Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 21 reviews
on April 2, 2014
I love this tv, don't get me wrong. Has great video and looks super. I only have two complaints (so far). First, I understand that with these flat panel displays it's challenging for manufacturers to find a place to put the speakers. Best I can tell they have them pointing directly down from the plastic panel. Unfortunately if you have the TV in say, an old-style entertainment stand, this causes a really tinny echoy sound.

I hooked a couple of PC speakers to the headset port and improved the TVs sound dramatically. But for what you pay for an HDTV, you shouldn't have to do this.

Second, Haier is offering a discount on a Roku Streaming Stick as a promotion. I'd like to point out this is slightly misleading. The $10 discount is ONLY applicable to the Streaming Stick for MHL - which is some sort of funky mobile version of HDMI. Technically this is nice because MHL carries power so you don't need to hook it up to USB for power.

My two problems with this is that first, the MHL streaming stick costs $69, not the $49 of the regular streaming stick - so you're actually not saving money. Even after the $10 discount you're still spending more. Second, if you have another TV that doesn't have this funky new port that no one's ever heard of, well, you're out of luck. Your fancy Roku won't work with it. This coupon code is ONLY applicable to the MHL version so don't be fooled - make sure you know what you're getting if you choose to take advantage of it.

If the sound was a teensy bit better and the streaming stick discount was applicable to ANY roku purchase, this would be five stars for sure.

Edit 4/3/14:
By the way if you bought this TV and the sound changes unexpectedly, check the audio menu and check to see if "Auto Volume" is on. If it is, turn it off. This should fix your sound issue.
on July 24, 2014
I shopped around for a while on the Internet before finally deciding to get this TV. I don't regret my purchase at all. It's a great TV for the price. It looks great. I love the small bezel and how thin it is. It also has 3 hdmi, a headphone jack, and an vga port so there is plenty of room to plug in all of your devices.

The cons:
The sound on the TV is not very good. It's pretty tinny. You can adjust the settings and make it sound a little better. With these thin TVs I guess there's not really room for decent speakers. I'm sure if you care that much about the sound though you already have a theater system.

The only other thing I don't like is that changing the channel is very clunky. If you ever have to use the built in tuner on the TV it is very difficult to flip the channels like we all like to do. It takes about 2 seconds to change channels. When you change it, a big ugly blue screen comes on for 2 seconds and then it changes. It is really annoying. If you have a set top box for you cable or satellite, then it's something you don't have to worry about.
on February 26, 2014
At $299 this tv amazing. The picture is superb and it was extremely simple to set up. Basically ready right out of the box. We will probably end up getting a different surround sound or audio bar so the audio quality can match the visual. Overall I am pleased with our purchase. Shipping was extremely quick. 3 business days and it was at my door.
on October 31, 2014
Picture is clear and sound is good. Worth the money spent.

Remote needs improvement. But i have a remote with my cable which operates tv.

Not able to play video through USB. Only pictures and music. :(
on June 21, 2014
A very nice TV. The picture is very good, some very minor trails with rapid movement on screen, but you have to be really picky to call it a problem. The sound needed some work, it was a bit tinny as recieved, but some fiddling with the audio settings made it better. Really like the 3 HDMI ports - cable, blueray player, and Amazon Fire TV. Also, this TV is very light weight - probably about 15 pounds.
Overall, I am glad I bought this to update our primary TV.
on April 16, 2014
Saw this advertised on Amazon at a good price, plus a discount for purchasing an Amazon credit card. I purchased it. Had no trouble setting it up and programming it. Picture is awesome! Clear and stunning. Would definitely recommend.
on November 17, 2015
Terrific HD TV quality with lots of inputs including 3 HDMI & USB. Beautiful picture but poor sound quality. You really need to use a stereo or 5.1 to get full enjoyment.
on March 9, 2014
shipping is good and tv is awesome especially under this price. If it can come with a cable that wil be better.
on July 6, 2014
Size is not always all, I bought this TV because it seemed like a good choice 39" for just 300$, image quality is OK! And It comes with a lot of options to connect different devices 3 HDMI ports, 2 USB, 1VGA among others. BUT sound quality is the worst of all! The remote control doesn't feel right, seems like it was made really poor quality! It says "Roku Ready" but with other HDMI stick devices the performance it's awful. For example my chromecast. Every time I tried to stream something the connection just get off and I have to select the correct HDMI port again, it's really annoying. The first HDMI port, next to the AC adapter it's pretty much useless since the position that has and the shape of the TV doesn't leave to much space to connect a HDMI cable
on January 29, 2016