Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hall Pass
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on June 14, 2011
The movie itself, you can judge.. It has its moments, but is no Me, Myself, and Irene IMO...

There is an extended cut of the film (Enlarged Edition) which runs approx 6 minutes longer and has an additional 8 scenes. Sadly, other than one in particular.. the scenes are nothing too special nor do they change the film drastically. The movie is a mixture of comedy and seriousness (more towards the end). Sometimes the serious scenes outweigh the funny ones..

The additional scenes that are added in the extended version are listed below:

1) 30 min. Day One: The guys pick up Gary from the house. Apparently, his wife doesn't know about their plans because he climbs out of the first floor window. He suddenly falls down and limps the rest of the way to the car..

2) 43 min. Day Three: Rick and Fred finally start to put some effort in their pick-up attempts and are standing in front of a hip club. At first, the doorman doesn't want to let them in, however, they bribe him with 50 dollars. Still, he thinks that he might lose his job if he lets them go inside. The camera then cuts to Rick, Fred, and the doorman (who just lost his job) as they all eat a hot dog. =)

3) 47 min. Day Five: Rick has lunch and leaves a message on his wife's voicemail inbox. He says that he misses her and the kids. Then, the waitress brings him a free dessert made by the cookee. Rick looks around for her but suddenly, the cookee says that the dessert was meant for the other blond guy the cookee apparently has the hots for. Rick looks sad.
Cut to the office. Rick tries some online dating but again doesn't really succeed. Fred thinks that it's not the best idea to use a photo that shows Rick with his wife and family. Suddenly, Fred comes up with an idea that is to backfire later on. Apparently, they can't make strange women like them enough to sleep with them, so they should try to hit on women they already know.
Subsequently he visits one of his old friends - Missy - and brings her some Greek food to break the ice; he does that because he rememered that her last name had a Greek origin. Too bad that it was her ex-husband's name. Fred explains her how his vacation week from his marraige works and hopes to be able to sleep with Missy. However, she's not really satisfied with his clumsy hit on and slams the door in front of him. Fred is frustrated and doesn't understand why she did this. Not too funny..

4) 67 min. Day 6: Rick tries to impress Leigh (the hot blonde from the coffee shop) in the club by putting a huge snake around his neck. After a quick cut we see that this wasn't the best idea. This is the funniest additional scene, hands down..

5) 68 min. Day 6: Rick dances on the bar without wearing a shirt. In the extended version he also breaks a glass.

6) 69 min. Day 6: Rick's bill in the Club adds up to 1400 dollars because the drinks are unbelievably expensive. He tries to skip out on the tab but doesn't succeed.

7) 69 min. Day 6: Rick shouts to the bartender that he shouldn't dare to put a tip on their bill.

8) 69 min. Day 6: During the scene transition the theatrical version instead shows the women's motel.

All and all, nothing too much added that makes me want to just buy the combo pack with extended version..If you end up with just the theatrical version, I'd say your just fine and are not missing much. Hope it's been helpful..Enjoy

