Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 61 reviews
on March 24, 2017
I had forgotten how much I loved this book! The missing child case Julie Collins, now a full-time P.I., takes on as a favor to to local MC president, Tony Martinez, is much more complicated than she could ever imagine when she agrees to take the job. The twists and turns cover lots of ground--a Lakota Holy group, Deadwood casino owners, local ranchers, and the Hombres MC. Even though the plot thread is woven through all these groups, it all flows really well and makes perfect sense in the end. I love Julie's tenacity--even when it leads to personal danger, there's just no quit in her. Her search for Chloe Black Dog takes her down some interesting and dangerous paths. Julie's personal relationships with her best friend and business partner, Kevin, her budding relationship with Martinez, her antagonistic relationship with her father add a deeper dimension that makes this series so engrossing. This is one of my favorite series for good reason. It's well-written, tightly plotted, with an interesting cast of characters, a sense of danger and a dash of humor. All these characters are complex, with flaws, complicated back stories and lots of baggage. I don't always like their choices, but that's a huge part of the appeal.
on April 3, 2017
Julie is back in book 2 and bad-assed as ever. Julie mixes work with pleasure and takes on a case for Tony Martinez, smoking hot El Presidente of the outlaw biker club, The Hombres. A child is missing and Julie is hired to find her. Julie’s knack for finding dead bodies reveals a tangled web of murders in South Dakota. With her new love interest Martinez, Julie sets out to solve a string of grisly murders and to find an innocent child before the bad guys get to her.
I cannot say enough positive things about this series! The situations, friendships, and mysteries in this series really draw you in and leave you wanting more. Julie is one of my all-time favorite characters and I know she can be yours as well!
on March 23, 2017
In the second installment of this series, Julie is now working with her childhood friend Kevin as a private investigator when she’s hired by a man she encountered in BLOOD TIES. Tony Martinez is a man she’s attracted to but one who she thinks is a bit too dangerous for her in more ways than one. He wants her to find the missing child of one of his friends. In the process Julie discovers things about herself as well as about her brother’s death.

HALLOWED GROUND was nominated for a 2006 Shamus Award, a Daphne du Maurier award, and won the 2007 WILLA Cather Literary Award.
on March 23, 2017
Hallowed Ground is the second book in the Julie Collins series and I'm absolutely hooked! I love this series. Julie is FANTASTIC. You've got to love a strong female character and she's IT! The woman doesn't take crap from ANYONE and makes no apologies for it. This book has everything. I couldn't put it down. I would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good murder mystery with a little dark humor thrown in for good measure. Again... looking forward to the next book!
on March 23, 2017
Hallowed Ground was a page turner! I love strong female leads and Julie Collins doesn't disappoint! She's a sarcastic, tell-it-like-it is, PI with a backstory of her own and a heart that yearns for justice. She's hired to find the niece of an enforcer of a local motorcycle club and during her search, she gets shot at, beaten up, and injured (more than once!) but never gives up on finding where the little girl is so she can be reunited with her family. The story intertwines her personal and professional lives on several levels keeps you guessing until the very end.
on April 27, 2017
Just finished the second book in the Julie Collins series. This one was better than the first. The characters are well rounded and believable. Julie is s flawed but likeable person and I find myself rooting for her through all the escapades she gets herself into. I just bought nook 3.
on March 15, 2017
Wow! I'm a long time mystery fan and I was kept guessing until the end as to whodunit. This series keeps getting better and better. I can't wait to start book three and find out what happens next in Julie's life.
on May 13, 2011
I enjoyed this story as much as the first book (blood ties). Julie gets beaten several times by bad guys again which seems like she should have been more hurt than she was. However, the quick bounce back does not take away from the story and allows it to move forward. Her friend Tony seems to be there for her when it matters most. I must admit I am not a fan of Kevin, but he was there as much as he could be. He was dealing with Lily's illness/death which would take a toll on any person. I do feel he gives Julie mixed signals and was happy he was not always there to save her like in Blood Ties. The way I saw it, Keven was taken off the pedestal Julie placed him on, but not in such a bad way that they lost their friendship or partnership. I still do no like Julie's father but this book seemed to humanize him which gave an interesting twist and I hope to see how things unfold between Julie and her dad in the sequential books. The biggest complaint I have about this book is that my Kindle version seemed to have many type errors. Throughout the book 2-3 words would be clumped together. For example He seemed would be like Heseemed or, to go to would be like togoto. Sometimes I had to reread the sentence to see I had to separate the words. It was not too hard to read past and I still really enjoyed reading it.
on September 6, 2016
Hollowed Ground is a long story with multiple protagonists which wander around in many subplots. The chief protagonist Julie Collins gets beat up, shot, etc. too frequently to be real. Armstrong’s Snow Blind was a better read than Hollowed Ground. Lori G. Armstrong’s Mercy series books were more interesting. However, Armstrong is a great semi-western genre writer in the league with the remarkable Craig Johnson and C. J. Box.
on July 19, 2017
As usual Armstrong has a lot of inter twining characters. Keeps you guessing to who done it. Keeps it interesting with a little romance. I like knowing when I read the next book, it will have new characters along with familiar ones.