Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hail to the King
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 7, 2010
Warning: If you are after a plain 'Popular' worship CD with all the hits on it, do NOT get this CD - get either Ultimate Worship (Vol. 1) or This Is Our God. If you want stg different however, then read on...

In LoTR, Tolkien describes how different languages spring from different cultures (e.g. smooth speech from the peaceful lands of the Elves and guttural, shrill tones from Mordor). The same can be said of ordinary Hillsong compared to this; ordinary Hillsong is great, but some of it can be hard to relate to as it comes from the other side of the world...

This CD is different though - it has all the hallmarks of Hillsong production, but with a strong ethos of Brit Pop/ Indie. In fact, this is one of the finest British albums I've heard in a while and is exactly what I've been seeking in a Christian album for a while - something that matches Brit Rock with Faith!

The first track is new and refreshing, with a powerful rhythm and compelling lyrics. The title track (2) continues this (although it goes slightly Spinal Tap) when the guitar starts copying 'Swing Low, sweet chariot'!) Tracks 3 and 4 are also interesting and ethos-rich, although it is track 6 that is really interesting. Although I thought track 6 would be just like track 9 on This Is Our God (the beginnings of a song, but nowt else), I was surprised to find a fully fledged song that builds masterfully to its 'Same Power' mantra.

Track 8 and9 are again surprising and interesting, and track 10 is something unusual in Hillsong - a full instrumental! Track 11 and 12 are a good swansong although (as with all Hillsong albums), the final track is disappointing.

Overall, the album is an eclectic mix of Brit Pop-esque Christian songs. Unfortunately, I can't yet describe them as 'Worship music' since the songs have yet to reach that memetic level where the melodies stick in your head for days and days and days...

But, in a way, that's a good thing - these songs are raw, gritty and potent and I'm confident of the fact that British Hillsong will soon leave its cocoon of experimentation, to outshine its own masters...
on December 30, 2009
this is album is decent at best. You Are Here is the highlight track. I prefer the australian hillsong, but i love these guys none the less. they're my brothers and sisters.
on February 8, 2011
This cd was very different from the traditional Hillsong cds I have. I was looking for more of the praise & worship & was a little disappointed after I bought this one. No wonder it was on sale for $8.00 at the Family Christian Bookstore b/c it is definitely not what I expected. I probably listen to 2 songs out of the entire cd. I would prefer to stick with Hillsong United or any of the Ultimate Worship Cds they are great.
on October 9, 2014
Love it!
on July 6, 2016
5 stars
on December 23, 2010
I purchased Music CD and the vendor "Markdownmania" sent a DVD instead.
There are no return instructions posted to return product.
I'm surprised that Amazon does not require vendor to have return policy posted with instructions.
This was a gift for Christmas and now it will be late.
A DVD does me no good.
I hope this vendor makes this purchase right - promptly.
Darlene Reyes