Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,188 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,286 reviews
on November 28, 2015
My husband wanted to see if Haggar has fixed the widely reported problem in other reviews here on Amazon -- i.e. that the pant hems fray quickly. IT'S STILL A PROBLEM. Although the pant is a good comfortable fit, and the correct length for him, the pant hems have begun to fray AFTER WEARING THEM FEWER THAN 10 TIMES. Unbelievable. Photo attached.
review image
33 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2017
I have been purchasing these pants for more than 5 years. They are comfortable and look great after washing. I wash on the "Hand Wash" cycle with my shirts, dry them on high, take them out of the dryer immediately after they have completed the drying cycle and hang them up on pants hangers. They always come out with minimum wrinkles which disappear after wearing for an hour or so. If I forget them in the dryer for a couple of hours, they will be wrinkled, but then I just run them again in the dryer on the wrinkle remove cycle and they are fine.
on January 23, 2017
My husband found these pants in denim at a department store and has stuck with them throughout the years. We were very excited to find the same pants (in various colors) on Amazon for almost half the price. I bought him a pair in khaki, black, and denim to replace some of his old work pants. The Denim fit just as he expected them too. However, both the khaki and the black are too small in the groin. I'm very sad because I wanted him to have some comfortable pants in khaki and black to wear to work. Since the pants fit everywhere else I'm not sure that a larger size would fix the problem.
on August 16, 2016
I purchased these Haggar pants in December 2015. Eight months later this is still my favored pair of work pants. I wear them at least one time per week, every week.

As far as durability, I haven't seen the fray in the seams or at the bottom of the pants leg that others have reported in reviews. During a work day, I have no worry of ripping or tearing these pants. These feel like they won't tear as easy as the expensive dress pants. Being a reasonable price, getting them a bit dirty isn't as big deal, especially considering I could have spilled coffee on some other pants with the matching jacket. These pants go into the washer about once every two weeks, depending on the times I wear them in the week or if I spill something on them.

As far as features, the crease in the leg is permanent and looks nice, even 8 months later. The button for the pants is still in good shape. Belt loops are doing just fine.

I intend to buy another pair of these pants in the coming months and retiring one of my others.
on March 21, 2017
The fit and quality are very good. But it is just insane how badly they attract lint. Even after washing they came out of the dryer covered in lint and hair. I cleaned them of with a lint brush but by the time I got to work they were covered again. My other black pants collect lint too, of course, but not so much that they are unwearable at work. Unless I get a job in a clean-room somewhere these are going to be useless to me.
on January 31, 2017
My son wears these to work part-time at Walmart. They are comfortable and easy to wash and care for. They look presentable. They last about four months. After that the hems start getting ragged (they have been hemmed to the correct length-no dragging on the floor). Then the knees start wearing through because he has to squat down to get things off a lower shelf. This seems to be the standard these days-cheap fabric.
on August 17, 2014
I own about a dozen of these pants which I first discovered at Kohl's a few years ago. These are the only pants I purchase now (other than suit pants) as they look good for casual and business casual settings and look fine with a sports jacket or blazer.

Size: I normally wear 33x34 in jeans, however with this brand of slacks, I'm at 34x30 with the hems hanging just 1/2 inch above the heel of my shoes which have a 1 inch heel. I'm 6' tall @ 190 lbs.

Pocket Size: Shallow pockets on pants annoy me, this is not the case with these.

Color: The box stores only carry a few color options, so Amazon was the best option for variety for me. The only color that was a bit different than expected was the "Graphite" color. I was expecting to get a dark gray which turned out to be dark gray/blue. The color has held up well to over a dozen dry cleans and even additional washes (I dry clean my newer pairs and wash my older).

Zipper / Button / Belt Loops: No snags yet with any of my pant zippers. They are "Ideal" metal zippers. The waist button is plastic, matches the rear pocket button and is otherwise not noteworthy. The belt loops are narrow however are stitched quite well, I wear a wide belt with these and have never had an issue or one break on me.

Center Pleat: A word of caution in this regard. It maybe my dry cleaners but they seem to like to crease them at a slightly different location. I'm not sure if this is because they naturally want to pleat differently or if it's because of careless dry cleaners. Either way, it's happened to at least 2 pairs of mine already which creates a double pleat look...ie. they're no longer my "good" pairs.

Durability: The other reviews mention the tendency of the hems to fray in a short amount of time. Well, yes they do fray, however the time in which they do in my opinion is acceptable for a $35.00 pair of pants. When dry cleaned only, I get about 12 cleans out of them before the hems begin to wear. So, if rotated with other pants, this can be about a years worth. Machine washing is a different story, they begin fraying after the 3rd or 4th wash and of course this leads to fading prematurely as well. For me and my usage, I get about a year of business casual use and about another year of casual use out of them.

Overall, they are comfortable, fit and look well and have become my choice beating out dockers hands down.
on July 18, 2017
IF you are a lean 38 waist and need no stretch, these will be fine. If you are a bit bigger, they will still fit more comfortably than a non-stretch. Otherwise, get the 40.

Fits well in all other ways. Length is accurate.

Good quality fabric, and resistant to wrinkling.

My only problem was the buttonhole on the front. It was so narrow that it BARELY allowed the pants to be buttoned when trying them on, and it was even more difficult to unbutton them. On inspection, it appeared to be over-sewn, so I used a pocketknife to open it up by 1/8" (still leaving the stitching around the buttonhole mostly intact).
on October 26, 2016
Shipped fast, fit the way I expected.
The expandability thing is great for some of us that seem to change our waist size slightly over the seasons. The pleats work great if you're not rocking the 6-pack abs, helps normalize the overall look for you.
The leg looks like a straight cut and less than a boot cut...but on the other hand, there's a little room at the bottom of the pant-leg, enough to carry a G43 easily.

Update - 9 months after
Still wearing them in the rotation for work wear. I work in an office and sit at a computer. They do start to fray at the bottom of the pant leg, I'll probably retire these soon. But I'm not sure if I'll rebuy them if I only get 9 months of use (and not even close to daily use).
on May 17, 2016
Once again, Haggar has failed to deliver consistently manufactured pants. This time from Bangladesh. I knew as soon as I saw the "Manufactured in" label there would be a problem. Instead of "Classic fit" khakis I got slim fit low rise. Having a bit of manufacturing experience my guess would be that someone decided if we make them low rise with slim legs we can save on fabric. You would think that a manufacturer with as much brand recognition as Haggar they could standardize the manufacturing process and use templates worldwide.