Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 157 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 164 reviews
on November 23, 2011
I bought one last year and it was great. After five months, I forgot it somewhere and when I went back to get it, it had disappeared :(. So, I just bought another one since I was very happy with it. The main shaft is made of fiberglass which helps to keep the weight low, but I wouldn't consider it a lite weight umbrella; however I carry it with me almost everywhere since I live in a place that rains most of the year. It definitely keeps me dry when everyone else is getting drenched. Overall, it has a good construction without using much metal. I recall having it open in a windy day and I was getting pulled off of the ground instead of the umbrella turning inside out or breaking (I had both of these happen to my previous umbrellas - interestingly while writing this review I noticed that the care instructions indicates "Carry umbrella facing into the wind - use caution in strong gusts to prevent frame damage").
review image review image review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2012
I didn't realize how big this umbrella was going to be--I was expecting a large normal umbrella, when in fact this is a full-fledged golf umbrella. I feel a little silly with it if it's only sprinkling. That said, I hate getting rained on, and I often carry my laptop with me, so this is a great umbrella for keeping me and my stuff dry. You could easily fit two people under it if need be. The handle is nicely cushioned, and the fabric and pole are of good quality and seem like they'll last (I've only had the umbrella for about a month). Since it's so big, though, it is a bit heavy, so I wouldn't recommend it for a petite woman, say, or a child. When the umbrella is closed, the tips tuck into a spring-loaded little cup down by the handle, so that if you set it upright on the floor it's not splaying out everywhere. Highly recommended if you want to stay nice and dry and don't mind carrying around a big walking stick when it stops raining. Not recommended if you're tiny, need to walk down narrow alleyways in the rain, or if you prefer to be stealthy in any way.
on July 22, 2012
Seriously, this is a fantastic umbrella As other posters have mentioned it is huge! Usually with a baby, my purse and other bags I'm toting around, normal size umbrellas don't cover everything I'm carrying. This umbrella covers me and everything I've got in hand. It's a great color also, it looks just like the picture. It's also very sturdy and feels well built. Definitely would recommend.

***UPDATE****
It's been 4 years and this umbrella is still holding up strong. Aside from it having a few dirt marks, it still works as well as it did when I purchased it.
on August 26, 2016
While this umbrella is not too bad structurally, I am extremely disappointed in the extent of fading that has happened after one year. I bought one of these three years ago to shelter our Little Free Library. That one lasted two full summers in the sun, and didn't actually fade that much, although it did start to fray a bit, which I expected, and is why I replaced it. This one, however, after only four months outside (and this is Seattle, not the sunniest place on earth) it is barely even recognizable as orange. Faded almost to white.
on March 17, 2016
The perfect umbrella! Over the years I've had the rinky-dink pocket sized umbrellas and the occasional large-sized one I'd buy or get with a cologne purchase was okay at best.

This is the best investment I've ever made in keeping the rain away - I use it often and it does a great job. Have had a few times where the strength of the wind and whirling around has pulled at it - just held it at the top of the stem and got home alright.

Highly recommend this to anyone who wants to make a one-time investment in a great umbrella. (I've had it for a couple of years and it's as good as new!)
on April 1, 2016
Bought the umbrella as a gift for my girlfriend because we watched How I met your Mother, and this is the closest resemblance to the umbrella that I could find without buying the overpriced, cheaply made prop model. I was surprised when I received this that the umbrella was actually made very well. My girlfriend uses it every time it rains. Be forewarned though, do not use this umbrella when it is windy outside unless you have dreams of turning into Marry Poppins.
on December 10, 2012
I have always used the small compact umbrellas only to be disappointed with them being so fragile. I finally decided to get a big umbrella that could stand up to windy days. This umbrella definitely does the job. It's big so it can keep 2 people dry with no problem and has held up so far against pretty strong gusts of wind.
on May 30, 2017
Great umbrella. I actually had to buy it again because I had left this at a bar one night and when I went in the next day it seems that someone had liked it too and lifted it. I live in NYC so you need a good sturdy umbrella when dealing with the elements. Plus during the night time when it is dark you are easily seen with this. Good overall purchase.
on November 29, 2016
Strong, sturdy-- stands up to high winds and rain. Easily fits 2-3 under the umbrella! This was a gift for my husband so he would stop stealing mine-- exact same only bright yellow! He loves it!
on February 20, 2014
My granddaughter picked this umbrella because I reminded her of one on the show "How I Met Your Mother." It arrived just in time for our first rain this year. It is big but she knew it was bigger than a portable one and she said after she got used to it, she realized how good it is.