Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Hakuna Mandala: Creative Coloring for Grown-ups (Complicated Coloring) Paperback – May 18, 2015
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
Everyone who enjoys detailed, whimsical coloring with a hand drawn look, will find a picture they love in this imaginative and artistic book, you will find circular mandala type images with Wolves, Weasels, Knives, Trees, Rocket ships, Leaves, Bunnies & Houses, Hearts, Giraffes, Flowers, Fish, Eyes, Fox, Skyscrapers, Butterflies, Birds, and Geometric shapes.
1. 29 illustrations, each printed twice, once with a black background and once with a white background, giving you 58 total illustrations to color, printed one per page on light weight paper.
2. All markers and some gel pens bleed through the pages, I just place a piece of paper under the page I am coloring to prevent damage to the next page.
3. Most of the images are very intricately detailed so you will want to use colored pencils, gel pens, or ultra fine markers.
4. This book has a tough binding so by bending the book completely backwards and holding it a few seconds it will lie perfectly flat for coloring.
5. To remove the pages from this book, I found that if you flatten the book at the page you want to remove it is much easier to tear the page out, just go slow and steady and the pages come out and this book is wonderful for coloring sessions with my grand children, we can both color the same illustration at the same time.
6. Trivia: Hakuna is a Swahili phrase loosely translated to mean “No Worries” and its use was popularized in a song in the “The Lion King”.
7. The illustrations are all in circular form, centered on each page and most have very small and intricate details so you will want to use colored pencils, ultra fine markers or gel pens.
8. The art style is whimsical with a hand drawn look.
I received a free sample from Antony for evaluation and unbiased review and since I received the book the Lion King song keeps playing in my head, Hakuna, Hakuna.
Each design is provided twice. It appears on a black background with strong edges or on a white background which is with very light edges.
Each design takes a while to complete with all the little patterns within the shape. This is great for relaxing and destressing. I found using colored pencils looks much better than using markers or gel pens.
I absolutely love that with the adult coloring books, there is no right or wrong way to color. I can let my imagination run wild and join colors together on the same page that I would never have used before.
This would make a great gift for anyone in their later teens to an older adult. Gift it by itself or include in a gift basket with other Complicated Coloring adult coloring books.
I received this book for free in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.
I first found out about it when Antony asked in a facebook colouring group what people wanted to see in a colouring book. I'm a ferret lover so I pleaded for ferrets or weasels. A short time later I was tagged in a weasel mandala which I adore.
I love how there are 2 copies of each design. You can colour the greyscale image in a way where you can't see the lines giving it a unique look.
The black background on the alternate heavy versions really make your colours pop . Especially if you use gel pens or markers.
The mandalas in this book are so different to anything I've seen in other mandala books. They aren't all circular, they aren't all simple. Some are peculiar and some are beautiful.
There are a lot of nature designs, which I love.
There is one with insects that's really cute.
Antony definitely has a creative talent for the peculiar and I love it.