Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 147 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 167 reviews
on January 17, 2016
I bought this months ago, and I have to admit, its one of my favorite limited editions I had ever purchased. It came with everything, and the details and depth of it is incredible. It feels like reviewing an old evidence case; actually it is made that way. There was only one thing I didn't like, and that was the outer protective lining that slides off all of the time. It doesn't have a bottom, so it slips and slides off of the black box kind of casing. It's annoying, but not enough to deduct a star on. Overall, its amazing!
on March 3, 2015
FANTASTIC!

The limited edition only book is and always is in perfect condition! Down to the coffee stained prints in it!

Had every single card and flip note that Halsey "put" in her research book. the box looks perfect and has no dings at all in or on it! no nicks in the plastic cover either! all patches in there as well with the ID;s included.

Disc was perfect as well without one single scratch on it and it was used!

made 3-4-15
on May 17, 2015
I can't give the game enough praise. As a long time Halo fan, Reach is one of the best, even 5 years after it came out. The goodies in the limited edition are a treat for any Halo fan. The game itself is the main reason for my 4 star review. Why not 5? The package itself. The LE comes in a big black box, as if it were "recovered" from within the game universe. My box had some damage on it that made me somewhat upset but I can live with it because the box will mostly sit on the shelf. The seller did, however, slap on of those impossible to remove stickers on the front cover smack dab in the middle. That pissed me off more than anything. But other than the condition, I am very happy.
on January 2, 2015
The story is not as good as Halo CE or Halo 3 ODST, but it is still a great story. What makes this the best Halo on the Xbox 360 is all of the added game play like Firefight, custom games, multiplayer and the ability to play all of this added content without going online.

Sometimes you can't connect to Xbox live (Gold membership expired or at a friends with no internet) and with Halo Reach up to four player can still have fun playing, with games like Halo 4 you can only play the campaign as the other content requires online access.
on November 16, 2012
I will try to keep this short since I'm sure there are lots of long reviews. I lucked into this Limited Edition at the low price of $27.99 with Prime shipping, otherwise I'd never have bought it; I'm mostly over the urge to get 'extras' with my games at this point since I'm running out of storage room. I confess I haven't broken the seal on the special stuff, though that's mostly because I didn't want to damage any of it accidentally. The extras are neat to have in my collection though.

I also didn't buy this intending to play it online and probably won't ever, since everyone else is playing Halo 4 right now anyway. Nope, I actually had this for months before breaking it out finally since I have been pretty busy. This week however I was sick and playing Xbox was about the only thing I felt like doing, so out it came. And man, what a great time I had with it.

A little background hopefully without spoiling the story: Reach takes place before the original Halo games. Most probably know what the deal is but I won't address that, I'll just say you're not going to play Master Chief here. Nope, you get to choose a mysterious new Spartan addition to Noble Team. I chose the female because I thought it was neat to have that as a choice for once. 'Noble Six' is similar to the Master Chief in that he or she lacks a name or much in the way of background other than hints in the dialogue. I however am drawn to the opportunity to fill in the blanks in my mind, though I suppose not everyone feels that way.

When the original Halo was released, I worked at a certain national video game retail chain, and one of the freebies we got was the first Halo-branded novel by Eric Nylund - again don't want to spoil things, so you can look it up if you're interested. Normally I hate serialized fiction, but I honestly loved that book, and knowing the basic back story made me anticipate this game more. When well executed, as I feel Reach and the novel were, I really enjoy finding out other details of a given 'universe' in fiction.

One thing I read in other reviews was that players didn't feel any emotional connection to the other Noble Team members, but I certainly did for most of them.

Another complaint was that the game got rid of some fancy toys from Halo 2 & 3 - my response to that is again, this game takes place FIRST. Yes it would have been 'cool', but honestly playing this game felt incredibly similar to my first time playing through the original Halo on the original Xbox. It was a little simpler in terms of controls/weapons/vehicles than 2 & 3, and I enjoyed the return to the 'roots' of the gameplay. The same person also complained it was too linear - while I haven't played those in several years, again Reach feels like the original Halo and I found that other than the Noble members telling you to hurry up with the objective, you could easily run around the edges of the environments and explore for a while.

My first time through was on 'easy' because I wasn't sure how hard it would be and I just wanted to get through it. That took me about 9 hours or so, not super long but IIRC, about the same length as Halo 2 was. I've started a 'normal' game now that I feel like my skills are a little more honed, and it's nice knowing where some of the more powerful weapons are hiding. No idea how long that will take since I am in school, but I will probably finish it at least once more.

Overall I really enjoyed this; I love the series and while online matches are awesome, my time is more limited now so it was nice having a solid campaign to fall back on. I hope this review helps others make their decision to purchase.
on April 1, 2017
Perfect buy 10 stars actually 10,000 stars one of my favorite halos by opinion I own all of them and this by far is my favorite this bundle is awesome comes with dlc armor and maps and a bunch of in box content that's cool to read and see can you go wrong with Halo ha nope never (except maybe halo 5 😬😕) perfect game for everyone if all ages great buy
review image
on January 29, 2013
Halo: Reach has it's own struggles, and limitations. I am going to leave the game out of this review, as it really has no bearing on buying the Limited Edition version. If you were only interested in the game you could buy the much more affordable standard edition.

The limited edition itself is absolutely gorgeous. The quality of the packaging, the heft of the product, and the included little bits of memorabilia are artfully done. I generally do not speak so highly of products like this, as I have worked for a decade in corporate level creative fields (Production Artist, Art Director, etc.), and am one of the first to balk at bad design. This edition is anything but. You can tell by the attention to detail that the team who put this together did so lovingly, and with a passion. Even if you're not a fan of the game you may want to add this to your collection as a reference point for measuring good design.
on September 5, 2017
I got a copy of this game when it came out, it got to a point where I played it so much the disc cracked in the middle. I got this to join Noble team again and to read Halsey's journal for the first time. Its Awesome
on June 21, 2012
First of all, I love the Halo story. Not so much the multiplayer. The journal and all of the goodies that come with the limited edition are nice quality. The journal and everything else makes it seem like the game actually happened in real life. The packaging is neat too! you have the main thing, which is the ONI black box and includes the game inside of it along with the goodies. The goodies are in black bubble wrap underneath the game. The wrap is like a little pouch, so you can put the stuff back into it. The wrap even has a Top Secret Sticker on it with info on the package and it's contents. The game's box is black, not the standard green Xbox case. It kinda has a hard time closing sometimes though. The disk art might be different too, I don't know. Now to the game. The campaign felt short and is a little bit repetitive, not too much though. It's not the run in , shoot, win style of CoD. you have to actually think things through and make a good strategy in some parts of the game. The Multiplayer is fun and has TONS of community content, However, it's not much like CoD and Battlefield's style. You can pic up weapons throughout the map and choose a weapons class sometimes, but not always. I don't play the Multiplayer much, so that's all I have to say.
on February 22, 2013
I'm a mother of two boys and bought this game for my older son. He loves Halo and I wanted to not just give him the game but find him a little something special with it. This is definitely special.
It elicited shrieks of happiness and literal jumps for joy! It has a ton of extra features that are really enveloping for a fan of the game and series like the journal. A cool addition that takes you a bit deeper into the story.

This is definitely a winning set and I would highly recomend it over the basic version. Especially if you're purchasing as a gift. Might as well go the extra mile and be a gift giving superhero!

It really is well packaged though, sturdy construction, doesn't look cheap at all, and seems like something you would treasure for years and years to come. I'm really happy with this and wish all games put this much care and effort into special packaging. It really reflects well on the franchise and shows an attention to detail you don't see all that often anymore.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.