Now, you can engage every single learner every single day
33-year veteran classroom teacher, James Alan Sturtevant, wowed teachers with the original Hacking Engagement, which contained 50 Tips and Tools to Engage Teachers and Learners Daily. Those educators and students got better, but they craved more. So, the veteran classroom teacher and wildly popular student engager Sturtevant is Hacking Engagement Again!
Fifty Teacher Tips that make students love your class
The first step to real academic achievement is inspiring a love of learning, and the best way to accomplish this is to get students to love your class and your teaching. But rolling out worksheets and multiple-choice quizzes is a recipe for failure, so how do you engage students without these traditional tools?
The answer is surprisingly simple: Dig into Hacking Engagement Again and grab 50 tools and strategies, good for any class on any day, and watch your students light up.
Hacks that make students love your class:
- Feng Shui Your Students
- Fascinate with the First Five
- Give Students Virtually No Instructions
- Apply the You Y’all We Template
- Dangle a Dilemma
- Inspire 100% Participation in Your Next Class Discussion
- Shove Your Next Class Discussion On to the Twittersphere
- Pull Up a Philosophical Chair
- Morph Student Identities
- Detonate the Boring Guest Speaker Template
- Teleport Your Students Back to the 1970s
- Transform Tedious Test Review
- Tease Out a Taskmaster with Google Calendar
- Encourage Students to Sneak Out of Your Room
- Find the Elusive Spark
- Issue the 1,000 Pushup Challenge
- Reboot with Kahoot
- Navigate the Rolling Seas of Controversial Topics
- Rebel Against the Bell ... and 31 more teacher tips and strategies that will engage your students like never before and make them love you and your class
Experts rave about Hacking Engagement Again
"Hacking Engagement Again provides readers with a ton of ideas, strategies, and resources that move students from on-task to engaged. Looking to tap into student's use of smartphones in a classroom activity? This book is for you. Do you want to leverage the power of Twitter and Socratic Seminar to move conversations from good to great? This book is for you. James Alan Sturtevant provides a well thought out game plan for highly engaging learning experiences in both the physical and virtual worlds."
-Brad Currie, 2017 NASSP National Assistant Principal of the Year
"Jim Sturtevant is one of my all-time favorite educators. He is humble, honest, excited about learning, and really, really funny. This book is packed with ideas that can be implemented right away: Some creatively weave technology into instruction, others are just plain creative, and all of them are smart. Plus, the QR codes take the reader to so many more fantastic resources. With this book in hand, every teacher will find ways to freshen up their teaching and make it fun again!"
-Jennifer Gonzalez, Bestselling author, speaker, and CEO at CultOfPedagogy.com
"Jim Sturtevant has engaged us again with 50 more ways to engage learners. Each catchy hack comes equipped with easy to implement instructions for improving student engagement in all classes. Do yourself a favor and pick up this book. Your kids deserve it!"
-Starr Sackstein, Teacher, bestselling author, keynote speaker
Are you ready for every student to love your class?
Start Hacking Engagement Again, now!