$ 40 $19.99 Save $1.59 (8%)
FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Meet Noble Team. For the first time, players will fight alongside a squad of iconic Spartan soldiers, each with deadly talents as unique as their individual personalities and customized gear
- An intense campaign. Live the events that set the stage for the Halo trilogy as the UNSC and Covenant clash at the height of their military power
- Stunning technical advancements. Halo: Reach takes a massive leap forward through all-new engine technology designed to take full advantage of next-generation graphics, audio, special effects, AI and animation
- The definitive multiplayer experience. Halo: Reach builds on the success of its predecessors, setting a new standard for competitive gameplay, customization, variety and community integration
- Unparalleled feature suite. Halo: Reach expands on the industry-leading suite of features found in Halo 3, including four-player cooperative
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
“Halo: Reach” tells the tragic and heroic story of Noble Team, a group of Spartans, who through great sacrifice and courage saved countless lives in the face of impossible odds. The planet Reach is humanity’s last line of defense between the encroaching Covenant and their ultimate goal, the destruction of Earth. If it falls, humanity will be perched on the brink of destruction.Product Features
Top Customer Reviews
- Tried and true (Halo) FPS experience that many other games have copied over the years.
- Great Co-op Gameplay allows up to four players to go through the entire game from start to end.
- Great graphics which look way better than that of Halo 3 and ODST; also there are a lots of new animations for the characters as well as tons of new unique enemy voice work to boot.
- Vehicle and turret shooting are the same as ever (for a Halo game); which is good; but the nice addition here is the new helicopter type of vehicle and even a small section of the game where you can control a space fighter.
- Armor Abilities really help out and give you a new edge in combat. Also you have a night vision mode which works and looks like the one from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
- Intense multiplayer versus action either by yourself on a team; the mode has plenty of different options to choose from. This is a pretty good upgraded version of the famed Halo 3 multiplayer that now has new maps, modes, abilities, and graphics for you to enjoy.
- Fire Fight mode allows up to four players to fight waves of enemies on unique maps (based on those in the campaign) using team work and skill.
- Some slight lag and slight blurring at the more intensive moments in the game (with lots of things happening all at once).
- Can't play Forge maps in Fire Fight mode.
IF IT FITS YOUR TASTE:
- A Sci-Fi First Person Shooter with quick pacing and intense fire fights.Read more ›
1) I've been playing FPSes since before Wolfenstein 3D and Doom kicked off the contemporary genre as we know it. (I've been playing video games in one form or another since the early 1970s.)
2) The only aspect that interests me is the single player campaign. The last time I enjoyed multiplayer was Quake III on PC, around 10 years ago. None of my friends still game, and I quickly learned the hard way that playing online w/ anonymous strangers is a pit of snakes that I have no desire to subject myself to.
3) Halo 1 has been one of my all time favorite games since I first played it in June 2002. (My review from around that time is still there, if you care to dig for it...) For the record, my Bungie fandom began in 1995, when a co-worker gifted me with a copy of Marathon.
4) I have enjoyed each of the Halo sequels very much, but felt that they all fell short of the greatness of Halo 1 in various ways.
5) Halo 1 is still my favorite in the series and probably always will be, but of all of the subsequent entries, Reach comes the closest to matching its awesome radness. My expectations were sky high, and yet it managed to somehow exceed them. I've already played through the campaign at least four times and will play it many more times in years to come. Buy with confidence, even if you have no interest in multiplayer.
The campaign spoilers will go at the bottom of the review.
I'll put in some of the major stuff I've noticed but I'm sure I'll miss a lot.
There's a new graphics engine and the graphics in the game are superior to any other 4 player split screen game I've played, and I make a special effort to purchase as many of them as I can. The graphics are certainly not Killzone 2 level, but very high quality. MUCH better than Halo 3. I was very pleased when I played the BETA that the new engine still plays in HD when doing split-screen and that it's split horizontally. The blood and shield effects are very well done. You have a night vision mode instead of a flashlight now, similar to ODST. The sound effects are pretty darn good. They finally made the sound of a grenade somewhat deafening. The music, as usual, is very well done and adds a lot to the experience.
The new engineering packs have really added to the game and are what really makes Reach a different experience. Your options that you'll find in the campaign are sprint, hologram, bubble shield(that also heals you), cloaking that doesn't work well if you're moving quickly, what I'd call an ostrich or turtle shield that turns you invincible but immobile and unable to attack and a jetpack.Read more ›
You play Noble six a new spartan assigned to the team..then,when all hell breaks out on Reach..your team is put into action. Now the fun begins!
the game play on this entry in the halo saga does NOT dissapoint the combat is fast and intense..youll earn your stripes on this one.. the firefight mode is excellent and is my favorite its way better than halo:odst's in my opinion
the graphics here are stellar..although not as jaw dropping as halo 4 but,they are still something to behold..and since this is Bungie's last halo..they pulled out the stops..the animation is crisp and fluid the cut scenes and music are dynamic.. the online play is also very good..
you see some familiar faces for the "first time " like cortana..where you have to protect and deliver safely to capt keys of the pillar of autumn ( from the first halo) as well as dr halsey...and last but not least a brief glimpse of a new spartan named john117(you know who that is )
the last mission after the game credits end is called "lone wolf" where Noble six has to fight off the covenat forces alone on reach..basically a last stand..it adds to the tone of the game.. after that you get dr halsey giving a speech on the future and praise of the fallen spartans..
Bottom line..in my opinion enjoy the game, but also check out the book...its worth it!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It is a good game, my kids like it better then they thought they would.Published 29 days ago by Richard L Jones
I'm a fan of the entire halo franchise. Honestly though Halo ODST had disappointed me thoroughly and I bought this game not really expecting much. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Kero A-A
arrived quickly and spent many hours throwing sticky grenades as friends... much fun was had followed by booms xDPublished 2 months ago by Hijinkz
The disk was Halo ODST with the outer package saying it was Halo ReachPublished 2 months ago by OldDawg143