Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 41 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 137 reviews
on February 27, 2017
Tour de Force! Start Take Tom Robbins best book and combine with a brilliantly nuanced reading by Barry Bostwick and you end up with one of the best audio books ever made. Robbins allusions never cease to amaze, and they're virtually non-stop, which makes listening to it over and over again a real pleasure. I've heard it at least a dozen times and each time I find new gems. His flirtations with history and mythology are fascinating. If you like Robbins, you'll like this audio book. 9, 90-minute cassette tapes! That's a lot of unabridged, in-your-face Robbins.
on May 11, 2017
Bought it for my wife who is a huge Tom Robbins fan. She likes it, so I am happy.
on August 20, 2017
perfect
on July 24, 2017
Fun read with pearls of philosophy and social commentary. In true style, it will take you on a journey out of this world
on August 26, 2017
Classic Robbins. Absolutely wonderful
on January 27, 2015
I've read just about all of Tom Robbins's books. This one is a favorite of mine. The story lead me to accepting, enjoying and laughing at impossible concepts, for instance animated silver utensils. If you're up for it, do read this.
on June 1, 2015
Really weird book.... but I loved it! Tom Robbins is a unique author that's for sure! Liked this one way better than Even Cowgirls Get the Blues and a little more than I liked Still Life with Woodpecker.
on October 27, 2014
Hooray for Tom Robbins. He once again offers us a humorous ride through his crazy universe. He shuffles our Tarot deck, draws the joker and then holds up its reflexion before a fractured mirror. The work is insightful and the characters endearing.
on July 27, 2011
I couldn't put this book down. Every paragraph, every phrase is a work of art. The second person POV was brilliant. Robbins demonstrates once again that the way a story is told is sometimes more important in the story itself. Even if I just had the first half of the book, I would have been satisfied. I would want to read more sure, but not for the conclusion, but each paragraph, each word. Brilliant, just brilliant!
on July 8, 2015
I love Tom Robbins and this book was no different! He has such a remarkable way of putting together this seemingly crazy sounding ideas and having you believe every detail. Great read!