan steam mop! It seems to be of very high quality. Surprisingly, the cord is heavier than my Dyson vacuum, or any other appliance of this type. The pads are nice & thick and are sure to hold up well.
I was most impressed when I cleaned one of my vinyl bathroom floors. It's had a deep stain on it since it was installed. I'd tried Clorox Clean-up and every other product I thought might work, to no avail. With just ONE short use, most of the stain is gone! I'm sure a second cleaning will remove it entirely.
You still have to sweep the floor as the Haan steams, and doesn't pick up debris.
It heats up in just 30 seconds (rather than the 3 minutes they say) and comes with pad to place under it while it's heating. One very little tank of water did my kitchen, both bathroom floors and my tiled entryway, with some left over. So buying distilled water won't be much of an expense. However, my rooms are very small.
I'm anxious to use it on my braided and oriental type rugs, which haven't been cleaned as I was afraid a shampooer would ruin them.
I'm 66 years old and found the Haan to be very light weight (at 4lbs) and easy to use.
Haven't found any Cons, so far.
I certainly wouldn't hesitate to purchase this again.
UPDATE:
I tried my Hann Steam Mop on my area rugs last evening. They came out cleaner than I imagined they would and I was very impressed. Especially on an area of my regular carpeting where the dirt was very ground in AND one of my puppies had an 'accident'. I tried everything to get the smell up.....several natural enzyme products, Febreeze, Spot Shot etc, and had even shampooed the carpeting several times. Now, The smell is GONE, after one use with the Haan.
Unlike using the Haan on hard flooring, when you're steaming rugs or carpeting, you will want to go very, very slowly and go over the area a few times.
This is one of the best purchases I have made in many a year!
on November 5, 2013
I bought this a few years ago and have loved it every since. Firstly, I'm not a germaphobe and am not really anti-household cleaning chemicals. I don't mind using bleach etc and knowing it's really clean. But this is different. I can't even fathom going back to any mop system and pushing dirty water around my floor. Or using a swifter and having to pay for refills just to basically wet wipe my floor. This steamer is lightweight, easy to maneuver, easy to use and works flawlessly every time. Fill the water, turn it on and steam. I love that it's high temperature kills germs and "sanitizes" without having do anything special or add anything to it.

Some people complain that "they still have to scrub their floors". Really? What's on your floor? Dried chocolate, candle wax, spaghetti sauce? Maybe some people don't understand steam cleaning. You have to go slow and sometimes let it sit over an area moving it back and forth in very small movements to release dirt/grime etc. The steam has to have time to penetrate the stain, heat it and lift it. I suspect many people take a quick pass and then wonder why it didn't remove any and all dirt immediately. Also understand, it's a steam cleaner, not a pressure washer and not a magic wand. I have had a dog and I have had cats, suffice it to say they dirty up floors. This thing works on probably 90%+ of the floor dirt I need removed. Anything else I wouldn't expect it to get anyway. Don't even get me started on bathrooms. The first few times I used it in there I could smell the stains and dirt it was lifting, that I thought was already pretty clean. Thanks steamer for showing me how much I needed to really clean.. :-(.

Lastly, I've used the carpet attachment and it's awesome. It steams cloth surfaces or carpet and does lift odor and/or some stains. Again it's not magic, but I've been really impressed. Steam and heat lifted things that normal cleaning struggled to remove. Great way to remove odor or dirt in carpet fibers.

Cons:
Cord is too short (I added a black extension cord)
Water volume is low (wish it had a bigger reservoir, but I just refill, 90 seconds no problem)
After a while the pads don't retain their velcro ability (not a big deal they still stay put)
You have to go slow for steaming to work (adjust to it).

Overall:
I love this steamer. It cleans incredibly well (I compared it side by side against swifters and mops), it's easy to use, kills germs, kills dust mites and keeps my house fresh and clean.

[...]
on December 28, 2011
I was in the market for a hard floor cleaner that is affordable, easy to use, easy to stow, and does not use abrasive chemicals - the Haan floor steamer seemed to fit all of those criteria. I gave the unit a trial run on the filthy and tattered peel-and-stick tiles in my kitchen that are slated (no pun) to be replaced with porcelain soon. I went over the tiles with a hard floor vacuum first. Setting up the Haan floor steamer was super easy. I unwound the power chord (there's plenty of length), filled the water reservoir from my tap (recommended that you use distilled water to increase product lifespan by avoiding mineral build-up, though), and turned the unit on. It was ready to steam in about a minute. From there, I simply placed the toothed bottom of the unit over one of the two included microfiber pads. I began cleaning the peel-and-stick tile with ease. The microfiber pad glides right over hard surfaces. It didn't even get stuck on some of the uneven grout lines or sharp tile edges. The unit leaves a thin layer of condensed steam on each tile, which dries in about a minute. This is monumental for people who are used to traditional mopping and the accompanying longer dry times (brings to mind childhood memories of not being permitted into the kitchen for 15 minutes while my mom's mopping was allowed to fully dry). I did a walk-through test after completing the kitchen and noticed that all of the sticky spots had been eliminated and the tiles now had a smooth, clean feeling like when they were originally installed months ago. The unit handled 100 square feet in approximately two minutes and used only a fraction of the water I poured in the reservoir. The microfiber pad was dirty, so I removed it and placed it aside to be washed and re-used. Best of all, the kitchen floor was dry by the time I had returned from placing the unit in the closet. Great, small, cheap (but not cheaply-made so far) hard floor cleaner!

Update - October 8, 2012
The unit is still running strong and cleaning my new (well, not so new anymore) porcelain floor and hardwood surfaces. The supplied pads can be cleaned in the clothes washer and reused. Definitely an effective, reliable product.