Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,861 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,940 reviews
on July 25, 2012
I'm a big guy, 42/44 waist. It's difficult to find a pair of pants that give me room to move around without feeling like I'm going to split my seat if I squat down to tie my shoelaces. Several years ago, the trend seemed to be moving towards "relaxed" fit, and it was nice... plenty of room in the seat and thighs, but not so much as to make it look like a clown suit. Now, with all the straight-leg and skinny-fit pants, I was ready to switch to wearing a kilt but I could never figure out what I was supposed to wear underneath.

I digress. These pants fit me great. Not only is the fit great, but I really like the fabric - they are indeed "cool" pants. Given my bulk, one would assume that I would be a big fan of adjustable waistbands. To be honest, I really don't care for them... they can be bulky and more often than not I find that they encourage my pants to fall down (even with a belt!). These slacks do have an adjustable waistband, but it's not as bad as other pants that I've owned. In my perfect world, they would make a version of these exact pants with a fixed (?) waistband, but they don't and the positives of these pants far outweigh the not-so-bad-but-still-adjustable waistband.

I've had one pair of these pants for several months and it has held up well in the wash and so far hasn't needed ironing. I would say that these pants very appropriate for a business-casual work environment (w/ shirt & tie, or button down, or polo shirt). I don't know if I'd wear them out to the bar on a Friday night the same way I would a pair of 100% cotton khakis, but that's just me.

Anyway, if you're on the stout side and you're looking for some versatile, comfortable, and affordable pants, I suggest you consider Haggar Cool 18.
66 comments| 162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2014
The quality in these pants has greatly declined. I've purchased and worn these same pairs of pants for my job for years.

The reason these were so great is because with larger athletic legs it is difficult to find a pair of pants that will fit correctly and be somewhat cool to work in actively. That has all changed now.

1:The pants are much tighter around the thighs. Uncomfortably too tight.

2:The fabric has now changed. A much cheaper material than what Haggar previous used for these pants.

3:The pockets are shorter. This becomes a problem when you try to hold a cell phone and a wallet in your pockets as it is already tight around that area and without the longer pockets it becomes even tighter.

4:Within two weeks of wearing these, a belt loop has already broken. I use a carribeaner with many keys on it for my job and regularly have to take them on and off the belt loop. After years of doing this, this is the first pair of pants I've had, that have had a belt loop break, and it only took two weeks.

The difference is so stark that I went and double/triple check my old pairs to the new ones. They have the exact same UPC code and are the exact same size.

Unfortunately what used to be a wonderful pair of pants is now no better than something you can take off the shelf at Wal Mart. Very disappointing.
on May 11, 2016
The almost perfect pant. They have one flaw, but it's a big one. These pants attract lint like it's their job.
review image review image
on April 5, 2015
This review is for Haggar Men's Cool 18 Expandable waist. First thing if you own animals kept inside the home, don't buy this pant model, will explain later. If you like pants that will not attract lint, don't buy this pant model. If you playing with magnets than this pant is for you.

I bought five of these pants, different color, for the office since I move from working outdoors to indoors. First, the pant's cloth is very soft and pleasant on the skin. Second, they will keep you comfortable is hot weather, I live in S. Florida, it is March and the temperature is already in the 90's. These are the good things about this mode.

Cons: The belt loops on the side are place right were the elastic band stretches, so you are bound to get the belt in this pocket. Also, the belt loop are look flimsy, don't expect to last as long as my other Haggard. The inseam rise up and looks like a wave starting to crest. The zipper does not go down far enough for an easy getting into, looks like it needs 1 to 2 more inches to make it easy to put on. Finally, these pants attracts lint and animal hair like a magnet. At first I thought it was the dry winter weather and different kinds of cloth I wore. The pants cling to my body like a cat who is about to be given a bath. Due to hot weather in S. Florida I wear under garments to main cool and for hygien reasons. I build so much static my body hair stands up. This static is what attracts all the lint and animal hair. The past 2 months I have been using to lint rollers, one at house, the other inside my car. This fabric is unreal in the way it creates static. Sorry, but I can't recommend this pant.
on February 17, 2017
This line of pant is made in several Asian markets (Cambodia and Bangladesh ), and the sizing varies, as does the tailoring of the pant. You must try these on and do not assume that product within the same order are, in fact, the same pant.
on February 8, 2016
I have been searching for a polyester, white pant for a long time. I am headed out on a cruise in a couple of weeks and wanted them to wear with a linen sport coat, for the dressier evenings. These pants are perfect and were a perfect fit.They are very comfortable. I did not give it 5 stars because of the problem below.

The one problem I am having with the pants is the waist button, that is the fastener for the pants. Either the button hole is too small or the button too big, or maybe because there is so much fabric, right there, but whatever the reason, it is very difficult to unbutton the pants. When I tried them on, I was afraid that I would never get them off. I have worked the button in and out a lot and it is better now. Just be sure to check getting the button in and out of the hole before you put them on.
on July 8, 2014
I work out regularly and have a 32 waist, but my lower body is pretty well-built. These pants have plenty of room to accommodate me. One thing that's interesting that they vary in size depending on where they were made. The top one was made in Bangladesh, and its waist is about 2" larger than the bottom one made in Cambodia. You can also see that the labels are totally different. I prefer the bottom one.
review image
on June 28, 2017
These pants fit pretty well. I just bought them and I've only worn them once. The crotch seems a bit long, but my package has plenty of room so I'm not complaining. The length is exactly as I ordered and the color is a tad bit lighter that what was shown on the listing, (possibly because of the computer) which is also exactly what I wanted; not a dark grey, but darker than a heather grey. Of course, I like the expandable waist band. That extra couple of inches of give is definitely a plus. I'm happy with them.
on April 22, 2017
These are awesome for me. I'm always gaining a bit of weight, then losing it only to gain it back again... the expandable waste ensures that they always fit great. I really love them. Also, after several washes so far, they are retaining their dark color and crisp shape... I should note that I wash almost everything on delicate in cold water.. but nonetheless, these continue to look good and feel comfortable.
on May 2, 2015
My husband has several Haggar brand slacks that fit him great but some colors needed replacing due to wear. I've ordered 3-different Haggar brand slacks and none of them have the full rise or long rise the older Haggar slacks had. And so all I've ordered are short crouched and too tight in the rear. He likes the drape of the double pleat in front, the pant to sit at the waist, and does NOT like the backside to ride up his crack "like a girl" he says. So all 3-pair are being returned. If Haggar ever repeats the older cut, we're in for ordering as Haggar does make a quality product. I'll give them 1-star for material and sewing quality.
Where are the long rise slacks for men???