Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,234 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,336 reviews
on November 28, 2015
My husband wanted to see if Haggar has fixed the widely reported problem in other reviews here on Amazon -- i.e. that the pant hems fray quickly. IT'S STILL A PROBLEM. Although the pant is a good comfortable fit, and the correct length for him, the pant hems have begun to fray AFTER WEARING THEM FEWER THAN 10 TIMES. Unbelievable. Photo attached.
review image
33 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2014
I own about a dozen of these pants which I first discovered at Kohl's a few years ago. These are the only pants I purchase now (other than suit pants) as they look good for casual and business casual settings and look fine with a sports jacket or blazer.

Size: I normally wear 33x34 in jeans, however with this brand of slacks, I'm at 34x30 with the hems hanging just 1/2 inch above the heel of my shoes which have a 1 inch heel. I'm 6' tall @ 190 lbs.

Pocket Size: Shallow pockets on pants annoy me, this is not the case with these.

Color: The box stores only carry a few color options, so Amazon was the best option for variety for me. The only color that was a bit different than expected was the "Graphite" color. I was expecting to get a dark gray which turned out to be dark gray/blue. The color has held up well to over a dozen dry cleans and even additional washes (I dry clean my newer pairs and wash my older).

Zipper / Button / Belt Loops: No snags yet with any of my pant zippers. They are "Ideal" metal zippers. The waist button is plastic, matches the rear pocket button and is otherwise not noteworthy. The belt loops are narrow however are stitched quite well, I wear a wide belt with these and have never had an issue or one break on me.

Center Pleat: A word of caution in this regard. It maybe my dry cleaners but they seem to like to crease them at a slightly different location. I'm not sure if this is because they naturally want to pleat differently or if it's because of careless dry cleaners. Either way, it's happened to at least 2 pairs of mine already which creates a double pleat look...ie. they're no longer my "good" pairs.

Durability: The other reviews mention the tendency of the hems to fray in a short amount of time. Well, yes they do fray, however the time in which they do in my opinion is acceptable for a $35.00 pair of pants. When dry cleaned only, I get about 12 cleans out of them before the hems begin to wear. So, if rotated with other pants, this can be about a years worth. Machine washing is a different story, they begin fraying after the 3rd or 4th wash and of course this leads to fading prematurely as well. For me and my usage, I get about a year of business casual use and about another year of casual use out of them.

Overall, they are comfortable, fit and look well and have become my choice beating out dockers hands down.
on October 26, 2016
Shipped fast, fit the way I expected.
The expandability thing is great for some of us that seem to change our waist size slightly over the seasons. The pleats work great if you're not rocking the 6-pack abs, helps normalize the overall look for you.
The leg looks like a straight cut and less than a boot cut...but on the other hand, there's a little room at the bottom of the pant-leg, enough to carry a G43 easily.

Update - 9 months after
Still wearing them in the rotation for work wear. I work in an office and sit at a computer. They do start to fray at the bottom of the pant leg, I'll probably retire these soon. But I'm not sure if I'll rebuy them if I only get 9 months of use (and not even close to daily use).
on May 17, 2016
Once again, Haggar has failed to deliver consistently manufactured pants. This time from Bangladesh. I knew as soon as I saw the "Manufactured in" label there would be a problem. Instead of "Classic fit" khakis I got slim fit low rise. Having a bit of manufacturing experience my guess would be that someone decided if we make them low rise with slim legs we can save on fabric. You would think that a manufacturer with as much brand recognition as Haggar they could standardize the manufacturing process and use templates worldwide.
on May 2, 2014
These slacks feel great and look great. Very comfortable soft material. I wish the butt was slightly more tailored but they really are a good fit for off-the shelf regular fit pants. I wish they had the same style and colors in a cuffed version. There are some nice cuffed pants but you either pay through the nose or cant get them in a simple gray. I like the pleats on these, the standard 3 pleats getting smaller from front to side/back. I washed them once and they still feel great and took minimal iron after leaving in the dryer. I guess if was quick to remove them from dryer and hang them while warm, I wouldn't even need to iron. But the ironing I did do was very quick. While wearing them, they never seem to be wrinkled. I dripped some coffee and quickly wiped it away, the material seemed to repel the liquid easily. I don't know what would happen if you let it sit. I saw no stain in the dark grey version. Very happy and will probably buy other colors.
on April 1, 2017
These fit well, but I always try one sample first to check the important dimension not stated, the length from top to bottom. That determines whether I will trip over the cuffs, or maybe have them too high from the floor. I know that my size requires a total length of about 40 inches. That will require different inseam measurements for different waist measurements. Why isn't this dimension stated in the product listing? It would save me a step, since I could order several pairs without trying that first one!
on December 22, 2015
The gusset-to-waistband distance IS NOT as shown in the picture at the top of this page. These are very low-riding pants, and even pulling them up to the natural "lower" waist at the hips felt like I was being given a "wedgie."
I compared these to a pair of khakis I've had for a while, and they're more than 2" shorter in the "button to gusset" length.
I guess if you have a naturally low waist, these might be fine for you, but they're not a bit comfortable for me. I wouldn't even be able to wear them a couple hours a week to go to church.

I guess some things just shouldn't be bought over the internet...like pants.
review image
on July 11, 2017
For the past 6 years I have sworn by Haggar WTW pants; however, I can no longer recommend them. I have only purchased 6 pairs of pants during that time span and all except one pair has lasted, only needing to be replaced due to color fading over time. The most recent pair was purchased last month and just over a month later they are already fraying. There's no warranty and no guarantee that the pants will last because they are clothing, but to last one month is simply unacceptable. Based on the craftsmanship, I've given these one star; however, I have reached out to Haggar Customer Support and will update if they respond.
on January 17, 2012

These Haggar slacks are the most comfortable slacks I have. Yes, a previous pair of slacks began to fray at the bottom of each leg, but I had worn them for years, very frequently, and worked outside with them. They are my favorite slacks. They are slow to wrinkle and don't need ironing after being washed.

Update: Although the slacks are generally tough and durable, the exception is the bottom of each leg, which begins to show signs of fraying after only a few months. This is a disappointment for me.
on November 18, 2014
I was really impressed. Since there is some hidden elastic in the sides (which doesn't show at all or pucker anything) the pants stary flat in the back and don't gap at all. The belt line is smooth and elegant, better than a lot of really expensive trousers. The measurements are accurate, the "stride" is generous without being droopy. These are just really great trousers.

What was absolutely the MOST amazing thing. I put them in the dryer on low till they are almost dry, hang them up by the cuffs on a skirt hanger (with the clips) and they look like they've been pressed. Absolutely amazing fabric.