From the Inside Flap
"Surprisingly complete. I have found this book to be quite useful and a great time-saver. There is nothing more irritating than thrashing in a search engine trying to remember some obscure tool or an obscure tool's obscure feature. A great reference for the working security consultant."
- Simple Nomad - Renowned Security Researcher and Author of The Hack FAQ
"While a little knowledge can be dangerous, no knowledge can be deadly. HackNotes: Network Security Portable Reference covers an immense amount of information readily available that is required for network and system administrators, who need the information quickly and concisely. This book is a must-have reference manual for any administrator."
- Ira Winkler - Chief Security Strategist at HP, security keynote speaker and panelist
"HackNotes puts readers in the attacker's shoes, perhaps a little too close. Security pros will find this reference a quick and easily digestible explanation of common vulnerabilities and how hackers exploit them. The step-by-step guides are almost too good and could be dangerous in the wrong hands. But for those wearing white hats, HackNotes is a great starting point for understanding how attackers enumerate, attack and escalate their digital intrusions."
- Lawrence M. Walsh - Managing Editor, Information Security Magazine
"A comprehensive security cheat sheet for those short on time. This book is ideal for the consultant on a customer site in need of a robust reference manual in a concise and easy to parse format."
- Mike Schiffman - CISSP, Researcher, Critical Infrastructure Assurance Group, Cisco Systems, creator of the Firewalk tool and author of Hacker's Challenge 1 & 2
"Heavy firepower for light infantry; Hack Notes delivers critical network security data where you need it most, in the field."
- Erik Pace Birkholz - Principal Consultant, Foundstone, and Author of Special Ops: Host and Network Security for Microsoft, UNIX, and Oracle.