-Cam
on February 28, 2011
This movie was HILARIOUS!!!! You don't watch a movie like this thinking you're going to be mentally moved or enlightened, you watch a movie like this to be entertained. I was very entertained!!! However, if you aren't comfortable with the human anatomy and don't find jokes that are crass funny, this is not the movie for you. This movie was everything I wanted it to be and more!! I haven't watched a movie that's made me laugh as hard as I did while watching this movie in a looooong time (would I watch it with my parents? NO WAY!!!)
HALL OF FAMEVINE VOICEon September 10, 2012
Hall Pass is a somewhat funny, yet typical buddy guy film in which more or less clueless married guys think life sucks for them until they have that epiphany that their wives are really pretty awesome and life is actually worse without them. Owen Wilson & Jason Sudeikis star are those guys whose wives give them a "hall pass" for one week which allows them to go out and sleep with as many women as they can without any consequences. They of course can't pick up women as they are older and out of the game, but when Owen Wilson actually has a chance to sleep with an attractive woman at the end of the film, he realizes how much his wife means to him. The film is filled with the raunchy humor of films like Wedding Crashers, but it is a little too derivative to be a classic like that film. It has some clever jokes and nice performances especially from Mr. Wilson and Jenna Fischer as his wife. Mr. Sudeikis is amiable, but Christina Applegate is grating and annoying as his wife and you could see why he may want to stray. Richard Jenkins is pretty funny as what should be an over-the-hill player. Hall Pass is an average comedy that will make you laugh in spots, but also drag in many places as well.
on April 27, 2016
I expected more with the cast of this movie, but it definitely had it jokes and funny moments. Still, there was this underlying serious tone to the story that kind of punches you in the face at the end, leaving you feeling cheated (pun intended). It totally crashes the movie and left me wondering why I watched it. The title promises more than it delivers. The movie is okay if you have no other options but it certainly isn't an "I can't wait to see this" type of movie
on February 18, 2016
At first I was inclined to disagree with those that gave this movie a low star rating but after watching it for the 2nd time, I realized they were right and this movie is actually pretty boring and well, kind of embarrassing too. There are some funny moments but the majority of the movie is mostly weak and lame. I recommend people skip this for better comedies.
This movie's trailer was amazing. Whoever put together the trailer for this movie should be given an Academy Award for SOMETHING. The guy managed to make a completely average movie look amazing in the trailer. It reminds me of Entourage and Medellin.

As a result of the trailer, I went into this movie expecting a lot more than I got. Yes, it had some funny moments. Yes, I did laugh out loud a few times. But it really wasn't more than an average movie. Perhaps my review would have been a bit different if I went into the movie blindly, just having caught it on TV randomly or something.

With that said, the Austalian girl in the movie who played the Barista in the coffee shop is SMOKING HOT, and I honestly might watch the movie again just to see her topless!

Owen Wilson is a really fun guy and I love his personality. Every time I see him now, I think, why did this guy try to kill himself a few years back? If he wasn't in this movie, it would have been horrible. Jason Sudeikis, I didn't care for much in this role.
on March 5, 2016
I give this movie three stars. I feel that the Farrelly brothers are not nearly as funny as they were when making Dumb and Dumber, Kingpin and Something About Mary. This movie had a few chuckles but it is a wet noodle compared to their earlier films.
on January 27, 2014
I let a movie age for awhile before I put a rating on it -- if it is one that I can watch over and over again and enjoy it as much as I did the first time (or occasionally even more as time goes on) then I will give it 5 stars. This is one of those movies that I could literally watch every week without getting tired of it. There is some gross out stuff in here but it is more than tempered by some sweet and mature underpinnings. Maybe you have to be an older (and married) guy or gal to fully appreciate the humor where this one treads, so it won't necessarily crack up the youngsters who haven't experienced kids, marriage, and the secret desires that are better left in the fantasy bin. Owen Wilson and Jason Sudekis make great sidekicks and the ladies are well cast and quite lovely. I could do without the full frontal male nudity which will make most men writhe uncomfortably and feel inadequate in this case -- unless it is reciprocated with a female -- but alas not to be! Super funny movie and one of my all time favorites.
on January 27, 2014
I love the concept. But I hate when American men are characterized as a bunch of post-adolescent emasculated wimps. In Europe they would laugh at the pathetically weak men--but in Europe a president has a model "girlfriend" and a wife and the people view his personal life as his own business. So we have a way to go regarding that level of maturity--if that is what you would call it. HOWEVER, so much of this is true regarding marriage--the desirable people we marry become--the same old, same old--and you never see movies about a successful balance of sexuality/ passion friendship and commitment in a long term marriage--but when it work it is the very best of what relationships can be. Schmaltz, that we actually LOVE our lives, sad that being men means we WANT to have sex with them and they seem to lose interest...strangely sad.
on January 8, 2015
I think everybody has those movies...you know, those go-to movies that probably haven't won an Oscar, they don't make you re-evaluate all of your convictions or view life in a different way, but when you're snowed-in for the night or you want some comfort on a Sunday afternoon because you know the weekend will soon be over...you turn to them. You can't really explain WHY you like them so much, but they make you happy and warm? This is one of those movies for me. The characters are true to their traits, it isn't sanctimonious or trying to be something it's not, and it's set in beautiful New England, so there's not a lot to NOT like about it, is there? Give this movie a chance