Haier HPN12XCM Portable Air Conditioner, 12000-BTU
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Cools rooms 350-525 sq. ft.
- Full Function Remote
- Time/Temperature Display
- Digital Temperature Adjust
- 3 Cooling/3 Fan Speeds
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the manufacturer
Haier HPN12XCM Portable Air Conditioner, 12000-BTU
3 Cool / Fan Speeds - Multiple speeds for personalized comfort.
Cool, Fan and Dehumidify Modes - Cool the room, heat the room, circulate the air or reduce humidity all in one unit.
24 Hr Timer - Program the unit to turn on or off at anytime between 1 and 24 hours.
Full Function Remote - Control your comfort from anywhere in the room.
Air Discharge - Top
- Carton dimensions: 18.7 width x 17.8 depth x 34.3 depth.
- Window dimensions: 5" height minimum; 20" width maximum x 46" width minimum.
- Exhaust hose length: 5.0 m
- Extended length window kit: 46"
|Voltage Frequency||115 V|
|Plug Capacity||125 V / 15 A|
|Plug Type||A / 5-15P|
|Power Cord Length||6'|
|Digital Time Temp Display||✓|
|Filter Type||Permanent Mesh|
|Filter Access||Permanent Mesh|
|On Off Timer 24 Hour||✓|
|Lcdi Afci Power Cord||✓|
|Window Exhaust Kit||✓|
This 12,000-BTU portable air conditioner is ideal for spot cooling mid-sized rooms up to 450 square feet. With three cool settings, three fan settings, a 24-hour on/off timer and dehumidify mode, this single-hose model is equipped to meet your interior climate needs. A Quick-Install Window Kit is included for exhausting the unit through any horizontal or vertical opening window and fully directional casters provide mobility. Maintenance is minimal with a slide-out washable mesh filter and Auto Evaporation Technology makes manual draining unnecessary.
Top Customer Reviews
This model is not expensive (compared to others)
Remote control with three-fan speeds - allows for adjustment without actually getting out of bed
Sturdy plastic window insert (not the flimsy, easily broken ones I've seen on others)
Easily mobile with 4 wheels
Self-contained cooling (doesn't need a drip pan for the A/C)
Easily accessible/cleaned filter
Flexible, compressible but very extendable/long hose
It is rather loud - one can get used to it as 'white noise', but it will take a few nights. And it does wake me up when it switches between fan and A/C when it auto-senses the room temperature.
It is heavy - taking it up and downstairs will be a challenge even with help. And once used as an A/C, you will need to drain the water out of it if you want to move it where you have to tip it at at angle. Otherwise, you will have one heck of a puddle on your carpet.
The outflow grill is manually operated (I've seen some that are remote controlled) - so if you get it wrong and lay down, you'll have to get up and try again.
It takes a while, even at 12,000 BTU, to cool even a bedroom down (granted, mine is upstairs with two exterior west/south facing walls)
You have to remember a drip pan if you want to use the dehumidifier
Expect your energy bill to go up
All in all, between the pros and cons, I am happy with this purchase. It was heavy and I needed help getting up the stairs. Luckily - I never intended for it to move around from room to room. I can't say how effectively it would work to cool an entire house, and I would never recommend ever leaving anything running all day unattended. But if you are considering a light-use A/C portable unit, you would do well to consider reviewing this one.
- DUAL hose design, allowing it to exhaust hot, humid air and pull in cool outside air
- 14,000 BTU rating, can quickly cool a HUGE room without effort
- EVAPORATIVE COOLING; this is the big one; no more overflowing water tank or having the unit shut off due to overflow, this model expels all its moisture through the exhaust on its own!
- Full function remote and convenient, informative LCD screen
- Customizable timer settings, 3 fan levels, and multiple modes to control dehumidifier/AC/fan settings
- Easily removable air filter
Some [minor] Cons:
- size; I understand it's a 14k BTU, dual hose, evap cooling design, but this thing is BIG. Make sure you have enough room to fit it.
- price; you pay for what you get, and unfortunately, this Haier's price matches its features.
- the audible confirmation BEEP when you turn the unit on/off, change the fan or mode, is pretty loud; I wish it could be disabled
- AC on/off cycle time; obviously the unit makes a noise when the compressor kicks on, I just wish it had a bit more hysteresis while trying to maintain a constant temp. For example, if the temp is set to 75F, it will cool the room to ~74F, shut off, room temp will creep up to 76F, then it will kick on again. This seems to happen fairly frequently, so it would've been nice if the hysteresis was something like 4 degrees F, OR was adjustable.
This is the second Haier we've purchased and we couldnt be happier! Our first one has been used for 4-5 summers and has proved to be physically durable and mechanically reliable. We purchased a second for our second kid's room. All in all, 4.8/5 stars.
Besides that, this thing is a beast. It cools down my office (standard bedroom size) in about 2-4 minutes, and is easily able to keep it at around 72-74f even in the hottest and most humid parts of the day (NE so it gets up to around upper 90s and up to 90% humidity). As long as it continues to work well for the next couple of years, this thing will have been a great buy!
*UPDATE* I have had this a few months now and we have reached 95% humidity more than once and 95f+. This A/C has kept up PERFECTLY keeping my room within +-2 degrees of my set temp, and I have not had to empty the water bin even once. Will update if this changes.