Haier HPIMD25B Single Glass Ice Dispenser
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Black ABS body
- Soft touch electronic controls
- Ice cube size, power on/off, ice full and add water indicator lights
- Night dispenser light
- Accommodates glasses up to 7-inch tall
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
You would think an icemaker with a dispenser would keep your ice frozen until it can be dispensed and then it would dispense it quickly. In the case of this machine, you'd be wrong.
It doesn't keep your ice frozen. The ice is always wet, so if you put it into the freezer to save it for later use (which you would need to do if you want more than a half a pound of it) it freezes into one chunk of ice. The ice is melting when it's dispensed and does not last very long in drinks, so it dilutes your drinks faster than it cools them. It drops ice onto the floor all the time, which I hate, but the dog loves. It's noisy.
I got this because it dispensed the ice so you didn't have to scoop it. Yeah, if you have a few minutes. The dispenser takes so long to dispense ice that it's unsuitable for frequent use, like multiple people or a party. The bin doesn't hold much ice (about a liter).
The ice didn't taste bad to me because I used filtered water. This thing is kinda loud.
Be forewarned if you return it, it will cost you more than 20 bucks. It's not defective, it just sucks.
Now my new, beautiful ice maker sits on my counter as a conversation piece. I haven't turned it on in weeks and I never leave it on at night unless I want to wake the dead! So I guess you get what you pay for. I'm sure there are other, more expensive ice makers out there that do a better job but I'm keeping this one. Not because I like it but because I'm too lazy to send it back. And, it will come in handy for parties as a second source of ice and because it's so good looking!!
At first I was pleasantly surprised at how fast I heard ice falling out of the trays. It only took about 15 minutes. When I tried to get the ice out of the machine two things were immediately obvious:
1. I had to stand there for about a full minute for the ice to come out.
2. The ice cubes are pretty tiny, but I guess that's how they are frozen so fast.
I was certain that once the machine filled up with a few batches of ice then I wouldn't have to stand there for so long. I was wrong.
I'm droning on so I'll break it down. After a week I returned this ice maker. There are several reasons for this return:
1. The two reasons I mentioned above.
2. Several minutes after ice was dispensed and I was sitting on my couch I'd hear one or more ice cubes fall out of the machine onto my counter, and occasionally onto the floor making a mess.
3. The bin that stores the ice isn't really insulated, so the ice keeps melting causing the need to make new ice.
4. The bin that stores the ice almost never fills up. When it says it's full usually the ice is built up on one side which seems to fool the machine into thinking it's full.
5. The arm that pushes the ice from the tray into the bin would occasionally get stuck on a piece of ice and either stop dumping ice into the bin or repeatedly cycle back and forth (not sure if I really said that the way I meant it).
6.Read more ›
Called customer service and they don't have a trouble shooting department or any record of this occurring. They have a lengthy return process that will end up costing you more than the unit is worth.
Avoid buying this product.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Barely makes a full glass of ice, and very loud. We ended up returningPublished 22 months ago by Rebecca Lewis
Longterm use report. After living with three units over 2 yrs or so, here's the summary. I had one unit fail after a shortage. Made terrible noises whle running. Read morePublished 23 months ago by CONSUMER Advocate
It sucks broke in a wk and I didn't have the box to return it. Don't even bother buying itPublished on July 20, 2013 by Jesse72976
Not only did this unit make a tremendous amount of noise 24/7, but it also completely stopped working just a few months after the warranty expired. Read morePublished on June 10, 2013 by Amazon Customer
Works better with bottled water than tap water, keeps up with the amount of ice that I use. If you use tap water the ice tastes funny and sometimes it shoots ice onto the floor... Read morePublished on March 18, 2013 by Eilene
This is without a doubt the worst product I have ever owned.The ice was never really frozen so it would melt within a couple of minutes of being put in your drink. Read morePublished on February 28, 2013 by Lori Oui