Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

Hadassah: One Night With the King
Format: Paperback|Change

on September 4, 2017
We bought "Hadassah: The Girl Who Became Queen Esther" for my son's English class. I read it in order to be able to check over his English assignments. While the book is okay, I have a serious issue with the use of a swastika as the symbol of Haman and his followers, and the murder of Hadassah's parents as a plot point, among other speculative parts of the story. While Tenney writes an interesting story, his departure from actual historic facts related to the use of the swastika and his questionable embellishments of the biblical story made me dislike this book.
on January 11, 2018
One of the finest books I have ever read (or had read to me)! This book is superbly written, and takes the reader into history during a time as pivotal as our own and puts you into that place and time first person. Thank you Tommy Tinney for a book that you cannot put down, and a walk through such a rich piece of history!
on June 27, 2016
I have read a lot of books about Esther, written from her point of view. This has been my favorite so far. Yes, there have been things added to the book that aren't in the account in the Bible, but that is what helps the characters feel like that real people that they were.
on December 21, 2015
Being so familiar with the story - and even the movie, it's hard to read with a new slant. The book is MUCH BETTER than the movie taken from this book.
on November 4, 2006
Let me be the one to say, if you purchase this book you will be so please. Tommy Tenney did an excellent job writing this novel. I couldn't put it down. I read it in 2 days. I would have been done soon but I still had to take care of my responsiblites. I love the story of Esther and the novel made me love it the more. I was so grateful that the novel and the movie followed the bible. The movie was done almost to perfection. I saw the movie twice. I saw it for the second time when I was almost finished with the novel. That alllowed me to see all the little details that I missed the first time. I believe it is an excellent novel.
on November 24, 2015
After reading this book, I gained such a deeper insight into what the presence of God is really like. Not to mention I've always had a soft spot for Princess' and Kings, and such.
on September 1, 2017
Awesome book. I couldn't hardly put it down when I started reading it.
on October 18, 2014
This was truly a beautiful book. I loved every minute of the re telling of the old story. It was engrossing and real in the live, the fear and all the emotions so powerfully expressed It was just a lovely book to read. It will remain one of my favorites.
on July 31, 2017
Mr. Tenney takes a well-known biblical story and adds contextual details that make it relevant and intriguing.
on February 10, 2018
Such a wonderfully written story that gives powerful wisdom about marriage. Every bride should read this. It makes the history of the Bible come alive.