Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Control armies in a whole new way as strategy gaming meets the epic Halo universe
- Fight as either UNSC or Convent and employ everything from special Marine units and Warthogs to threatening Scarabs
- Experience smooth, intuitive controls and a friendly UI with a platform developed just for Xbox360
- Enter into skirmishes with up to six players via Xbox LIVE online support
- Premium edition includes three Halo 3 maps, Halo Wars: Genesis graphic novel, access to the Honor Guard Wraith, six Leader cards, and patch
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Halo Wars LE X360
Get your hands dirty in the early stages of the epic battle between UNSC and Covenant. Developed by Ensemble Studios, the Limited Collector's Edition of Halo Wars for Xbox 360 brings all the drama of a real-time strategy game to the popular Halo Universe. Set in the year 2531, before the initial Halo first-person shooter game, this game lets you control the human armies of UNSC in a whole new way.
Defense, offense, and the ability to hold down a command center in the face of hostile attacks: there's a lot to think about when laying out tactics for an all-out alien war. Featuring detailed environments and complicated new battle mechanisms, this game demands a different kind of perspective than the first-person shooters from the original Halo series. You'll need to uncover the hidden strengths and weaknesses of each unit and play them to your tactical advantage, and that's just the beginning.
UNSC: Be Part of a Legendary Conflict
The story opens with UNSC forces retaking the planet Harvest from the Covenant. At your disposal -- should you choose to take command of UNSC forces -- will be everything from a corps of highly-trained Marines to the Warthogs, Scorpions, and Hornets you'll need for air and land attacks. You'll take stock of the map and decide between holding your ground or advancing on enemy strongholds, all while trying to navigate the local terrain and outsmart Covenant forces. And when you need something extra to tip the tide in your favor, UNSC leaders can provide you with the ability to mobilize highly specialized units or call the Spirit of Fire vessel for support from above. And with this collector's edition, you also get access to the Honor Guard Wraith, a truly unique in-game vehicle with awesome capabilities.
Covenant: A Capable, Playable Enemy Faction
That's right, Covenant is playable in this corner of the Halo universe. This alliance of alien species has manipulated advanced technology, firepower, and tactical prowess into a powerful force that is engaged in a Genocidal war against human race, having branded humans as heretics. With the ability to play as these tough, alien fighters, you'll have advanced shield technology, the modular Citadel at the heart of Covenant's colonizing power, and, of course, the iconic Scarab attack vehicle at your disposal, adding a whole new dimension to your strategic warfare. The Scarab is a terrifying military vehicle crafted from heavy mining equipment. And with a mining laser that delivers massive damage across battlefields large and small, turrets for taking on air attacks, and the ability to clamber over any terrain, what's not to love about commanding Scarabs instead of fighting against them?
Developed Exclusively for Xbox 360
Most console RTS games are adapted from existing PC games, which can make their controls bulky or awkward, but Halo Wars has been developed for Xbox 360 from the ground up. This means the controls are sensitive, intuitive, and easy-to-operate in the midst of battle. And the UI is just as intuitive, so whether you're managing a unit of marines or a deadly machine, you can focus on creating a battle strategy instead of worrying about how to overcome a clumsy controller.
In addition to including the standard retail version of Halo Wars , this Collector's Edition includes:
- The Mythic Map Pack from Bungie with three new Halo 3 multiplayer maps: Assembly, Orbital, and Sandbox.
- Halo Wars: Genesis, a graphic novel by Phil Noto, Graeme Devine, and Eric Nylund that follows the Spirit of Fire and examines the very first UNSC military campaign against the Covenant
- Access to the Covenant Honor Guard Wraith in-game vehicle
- Six Leader Cards representing Leaders' with access to elite skills
- A Spirit of Fire Patch for identifying yourself as a real crew member
See all Product description
Top customer reviews
- There are only two controllable factions, the Human UNSC, and the Covenant. They are balanced quite differently, and play in dissimilar ways. Each is easy to learn, difficult to master.
- At the time of this review, there are only two game modes, standard and deathmatch. Standard by itself is more dynamic than deatmatch, which starts all players out at a maxed-out tech level and with all research already acquired, but a lower starting unit-cap. Standard starts all players at elevation zero.
- Unlike most RTS games, bases are limited to being constructed around an upgradeable hub with building slots, and there is only a single resource - supplies - which are auto-generated at (what else) supply pads and warehouses.
- The focus of the game is combat and armies, not turtling and research.
It's important to note that this game is quite unlike an RTS for the PC, and it will NOT play like a PC RTS. Throw any such expectation out the door.