Top positive review
37 people found this helpful
Comparison: Theatrical vs. Enlarged Edition
on June 14, 2011
The movie itself, you can judge.. It has its moments, but is no Me, Myself, and Irene IMO...
There is an extended cut of the film (Enlarged Edition) which runs approx 6 minutes longer and has an additional 8 scenes. Sadly, other than one in particular.. the scenes are nothing too special nor do they change the film drastically. The movie is a mixture of comedy and seriousness (more towards the end). Sometimes the serious scenes outweigh the funny ones..
The additional scenes that are added in the extended version are listed below:
1) 30 min. Day One: The guys pick up Gary from the house. Apparently, his wife doesn't know about their plans because he climbs out of the first floor window. He suddenly falls down and limps the rest of the way to the car..
2) 43 min. Day Three: Rick and Fred finally start to put some effort in their pick-up attempts and are standing in front of a hip club. At first, the doorman doesn't want to let them in, however, they bribe him with 50 dollars. Still, he thinks that he might lose his job if he lets them go inside. The camera then cuts to Rick, Fred, and the doorman (who just lost his job) as they all eat a hot dog. =)
3) 47 min. Day Five: Rick has lunch and leaves a message on his wife's voicemail inbox. He says that he misses her and the kids. Then, the waitress brings him a free dessert made by the cookee. Rick looks around for her but suddenly, the cookee says that the dessert was meant for the other blond guy the cookee apparently has the hots for. Rick looks sad.
Cut to the office. Rick tries some online dating but again doesn't really succeed. Fred thinks that it's not the best idea to use a photo that shows Rick with his wife and family. Suddenly, Fred comes up with an idea that is to backfire later on. Apparently, they can't make strange women like them enough to sleep with them, so they should try to hit on women they already know.
Subsequently he visits one of his old friends - Missy - and brings her some Greek food to break the ice; he does that because he rememered that her last name had a Greek origin. Too bad that it was her ex-husband's name. Fred explains her how his vacation week from his marraige works and hopes to be able to sleep with Missy. However, she's not really satisfied with his clumsy hit on and slams the door in front of him. Fred is frustrated and doesn't understand why she did this. Not too funny..
4) 67 min. Day 6: Rick tries to impress Leigh (the hot blonde from the coffee shop) in the club by putting a huge snake around his neck. After a quick cut we see that this wasn't the best idea. This is the funniest additional scene, hands down..
5) 68 min. Day 6: Rick dances on the bar without wearing a shirt. In the extended version he also breaks a glass.
6) 69 min. Day 6: Rick's bill in the Club adds up to 1400 dollars because the drinks are unbelievably expensive. He tries to skip out on the tab but doesn't succeed.
7) 69 min. Day 6: Rick shouts to the bartender that he shouldn't dare to put a tip on their bill.
8) 69 min. Day 6: During the scene transition the theatrical version instead shows the women's motel.
All and all, nothing too much added that makes me want to just buy the combo pack with extended version..If you end up with just the theatrical version, I'd say your just fine and are not missing much. Hope it's been helpful..Enjoy