Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Hadley-Roma Men's MSM881RAC-180 18-mm Honey Oil-Tan Leather Watch Strap
Style: MSM881|Size: 18mm/Regular|Color: Chestnut|Change

on November 6, 2014
I have a Citizen EcoDrive and had to replace band after many years of original. This 22-mm band fit PERFECTLY and looks great! Th
on November 10, 2014
Pros: Looks great

Cons: Terrible durability.

I've owned this strap for 4 months and the back of the band has cracked badly (see attached photo). I wore it almost every day (probably avg. 5 days a week) during this time. I should have known better buying a product made with "genuine leather", but it's still a disappointment it didn't last. I would highly suggest buying a more expensive and higher quality product if you intend to use the strap on a daily worn watch.
review image
11 comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 17, 2011
This is a good quality watchband. Compared to the MSM882RB it is somewhat shorter, more tapered and slightly thinner, so depending on which way you want to go by the size of your wrist and watch you can decide between the two. Choose this band if your wrist is medium to small and the watch is not too large, otherwise choose the 2RB for $22.45. Being oil tanned the band is very water resistant and the best part is that after a while of wearing it will develop a certain patina that looks better with age. I have given this product 4 stars only because I prefer the 2RB that as stated is a little thicker, etc.
on October 14, 2016
I'm really appreciating this band. I've purchased several Hadley-Roma bands in various sizes and colors, and I've stuck with this brand because the bands have always looked great and held up well. I pair it with a Hadley-Roma deployant clasp and have gotten years out of a single band. A little leather conditioner, cream, and polish goes a long way, and a clasp is a MUST.
review imagereview imagereview image
on June 16, 2017
Update: The inside of the band has cracked like a cheap belt after five months. The inside appears to be made of a plastic backing with a thin layer of leather-like substance glued to the top. I've bought better watch bands for $5 at the discount store.

This is my second Hadley-Roma watch band of this style the first one looked nice and was quite durable. Usually I have to throw away leather watch bands for my watch after about a year because they break in some way. I finally bought a new one of this model after about two years, it was because it was starting to look worn out instead of because it was broken.

This new one appears to be of similar quality. I'm very satisfied with this purchase.
on August 15, 2015
The watch band is very attractive looking, but it suffers from a fatal design flaw that limits its usable life. If you look in the picture, you'll see two loops through which the remainder of the watch band must pass. Unfortunately, one of those loops is permanently fastened. This makes the band nearly impossible to fasten, because you must bend the strap very tightly while pressing it down to prevent the metal catch from slipping out of the hole. (Most of the time, it jumps out anyway.)

What makes this design particularly problematic is that by repeatedly putting such a tight bend into the watch band, you inevitably cause it to break much sooner than it otherwise would. This watch band lasted almost exactly one year before the bottom part of the leather split all the way through, making the band even harder to fasten and uncomfortable on my wrist. To put that in perspective, the factory watch band lasted for three years (with the same pattern of use), and would have lasted even longer had I noticed the glue failing on the little loop in time to reglue it before the leather tore.

In short, I would not recommend this band as designed. However, if you decide to buy it anyway, you should take a pair of scissors, cut the fixed loop from the band, and pull it out. This watch band would probably be a good buy if they hadn't introduced that unnecessary bit of extra leather. It gets in the way and shortens the life of the product dramatically for no good reason.
review image
on September 16, 2014
Update: after about 15 months of constant wear, one of the loops that holds the end of the watch strap finally broke... I liked the band so much that I ordered the same band as a replacement. I wear this watch constantly - 15+ hours a day most days and the band help up very well over all that time.

Original review: The leather band on my Timex was starting to fall apart, so I needed to get a replacement. I took a look at the bands available in several local stores but didn't see anything I liked, so I decided to look online. After reading reviews of several different watch bands from different manufacturers I decided to give this one a try. I have only had it for a few days so I can't speak to how well it will hold up over time, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

The package contains only the watch strap; no pins are included. This was expected, and is important to make note of: you must either purchase new pins, or reuse the pins from the strap being replaced, which is what I did. Replacing the strap was very straightforward; I recommend having a small, thin-bladed, flat-edge screwdriver to help with removing the existing one and putting the new one in place.

It is a nice looking strap - the pictures of the strap on Amazon are accurate.

I have seen some reviews of other replacement watch straps that talk about the material being too stiff/unyielding; that is not the case with this one. The leather is soft without being too "floppy" and fits comfortably around my wrist (which is about 8.5 inches around). If you have a larger wrist you may find this band to be too short, but it fits me just fine.
on February 11, 2016
I have purchased a few of these watchbands as replacements for the original bands my Wenger / Swiss Army watches. The width (22 mm) was accurate and the padded leather band is of similar quality to the original. I replaced the fastener with the original Swiss Army branded clasp. The only problem I've had with these is getting the length right. This one is a bit short - I'm on the last notch. Should have ordered the longer version but the last time I did that it ended up too long. All in all an attractive band that accents a Swiss Army watch nicely. Comfortable to wear and lasts a long time. One caution. These bands darken over time with exposure to water, sweat. dirt, oil and grease, etc. I usually replace them when they start looking pretty bad which doesn't take me that long since I wear them outside hunting, fishing, rafting, wood cutting, etc. They last a lot longer when worn indoors. I took off one star because of sizing issues. They are either tool long or too short for me. They are also a bit expensive for what they are.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 6, 2016
I love this watch band. It's the nicest strap I own. The craftsmanship and value is great. I'm most certainly going to purchase my future watch straps from Hadley Roma.

I have NOT received this product for free or a discount. I paid for this out of my own pocket, so my opinions are not biased like other amazon full-time reviewers.

[Review Update]

I had to knock off a star from 5 to 4 stars. I noticed the side edge of the strap starts to peel after some wear. Amazon is replacing this with a new one. Hopefully it was just that strap. Will update again in a couple of weeks.
on July 6, 2016
I just installed this band yesterday as a replacement for the original band that came with my Citizen. So far so good. Looks great, didn't get soaked while I was doing dishes, and appears to be solid quality. It is a bit smaller than my original band, and my wrists aren't that big, so it may be a bit small for larger wristed people.