Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Half-Blood (Covenant) Paperback – October 18, 2011
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Author
Her dreams of becoming an author started in algebra class, where she spent most of her time writing short stories....which explains her dismal grades in math. Jennifer writes young adult paranormal, science fiction, fantasy, and contemporary romance. She is published with Spencer Hill Press, Entangled Teen and Brazen, Disney/Hyperion and Harlequin Teen.
She also writes adult and New Adult romance under the name J. Lynn. She is published by Entangled Brazen and HarperCollins.
Top Customer Reviews
This book seemed to be a direct clone of the first VAMPIRE ACADEMY book. This was noticeably in the first *25 pages* and grew more and more pronounced as the book progressed. Now I understand that in the world of UF and YA vampire novels, a lot of mythologies and ideas overlap, but this was no mere coincidence. There were literally plot lines and direct phrases lifted from VA. I couldn't believe it. Here are the startling similarities: (**warning: spoilers if you have not read Vampire Academy or Half-Blood)
*Girl is 17-years old, of a halfie race that is considered a lower caste than the superior pure race above her who have power to wield the four elements.
*The halfie race retains incredible physical powers that allow them to battle an evil vampire-like form of their race, who are immensely powerful and drain the blood of the pure and half-race. Young halfies are trained at their race's society-run boarding school, where they train to be deadly guards/protectors to the superior race and slayers of the evil race.
*Girl has been on the run from the school officials for several years due to an unclear danger there Is caught by a hot older guy belonging to the elite group of guards and brought back.
*Girl is almost expelled by headmaster/mistress, but is vouched for by previously mentioned hot guard, who agrees to train with girl every day to make up the years lost in her training.Read more ›
would be ashamed of myself, and if I were Richelle Meade, I'd sue.
Without giving too much away to those who still want to read it, everything, and I mean everything is pretty much the same.
Girl that's a part of a lower caste of half-breed supernaturals training to defend the full blooded? Check.
Broody mysterious Superman type instructor that saves her bacon then agrees to train her so she doesn't fall behind her class year? Check.
Even the scene where Rose and Lissa are dragged before the head of the school with three Guardians in the room that plead on Rose's behalf is duplicated.
And oh dear god, the daimons are former pure-bloods that become daimons when they drain aether from the blood of another pure-blood, much the same way that strigoi become strigoi draining moroi. Even her name for the pure bloods (hematoi) is in the same phonetic family.
I'm sorry that's just pathetic, Richelle Meade put all lot of hard work into VA for someone with less than stellar writing skills to just rip her off.
I fully intend to get refund for this drivel, I will not support plagerism. Some similarities in ya fantasy fiction is to be expected, but this is just a blatant copy.
Ok I know everyone is going around saying this book is exactly like vampire academy. Well I'm here to say that yes there are similarities but this book is its own.
1. Rose and Alex have the same personality, but that's ok in my book because they are great characters.
2. Yes Alex has a thing for her trainer but the age difference isn't as wide.
3. The BIGGEST difference is there is no Lissa. Which in my opinion makes this book it's own because she is a freaking omg huge part in the whole vamp academy series! That's why I find this whole she plagiarizes VA stupid. Rose wouldn't even be alive without Lissa!
4. I've heard Caleb compared to Mason. Stupid. He isn't in love with Alex. He is her best friend and acts like it.
5. The only thing similar between Seth and Adrian is the fact they both have crazy episodes. And Seth's aren't as bad as Adrian's.
6. I've also heard that Alex and Aiden's love scene was the same as Rose and Dimitri, wrong. Alex and Aiden weren't under a spell. Which in my opinion makes it sweeter.
7. Where Rose and Dimitri can be together it's just frowned apon, Alex and Aiden can't because it's illegal.
8. The halfs in this book are nothing more then slaves. Which if you remember in VA the dhampirs aren't slaves if they don't wanna be guardians they don't have to nor do they have to be slaves. And Mia's parents in VA where servants and they were full blood!
9. The pures before being turned into daimons if you recall weren't vampires...unlike VA where the morai are vampires. I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong. Oh well.
10. My other BIGGEST thing is Aiden doesn't remind me of Dimitri. He is younger and less serious.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love the story and I can hardly put the book down. Looking forward to the next book in the series.Published 15 hours ago by lisa cincripi
I'm writing words to fill space and leave 20 characters so here you go are you happy now ?? ??Published 21 days ago by Darah
Alexandria and her mother had run from the Covenant and now she was on her own, desperately trying to stay alive.. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Connie
I don't know if it's my app or the book iteself, but there were a few annoying issues with word and paragraph spacing. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Tabitha Wildman
Overall I liked this book. This first book did remind me of vampire academy series, but it was still a good book. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer