Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Halo 5: Guardians” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 58% off the $39.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
$ 90 $39.99 Save $19.09 (48%)
FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
& FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping
Get free shipping with fast payment.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Xbox Live subscription required for online play.
- Intense story on a galactic scale: Play as the Master Chief and Spartan Locke across three new worlds.
- Your team is your weapon: Play solo or with friends in a 4-player co-op experience.
- Warzone: New, 24-player massive-scale multiplayer mode.
- Arena: Pure, skill-based 4-vs-4 competitive combat.
- New rewards system: Earn Requisition Points to redeem for new gear.
- Extensive multiplayer content: Receive more than 15 new free maps and earn fresh, new content like weapons and gear, each month after launch.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
The Next Evolution of Halo Combat
Hunt the Truth
A mysterious and unstoppable force threatens the galaxy, the Master Chief is missing and his loyalty questioned. Experience the most dramatic Halo story to date in a 4-player cooperative epic that spans three worlds. Challenge friends and rivals in new multiplayer modes: Warzone, massive 24-player battles, and Arena, pure 4-vs-4 competitive combat.
Your Team is Your Weapon
Choose how to achieve objectives while playing solo with AI teammates or with friends in a 4-player cooperative experience using your Xbox Live 14-day Gold trial.
New, massive-scale multiplayer mode that supports 24-player battles with both friendly and enemy AI dropping in. It’s nonstop action when you confront Spartans, Covenant, and Forerunners while trying to complete a variety of objectives.
Halo 5: Extensive Multiplayer Content
Prepare for nonstop action with Warzone. This all-new, massive-scale multiplayer mode features 24-player battles (12-vs-12) with both friendly and enemy AI dropping in to pump up the mayhem. The first team to score 1,000 points or destroy the other guys wins.
Fireteam AI System
Fireteam AI adds a new level of drop-in/drop-out co-op excitement by keeping four Spartans active at all times. It's designed to be completely autonomous, and when controlled by AI, your teammates support you by navigating the environment and reacting dynamically throughout combat.
Halo's legacy of pure, skill-based 4-vs-4 competitive combat lives on in Guardians' thrilling Arena multiplayer mode. Rely on your smarts and work with your teammates as you go for the kill and assert your dominance.
Peace is Shattered
When humanity's greatest hero goes missing, a new Spartan must hunt the Master Chief and solve a mystery that threatens the entire galaxy.
Play together with Gold.
Gaming is better with Xbox Live Gold. Join the best community of gamers on the most advanced multiplayer network. Get four free games a month, and save up to 50-75% in the Xbox Store.
Note: Free Games Offer: For paid Gold members only. Includes two games for Xbox One and two games for Xbox 360. On Xbox One, active Gold membership required to play free games you’ve redeemed. Restrictions Apply. Savings based on retail value of game. Requirements and available features vary across consoles; Multiplayer between Xbox One and Xbox 360 supported for select titles. Download required (ISP fees apply).
Conditions applied, kindly contact customer care for more information.
- An intense new story on a galactic scale: Play as the Master Chief and Spartan Locke as the hunt plays out across three new worlds.
- Your team is your weapon: Choose how to achieve objectives while playing solo with AI teammates or with friends in a 4-player cooperative experience using your Xbox Live 14-day Gold trial.
- Warzone: New, massive-scale multiplayer mode that supports 24-player battles with both friendly and enemy AI dropping in. It’s nonstop action when you confront Spartans, Covenant, and Forerunners while trying to complete a variety of objectives.
- Arena: Halo’s established legacy of pure, skill-based 4-vs-4 competitive combat.
- New rewards system: Earn Requisition Points throughout the multiplayer experience, redeemable for REQ packs that deliver new gear, weapons, vehicles, and more.
- Extensive Multiplayer Content: Receive more than 15 new free maps and earn fresh, new content like weapons and gear, each month after launch.
Evolve your experience with Xbox Live Gold and Halo 5: Guardians, the greatest evolution in the epic sci-fi series:
- Connect seamlessly with friends in an intense 4-player co-op campaign.
- Battle your way through non-stop action in Warzone, a new massive-scale multiplayer mode supporting 24-player battles!
- Compete in the Arena multiplayer mode – pure, skill-based 4-vs-4 combat.
- Receive more than 15 free multiplayer maps post-launch.
- Earn all new gear, weapons, vehicles, and more through the Requisition System.
Top Customer Reviews
Campaign: Tedious.I felt less like I was saving the world and more like I was grinding stones against the pavement. The introduction to every level is filled with long, forced conversation from your allies, and is a sad excuse for providing an actual story. When you actually get into the gunfights, I honestly did appreciate that you can flank in almost every engagement, giving you tons of options on how to efficiently defeat your enemy, but the lack of enemy variety felt boring, and I found myself almost never using the "tactical squad commands" to guide my usually dumber than bricks AI companions. Thematically, Halo 5 is the weakest in the series, and as I'm sure anyone will tell you, the campaigns ending is a huge letdown.
Multiplayer: Now, this is the Halo I remember! Multiplayer is fun! Like, actual fun. Many people describe the feel of Halo 5's multiplayer to be "if Halo 3 and CE had a child" and I agree. It boils down to positioning, and shot placement. Tactics are more important than ever, and (most of the time) a loss, feels justified. I recommend playing in a group, even if its just strangers, and get a mic, because communication is your greatest asset in Halo 5's competitive modes.
Don't feel like being aggressive? Wanna play some ridiculous modes? Drag race? Now with the custom games browser, you'll rarely find yourself bored. I often find myself joining games of duck hunt or Minotaurs and laughing at the absurdity into the wee hours of the night.
Overall, Halo 5 is better than I thought, the multiplayer alone is enough to keep me hooked, but if you're waiting till Halo 6, or are content with Destiny, and are wondering if you should pick this up for whatever the sale price is (mine was less than $20).
Do it. Two trips to chipotle for some awesome warzone action or crazy custom combat is well worth it to me, even if the campaign did leave a sour tatse in my mouth.