Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Habits of a Successful Band Director: Pitfalls and Solutions/G6777
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

91%
Format: Paperback|Change

on September 16, 2008
Whether you are a experienced band director or right out of college, Habits of a Successful Band Director is one of the best resource books I have ever seen. It's strength is that is very practical and applicable right from the start. I have revised many way I do things because of this book and it has helped make my professional better. Band directors must be a model classroom teacher, understand how to run a business with curricular and extracurricular budgets, manage personalities of students and staff, work with involved booster programs, and oh yeah, teach music! Habits helps in all avenues of a program and I am so glad this resource exists for us all.
review image
on July 6, 2008
I purchased this book as one of the texts for a class I was taking, but I was thrilled to find a wonderful amount of useful information, ideas, and resources. New band directors, or band directors in their first few years are sure to find this as useful as I have, but I think that even veteran directors will find useful information in this book.

The book is broken down into easy to read chapters covering everything from working with administration to marching band, parent meetings and band handbooks to classroom management and literature. This should definitely find a place on every director's shelf.
on July 5, 2011
I have a book published on Teaching Elementary Music and was looking for something similar for teaching band as I went back to doing so after many years in elementary music. I was looking for practical information for everyday use and what I got out of reading this book was not only that but true inspiration. It is extremely thorough and the strategies are excellent. This is a must read for every band director!
on May 9, 2010
I like the book. It has a lot of good examples and things that you can copy and add for yourself. I do also like how it tells you to take a break from the profession when you have time off. Very useful. As a college graduate, i think this book will really help me when i land my first teaching gig.
on June 24, 2010
outstanding book of information. great for band directors, and can be used for any music classroom. highly recommended.
on December 29, 2013
I bought this for my 16 year old son who is planning on majoring in music education. Arrived in a timely manner in perfect condition and was a little cheaper than ordering from my local bookstore. He is very happy with it and feels it will help him once he gets to college.
on August 4, 2014
I had to get this book for a class but there is so much good information in this book every young band director should know.
on January 20, 2015
This was purchased for my daughter who is a band teacher and she loved it!
on January 25, 2016
The book was exactly what I needed as a supplement for my program.
on May 15, 2016