- File Size: 33564 KB
- Print Length: 496 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0672338521
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Up to 5 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Publisher: Sams Publishing; 1 edition (April 7, 2017)
- Publication Date: April 7, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B06XYM3XH4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #213,852 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Hadoop in 24 Hours, Sams Teach Yourself 1st Edition, Kindle Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Author did great job to organize the contents and keeping chapters focused on key components of Hadoop with good exercises.
Don't get me wrong, it's nicely written, clear and to the point, but it's much more about "what can be done on Hadoop" than "this is how you can get it done on Hadoop". Yes there are examples, but so basic I would not even call them toy examples. I actually love books that start from the abc, but not the ones that stop there..
Maybe a reasonable use case for this book is for a non technical person who needs a "I need to know what are we talking about" kind of overview. For technical people you can save the intro chapters on Hive and Pig, but there's not much else of real value. Pity, because I really like the author's style..
I don 't even know if writing a really useful book on Hadoop is even possible, given that it would turn out to be about 1500 pages..Maybe a "learning path" made by a sequence of a few books specializing on each of its most fundamental components would be a good idea..
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases & Big Data > Data Mining
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Cloud Computing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computers & Technology > Databases
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computers & Technology > Tech Culture & Computer Literacy