Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens Workbook
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 24, 2001
* * * * * FIVE STARS! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! * * * * * Last summer I found this book on my younger brother's desk--a gift to him from our mother. As an eighteen-year-old college student, I thought the writing would be "too young" for me. NOPE! I read the book and it has significantly changed my views of myself, others, and the world. On another note, I liked the book so much that I decided to check out 'the original,' Sean's father's book (7 Habits of ... *people*): the verdict: I personally found the book for Teens a MUCH better read. Sean's writing style is concise and very visual, making it easy to understand, enjoyable, and fun. The anecdotes and stories are universally applicable--despite racial, economic, etc. backgrounds (or even age!). He doesn't waste time getting to the point, taking a single paragraph to introduce a new concept, and then supporting it with two or three stories, anecdotes, or quotations; and yes, there are even pictures too! The end product is something that is VERY enjoyable, practicable, and has helpful. If you have ANY doubts about whether or not to read this book, I would say that if you are even looking into it enough to read this review, you and someone you know can greatly benefit from the ideas in this book. Of course self-change is scary and difficult, but this book makes it fun and easy. It's helped me to not only improve my own life, but also that of my younger brother, guiding me to be a better role model for him. When I first found this book I had made fun of it, but as soon as I had begun reading, I was hooked [or as the book would have me say, "I hooked myself..."] Thanks Sean (and Stephen) for your contribution(s)! [And thanks Mom, too...] : - )
0Comment| 176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2000
Ulrica Grade 7 Oakview School The reason why I read this book was because it was assigned by my teacher. When I started reading this book I thought that this book would be boring and dull. Now that I have finished reading this book I really enjoyed it. It helped me with alot of problems that I was facing. Now that I have finished this book I will try my best to put the seven habits I learned in the book into action. Because of this book I have learned to control my temper. I have changed all my bad habits, and I am going to do better in school.I would reccomend this book to teens who have problems with friends, family, and school. It will change everything for them.
on May 30, 2000
I purchased the book for a teen-aged niece, who was, at first, very hesitant to read the book. However, once she read through the first habit, she couldn't put the book down. Her personal conversations have changed from discussing the latest music videos to her goals in life and her methods of pursuing them! I LOVE IT! Thanks, Sean, keep up the good work.
on June 3, 2002
This book is great! Teenagers can really relate to this kind of stuff! The book is jam packed with pictures, quotes, and best of all the best advice a teenager could get!
It's divided into sections of the 7 Habits for Highly Effective Teens. This book isn't a book to preach or lecture. It's a book to learn from and grow from.
If you really take this book to heart it could change your life somehow. It could help give you more positive outlooks on life.
This is a great book for teenagers~
on November 16, 2014
I had a new class thrown at me, no materials provided of course. This workbook was inexpensive enough for me to buy one for all my students. Now if guidance would stop adding kids to the class I would not have to keep purchasing more....but shipping has been quick and I have never had a student waiting more than 2 days for their copy to arrive.
on October 1, 2014
As a high school English teacher, I find this book to be immensely helpful for my incoming freshmen. In fact, it is the first book we are reading in class. The book is interesting and well-written and the tips, topics, and exercises are very useful to this age-group. The 7 Habits are also universal, so I get a lot of insight into myself as I am discussing the book with the class.
on June 18, 2008
This is the companion workbook for The 7 Habit of Highly Effective Teens book The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective Teens

This combination is very good for middle and high school age kids. It gives them a direction and a way to plan how they live and interact with other teens and adults. Used together they are very effective.
on August 23, 2015
I highly highly recommend this book to everyone with a teenager, and every teenager out there. It is the greatest way to make a plan and keep a plan to be successful. I teach a leadership class for 10th graders, and this is the book we will be using. It's by far the best one yet.
on November 1, 2015
Love reading Sean Covey's writing much more than his father's. Same ideas, just written in a way that we all understand. I used it with my high school AVID classes, and they loved it, too, especially the CD. Sean is someone they can relate to.
on December 7, 2012
I think this should be a must read in intermediate school classrooms around the world. My students love it. It has the same concept as the adult version, but much simpler.