- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; Pap/Cdr edition (August 6, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0764569295
- ISBN-13: 978-0764569296
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.8 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 27 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,594,938 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Hacking Windows XP Pap/Cdr Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
See the Best Books of 2017
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
“…excellent…up-to-date guide…” (PC Utilities, No. 54, 2004)
From the Back Cover
Check out the view from Steve Sinchak's Windows
Sure, Windows XP is already superior to its predecessors. But what if you could make it even better? Well, stop reading the cover and buy this book, because thats exactly what it teaches you. This is the serious stuffstep-by-step hacks that beef up speed and security, customize screens to make your life easier, and kick performance into overdrive. Roll up your sleeves, make your backups, and go for it!
Detailed, step-by-step instructions for these hacks and dozens more
- Build your own boot screen
- Tweak task bar and start button
- Speed launch and execution time
- Unlock hidden settings
- Supercharge network speed
- Blast features you hate, for good
- Create visual styles
- Add special visual effects
- Mod Internet Explorer
- Lock down system security
- Benchmark your hardware
- Scrub spyware and adware
- Registry hacks ready to install
- Hack templates, and over 45 hacking tools and toys that will help you get the most out of Windows XP