Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Halo 3 - Xbox 360
Format: Video Game|Change

on July 28, 2017
A very good campaign and an entertaining variety of other things to do. The campaign has an excellent storyline with a lot of twists to keep you wanting more. The gameplay overall is very fun and keeps it fresh throughout the campaign, although there are many crazy glitches since it's an older game (2007). I love to mess around on the Forge mode. You can also re-watch your campaign and forge adventures in Theater and take screenshots and clips for your XBOX 360 Console. The multiplayer is okay, but it doesn't live up to Halo, Reach's multiplayer. The Armory is more limited on armor, but there are more colors than Reach and they are very vibrant. I give this game a 9/10!
on June 5, 2014
This game was a lot of fun to play. It was my first Halo. I found the story neat. It does have wonky controls compared to other FPS I have played. I am not great at these types of games and find driving missions hard. I was able to play this game on normal mode from start to finish. It was long enough for me as I had lots of hours of play time. Graphics were great, voice acting was superb and the cut scenes were nice. Halo 3 was fun.

+++ No timed missions. I hate timed missions.
+++ No invincible enemies, I hate those.
+++ Scorpion tank is fun!
+++ The right tools for the job can be found on the field of battle
--- could use more human weaponry ammunition
2 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon September 13, 2009
As far as shooters go, it's hard to get better than "Halo 3." The graphics are spectacular, the AI is adaptable and the action is constant. Although the plot is a little thinner than it was in the previous installments, "Halo 3" is the killer app of games today.

The third chapter of the trilogy keeps what worked in "Halo 2" and added some new features ("Ripping the plasma cannon off the turret and going Rambo on the grunts? Sure!"). There's also a new "accessory" slot for things like portable shields and regenerators, which are nice but take some getting used to in terms of using. They are not mandatory by any means however - my first run-through from start to finish on normal difficulty saw me never use one of them.

Grenades have changed slightly - there are two more kinds (anti-personnel shrapnel and incendiary), but as an equalizer you can now carry only two of each kind now. You can see how many of each you have at all times now, which is a bonus.

I also like how the Skulls are now in Normal and Hard difficulties in addition to Legendary, because although I'm not a Halo freak I like some of the variations the skulls let me play with.

A drawback to this game is that it's more linear when it comes to mission design - usually all you can do in rush in headlong and slug it out. I would have liked to see more sniper rifles/rocket launchers lying around - you do get chances to use them, but they are few and far in between - to give those of us who like to "soften up" an area first or to do some sneaking around to have some fun. That said, the sheer amount of in-your-face frenetic action is a blast sometimes, especially as you run around in a platoon of grunts with a gravity hammer :)

All in all, this is the best of the 360 console to date, wrapping up the original trilogy of what has become THE video game franchise of the decade. It's not perfect, but it's close and a lot of fun: what more do you want from a game?
on May 22, 2018
The game was corrupted, wouldn't work. I had purchased it several months before the birthday for which it was intended. I encourage anyone who buys such a used item via mail order/internet to try them out asap. Live and learn.
on August 4, 2017
Graphics & game play is awesome. Arrived in brand new condition in good packaging. At first was concerned the box had PAL format but no problems playing on my Xbox360 using NTSC. Totally worth it.
on November 7, 2011
I respect all reviews for this game. Keep in mind, this is the first Halo game I have played. Anyone giving this a negative review must be really spoiled by earlier games in this series. The graphics, musical score, sound effects, variety in enemies, weapon selection, and the storyline all get a near 5 out of 5 for me. I guess I am just easily impressed just coming from the PS2 and Wii, lol. It was a short game so I guess people just wanted more. I only paid about 8 bucks, so that makes it a lot better also. I will buy Halo:Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition. I am sure I am in for quite a ride!
on June 8, 2013
Great first person shooter game. Follows the story line from the original Halo and Halo 2. I would recommend installing this game on your Xbox 360 so that you DVD player is not running constantly. This will help reduce heat buildup and I'm sure that it'll extend the life of the DVD player. I've been using a simple USB flash memory (Scandisk Cruzer 32GB) hooked up using an AmazonBasics USB 2.0 A-Male to A-Female Extension Cable. This allowed the memory stick to completely be inserted. Again a great game.
on November 22, 2015
Came in really good condition, played perfectly fine. I had tons of fun with this game, and I'd definitely recommend this if yore looking to have fun!
on May 8, 2010
Halo is a great series. The sheer number of people playing it and loving it is proof of that. Halo 3 is no exception. If you didn't like Halo: Combat Evolved or Halo 2, then you won't like Halo 3. Conversely, if you did like the previous two games, then you will indeed like this one as well.

Some people hate Halo because it is so popular. Despite some flaws, it's an addictingly fun game that you won't be able to put down... as long as you're playing the multiplayer. I found the campaign to be mediocre at best. The combat, unlike many other games, lasts quite a while, and it's possible to go head-to-head with another player for 5 seconds or more. In other games, quick head shots are everything, and you often never even see who it was that killed you. Not Halo, you actually get to fight.

My only complaints? Some of the weapons, especially the simpler Covenant weapons (the aliens) are virtually useless. You might as well just dance for your enemy. The campaign is mediocre, and aiming on a controller is never as accurate, fast, or fun as a mouse and keyboard combo. Other than that, great game.
on January 16, 2014
I got my grandson the entire HALO series in games. This one was purchased as a replacement for the original one which broke. The storyline of HALO is great, to a little sad. Graphics are beyond awesome. Single player champaigns as well as multiplayer online play. My Grand son gives it 5 stars. Plus being a used game you'd expect soem minor scratche..but this disc was pristine...even the case was like new!
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.