Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $21.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online at www.Asurion.com/Amazon or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
- MORE DETAILS: Additional information about this protection plan is available within the “Product guides and documents” section. Simply click “User Guide” for more info. Asurion will also email your plan confirmation with Terms & Conditions to the address associated with your Amazon account within 24 hours of purchase (if you do not see this email, please check your spam folder). Contact us if you cannot locate your plan confirmation and Terms & Conditions via email at AmazonFeedback@Asurion.com.
Hakko FX888D-23BY, 599B-02 Soldering Station with 599B Tip Cleaner, Blue/Gold
Enhance your purchase
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||9.75 x 7.5 x 9.75 inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Adjustable temperature control range 120Degree - 899Degree f (50Degree - 480Degree c) - shows either degree f or degree c
- Includes t18-d16 1.6Mm chisel tip. Free 599b-02 cleaning wire
- Maintains idle temperature within 1.8Degree f (1Degree c) when set to 400 - 899Degree f (200 - 480Degree c)
- Ceramic heating element and sensor ensures rapid heat-up temperature and fast thermal recovery
- Includes Hakko 599b-02 solder tip cleaning wire and holder
Specifications for this item
|Material||Plastic / Metal|
|Model Number||FX888D-23BY, 599B-02|
|Number of Items||1|
|Part Number||FX888D-23BY, 599B-02|
|Power Source Type||corded-electric|
|Specification Met||Certified Frustration-free|
Customers also search
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 9.75 x 7.5 x 9.75 inches; 4.65 Pounds
- Item model number : FX888D-23BY, 599B-02
- Date First Available : April 5, 2016
- Manufacturer : American Hakko
- ASIN : B01DUPRXCE
- Best Sellers Rank: #194,438 in Industrial & Scientific (See Top 100 in Industrial & Scientific)
- #571 in Soldering Stations
- Customer Reviews:
The Hakko fx-888d is an updated digital version of the popular analog fx-888 and includes several new features. User selectable preset temperatures and digital calibration simplify user setup and operation, and the new password protection and low temperature alarm provides process control and helps protect against cold solder joints. Includes Hakko best selling 599b-02 replacement solder tip cleaning wire sponge.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I wish the manual made this much clearer, but:
TO CHANGE THE TEMPERATURE:
1. Hold the Enter button until the display changes
2. Press "Up" to adjust the first digit
3. Press Enter to validate that digit and adjust the second digit
4. Repeat for the other digits
5. Press Enter at the end
TO CHANGE THE UNIT OF TEMPERATURE:
1. Turn off the station.
2. Press and maintain the "Up" button
3. Turn on the station.
4. Select setting "1" by pressing Enter
5. Press "Up" to switch between °C and °F.
6. Press and hold "Enter"
7. The letter 'y' should appear on the display, press Enter.
I am personally more comfortable with Celsius, but even if you prefer Fahrenheit, it might actually make sense to use Celsius because you'll need to change fewer digits. For instance I switch between 350 and 250 for soldering and cleaning the tip.
The Hakko soldering iron is a great iron and replaces a single temperature "hobby grade" iron I used for many years. Don't know why I waited for as long as I did to buy this iron.
I use the slots in the sponge to store my tips and just use the separate cleaning bin for all my tip cleaning. Just remember to keep your tip ends covered with lead solder when stored away and they'll last you for a longtime.
Wonderful fine tune control... it stores the previous temp.... I love it. Would be 5 stars if I had more runtime on it... I haven't had a chance to put it through its paces.