Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- A group of alien races called the Covenant is wiping out human bases and colonies across the galaxy. You and a few fellow soldiers are all that's left of a devastated colony-world called Halo. Built for combat, trained for war, you'll do the only thing you can -- wage guerilla war on the Covenant and help other humans escape!
- Incredible graphics bring the alien world of Halo to life, as you explore it and unravel its many mysteries
- Control your Character during massive firefights as you eliminate as many Covenant soldiers as possible
- Use your tactics skills to command squads and eliminate the enemy as you engage in guerilla warfare, using whatever weapons you can find
- Incredible all-new multiplayer maps for up to 16 people, with brand new armaments you've never seen before
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Based off of the same theme as the previous Halo; In Combat Evolved take your battles online as you are the last of your kind bred for combat and built for war, master of any weapon and have the fear of no known enemy. You seek and destroyed the alien onslaught, fighting for the humanity while uncovering the mysteries that are Halo.
From the Manufacturer
Halo, the award-winning and critically acclaimed science fiction epic adventure, is coming to the PC courtesy of Bungie and Gearbox Software. Packed with action, Halo contains all the thrilling gameplay and rich story that made it a smash hit with gamers all over the world. Now you can take the battle online with all new multiplayer including new maps, weapons and vehicles available only on your PC!
Bent on Humankind's extermination, a powerful fellowship of alien races known as the Covenant is wiping out the Earth's fledgling interstellar empire. You and the other surviving defenders of a devastated colony-world make a desperate attempt to lure the alien fleet away from Earth. Shot down and marooned on the ancient ring-world Halo, you begin a guerilla-war against the Covenant. Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught as you race to uncover the mysteries of Halo.
- New to Halo for the PC: Halo allows you to take the battle online with gamers from all over the world in a variety of customizable individual and team based games. Experience the all new multiplayer with the addition of new maps, weapons and vehicles. Halo's been enhanced for play on the PC with the precision offered by the mouse and keyboard and the support of high-end hardware allowing up to 1600x1200 resolution!
- Rich sci-fi experience: Halo transports you into a science fiction universe fresh out of a Hollywood movie. With a detailed, twisting storyline, complex characters and cunning enemies, Halo will fulfill every sci-fi enthusiast's dreams.
- Vehicle and foot-based action: Tackle missions any way you choose, be it storming an enemy base or taking the wheel or gunnery position in a variety of powerful vehicles. Vehicles range from stolen Covenant flyers to human tanks and more.
- Intense online multiplayer shootouts: Take the battle online with gamers from all over the world in a variety of individual and team-based games such as King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, Race, Oddball, Death Match, and more
- Huge Weapon Variety: Enemies can be crushed with a vast array of human or Covenant weaponry, ranging from the stealthy semiautomatic pistols and needler guns to the fierce rocket launchers and fuel-rod gun.
- Incredible mission variety: Fight the Covenant in a variety of missions as they uncover the dark secrets of Halo. Among the many objectives: to attack enemy outposts, raid underground labs for advanced technology, rescue fallen comrades, steal alien vehicles and weaponry, and snipe at enemy forces.
- Indoor and outdoor combat: Fights are seamless in Halo's ultrarealistic indoor and outdoor environments as gamers hunt the Covenant in a variety of single-player and multiplayer battles.
- Optimized for the PC: With the precision of mouse and keyboard support, playing Halo is like never before. Take advantage of their high-end graphic cards and see Halo in superhigh 1,600 x 1,200 resolution.
- 5.1 compatible: Enjoy a complete surround-sound experience! Enemy troops yell out the front speakers, while friendly troops yell assistance from the right. Meanwhile, hear bullets fired from behind and watch them strike targets in front of you.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
+ Great graphics, although dated by today's standards. The Environments are well detailed and character models are still very impressive.
+ Very clever AI. Enemies will stay right where they are and shoot you if you're in sight.
+ Vehicles, vehicles, vehicles. Honestly this is what made the game for me. The amount of vehicles which you had access to while playing through the game was perfect. In addition to being fun to drive and use they had amazingly tight controls and physics. Masterfully done on Bungee's part.
+ Intriguing storyline
+ Excellent musical score.
+ Solid gameplay mechanics
+ Superb voice acting.
+ 2 weapon maximum limit increased the challenge of the game but in a good way
+ Using a regenerative force field instead of having to constantly search for health packs was great.
- Enemies are a bit repetitive and with little variation throughout the game.
- Ending sequence was sort of a disappointment
- A few overly difficult parts
- Some of the missions felt a bit too linear.
- No way to pull live grenades out of your armor when enemies landed them there.
- Grunt enemy voices became terribly annoying very quickly. Not only that but overall they're rather stupid looking.
Bungee should be lauded for creating Halo. To get so much right and so little wrong in a FPS is a rarity. If you haven't played it yet, don't wait any longer. Pick up a copy of Halo and enjoy the fun.
Read the 5 star reviews, they are all spot on. I won't go into the details of game play because so many others here have already done that. Read the other reviews if you want detailed info on game play.
Anyone giving this game less than 4 stars is nuts.
This game is easy to install. Works on XP, Vista and Windows 7.
The BEST part of this game is the INTENSE devotion of the gaming community. Since this game has FREE multiplayer AND FREE Development tools, the community of geeks out there have gone nuts with free servers, free mods, free social networks centered around the game.
There are hundreds and hundreds of free servers out there to play. Many are hosted by gaming "clans" who love the game so much they host their own servers. And, many of THESE are "modded" or modified. They are a blast.
Some of the best are hosted by the POQ clan. (find them at poqlan(.)com) They have about 10 servers all of which are family friendly (no cussing, sex talk, bad behavior)and are very popular.
If you enjoy good fair gaming with lots of camaraderie and innovative play. You have to check out this game.
The newer games have nothing on the original HALO COMBAT EVOLVED for PC.
I have played this game on both XBOX and PC, and the game play is awesome. The keyboard controls need a little bit of getting used to, (especially when you have been playing with a controller) but it doesn't take too long. You can change the layout of the keyboard controls if you want to, also. I enjoy playing this version of Halo.
Buy with confidence. You're getting an awesome game. 8)
A lot of people still play online even after 12 years is an amazing community.
Many games these days are created for the casual gamer.
Halo: Combat Evolved is different because there is a tremendous skill gap, rather than a knowledge gap, between players. It is not just a matter of knowing which gun is stronger and where good camping spots are. How good you are at the game depends on how quickly you can pop out from behind cover and land a headshot. It takes great scoping, speed, and accuracy to be a great Halo player. If you can master Halo, you are easily a pro-player at the mechanics of any modern FPS game because it is top of the list.