Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Halo 5: Guardians” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 52% off the $39.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
$ 90 $39.99 Save $19.09 (48%)
& FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping
Just ship to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Xbox Live subscription required for online play.
- Intense story on a galactic scale: Play as the Master Chief and Spartan Locke across three new worlds.
- Your team is your weapon: Play solo or with friends in a 4-player co-op experience.
- Warzone: New, 24-player massive-scale multiplayer mode.
- Arena: Pure, skill-based 4-vs-4 competitive combat.
- New rewards system: Earn Requisition Points to redeem for new gear.
- Extensive multiplayer content: Receive more than 15 new free maps and earn fresh, new content like weapons and gear, each month after launch.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
The Next Evolution of Halo Combat
Hunt the Truth
A mysterious and unstoppable force threatens the galaxy, the Master Chief is missing and his loyalty questioned. Experience the most dramatic Halo story to date in a 4-player cooperative epic that spans three worlds. Challenge friends and rivals in new multiplayer modes: Warzone, massive 24-player battles, and Arena, pure 4-vs-4 competitive combat.
Your Team is Your Weapon
Choose how to achieve objectives while playing solo with AI teammates or with friends in a 4-player cooperative experience using your Xbox Live 14-day Gold trial.
New, massive-scale multiplayer mode that supports 24-player battles with both friendly and enemy AI dropping in. It’s nonstop action when you confront Spartans, Covenant, and Forerunners while trying to complete a variety of objectives.
Halo 5: Extensive Multiplayer Content
Prepare for nonstop action with Warzone. This all-new, massive-scale multiplayer mode features 24-player battles (12-vs-12) with both friendly and enemy AI dropping in to pump up the mayhem. The first team to score 1,000 points or destroy the other guys wins.
Fireteam AI System
Fireteam AI adds a new level of drop-in/drop-out co-op excitement by keeping four Spartans active at all times. It's designed to be completely autonomous, and when controlled by AI, your teammates support you by navigating the environment and reacting dynamically throughout combat.
Halo's legacy of pure, skill-based 4-vs-4 competitive combat lives on in Guardians' thrilling Arena multiplayer mode. Rely on your smarts and work with your teammates as you go for the kill and assert your dominance.
Peace is Shattered
When humanity's greatest hero goes missing, a new Spartan must hunt the Master Chief and solve a mystery that threatens the entire galaxy.
Play together with Gold.
Gaming is better with Xbox Live Gold. Join the best community of gamers on the most advanced multiplayer network. Get four free games a month, and save up to 50-75% in the Xbox Store.
Note: Free Games Offer: For paid Gold members only. Includes two games for Xbox One and two games for Xbox 360. On Xbox One, active Gold membership required to play free games you’ve redeemed. Restrictions Apply. Savings based on retail value of game. Requirements and available features vary across consoles; Multiplayer between Xbox One and Xbox 360 supported for select titles. Download required (ISP fees apply).
Conditions applied, kindly contact customer care for more information.
- An intense new story on a galactic scale: Play as the Master Chief and Spartan Locke as the hunt plays out across three new worlds.
- Your team is your weapon: Choose how to achieve objectives while playing solo with AI teammates or with friends in a 4-player cooperative experience using your Xbox Live 14-day Gold trial.
- Warzone: New, massive-scale multiplayer mode that supports 24-player battles with both friendly and enemy AI dropping in. It’s nonstop action when you confront Spartans, Covenant, and Forerunners while trying to complete a variety of objectives.
- Arena: Halo’s established legacy of pure, skill-based 4-vs-4 competitive combat.
- New rewards system: Earn Requisition Points throughout the multiplayer experience, redeemable for REQ packs that deliver new gear, weapons, vehicles, and more.
- Extensive Multiplayer Content: Receive more than 15 new free maps and earn fresh, new content like weapons and gear, each month after launch.
Evolve your experience with Xbox Live Gold and Halo 5: Guardians, the greatest evolution in the epic sci-fi series:
- Connect seamlessly with friends in an intense 4-player co-op campaign.
- Battle your way through non-stop action in Warzone, a new massive-scale multiplayer mode supporting 24-player battles!
- Compete in the Arena multiplayer mode – pure, skill-based 4-vs-4 combat.
- Receive more than 15 free multiplayer maps post-launch.
- Earn all new gear, weapons, vehicles, and more through the Requisition System.
Top customer reviews
-This game is much more fast-paced than other Halo games. Unlimited sprint and thruster packs, combined with smaller multiplayer maps mean that you are constantly running into enemy players.
-It is much easier to kill and die in this game than previous games. Time to kill with most weapons is around one second, much faster than other games. Combine this with a very short radar radius and you end up with very "twitchy" gameplay, where two players run into each other unexpectedly and the first person to get a shot off usually gets the kill (similar to Call of Duty).
-Aiming feels different from other Halo games for some reason. You have to go into "advanced controller settings" and adjust the dead zones and aim acceleration in order to get back the correct Halo feel. I have no idea why this was altered.
-No split-screen! I couldn't believe that only one person could play per xbox. Most players fell in love with Halo playing 4 player split-screen, at LAN parties, and I think 343 made a big mistake taking that away. They chose graphics over gameplay, and I think that was the wrong choice.
These changes from the usual halo gameplay initially left me unhappy with the game. I felt that 343 studios had lost the "strategic" gameplay that made halo so much fun. (the fact that no one plays with their microphone on anymore is a testament to this) I felt like the weak shields and powerful weapons took away the skill gap between players, and the game developers just made aiming more difficult to compensate for it. After playing for a few weeks however, and fixing the controller settings, I started to really enjoy the game. Below are some things I think 343 studios did right:
-The new Warzone game type: 12 vs 12 players on HUGE maps is a lot of fun!
-Hundreds of weapon variants add complexity to the multiplayer "sandbox"
-BEAUTIFUL graphics. Wow.
-The new "clamber" ability lets you climb onto ledges, and adds verticality to multiplayer levels.
Overall I think this iteration is better than Halo 4, but it has also lost part of what made Halo such a popular franchise. For the next game I would love to see an increased "time to kill," and the return of split screen gaming so you can have your friends over for a Halo party.