Hamax Caress Child Bike Seat, Ultra-Shock Absorbing Frame or Rack Rear Mount, Adjustable to Fit Baby Through Toddler 9 mo - 48.5 lb. 35-Year Award Winning European Brand.
|Price:||$159.00 - $182.37|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Rear position seat for children 9 mo – 48.5* lb; All adjustable features designed for single-hand operation to ensure stability.
- Ultra-shock absorbing Frame Mount style (fits bike frames 28-40 mm) or Rack Mount style (fits cargo/rack carriers 120-180mm) with anti-theft locks.
- Safety-certified, award-winning Scandinavian design; Meets tough European and ASTM safety standards.
- Reclining seat for sleep positions from 0-20°; comfortable design allows room for helmet.
- Shipped from WA. Typical delivery in 5-7 business days.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Experience the Hamax Difference.
One Hand Adjustability for Safety
The Hamax Caress is the only rear child bike seat that enables single-handed adjustment of every feature so that you can always leave one hand on the bike for stability and safety. This includes the childproof safety buckle with adjustable straps, recline, backrest, foot rests and straps.
Grows with Your Child
Fits children from 9 months (approx. age when child can hold head upright without support) to approximately 6 years old (up to 48.5 pounds/22 kilograms). The back rest with attached non-slip, rubber-padded shoulder straps easily glides up or down to accommodate varied heights. The foot rests offer 10 height options with easy slide and click adjustment and quick-fasten/release foot straps.
Safety Certified. Award-Winning Design.
Awarded 'Best in Test!' by Dutch consumers, the Caress was praised for its comfort, generous suspension, adjustable features and safety reflector. Winner of the Red Dot Product Design Award and Taipei Cycle Gold Award for Design and Innovation. TUV and ASTM safety certified and phthalate-free.
Hamax Caress Quick Look
- One-Hand Adjustments for Safety.
- 20 Degree Sleep Recline.
- Shock-Absorbing Suspension.
- Ergonomic Helmet Recess.
- Non-Slip Shoulder Straps.
- Anti-Theft Locks.
- Seat Reflectors.
- Spoke Guards.
- Quick-Release for Easy Seat Removal.
- Safety Certified ASTM, TUV.
Comfort and Security for Your Little One
Reclines for Sleep
Simply twist the dial for a smooth seat tilt anywhere between 0-20 degrees to keep your child comfy while napping. You don’t even have to dismount to do it!
Ergonomic Head Position
The sleek and durable double-shell construction is designed with a helmet recess area that allows the child’s head to sit comfortably without being pushed forward.
Ultra Shock-Absorbing Suspension
To protect your child from jarring riding conditions, the Frame Mount option has a dual-bar steel suspension system and the Rack Mount option boasts built-in dual springs for a smooth ride. The seat is lined with a soft, easy-to-clean, removable 2-piece seat padding.
- Position: Rear Seat.
- Weight Capacity: 48.5 lb (22 kg).
- Warranty: 3-Years.
- Mount Options: Frame & Rack.
- Made of 100% recyclable, phthalete-free materials.
- Accessories Available.
Fits Most Bike Styles
The Hamax Caress Rear Child Bike Seat comes in two mounting options to fit the widest variety of bike styles. Use the 'size' selector just below the 'color' selector to choose the ideal mounting option for your bike:
(1) Frame Mount (w/ Bracket): Mounts to the bike frame with a dual-bar steel suspension system and lockable bracket, fitting most 28-40 mm bike frames. With the simple push of a button, you can secure the anti-theft lock and take the keys with you. The quick-disconnect design allows you to easily remove the seat from your bike, and acquiring a second lockable bracket allows you to quickly transfer the seat between bikes. This style is not compatible with most e-bikes or carbon frames.
(2) Rack Mount (W/ Carrier Adapter): Secures to a pre-installed cargo/luggage/carrier rack with a dual-spring suspension adapter, fitting racks 120-180 mm wide with a minimum 55 pound capacity. Its innovative twist-closure design allows for tool-free installation and dismounting to transfer between bikes (with rack). This style accommodates e-bikes, carbon or non-standard frames with an installed cargo/luggage/carrier rack.
* Hamax USA Customer Service is happy to help with any fitting issues post-purchase.
|Certified TUV/GS for EN14344 and ASTM F-1625||✔||✔||Meets all applicable standards|
|Weight Capacity||48.5 lbs/22 kg||48.5 lbs/22 kg||33 lbs/15 kg|
|FEATURES DESIGNED FOR ONE-HANDED OPERATION||All||Most||All|
|- Adjustable Sliding Backrest||✔|
|- Reclining Dial up to 20 Degrees||✔|
|- Padded Non-Slip Straps with Childproof Safety Buckle and 3-point Harness||✔||✔||✔|
|- Adjustable Foot Rests and Quick-Fasten/Release Foot Straps||✔||✔||✔|
|Ultra-Shock Absorbing Suspension||✔||Frame Mount Only||N/A|
|Anti-Theft Lock and Keys||✔||✔|
Explore, experience, together! Available for the first time in the U.S, the Hamax Caress Child Bike Seat exemplifies Scandinavian design and safety standards to protect the most precious cargo you will ever have. A rear-position seat, the Caress is available in both FRAME MOUNT and RACK MOUNT options – be sure to review more product information below to determine which is best for you. The Hamax Caress is set apart by its sleek, modern design that accommodates the needs of a growing family. The seat back, foot rests, foot straps and 3-pt harness offer easy adjustability for children from 9 mo to 48.5 lb. Every adjustable feature is designed to enable quick, single-handed adjustments so that you can always leave one hand on the bike to ensure stability. Anti-theft locks with keys, a reflective back and optional spoke guard attachments provide added security and peace of mind. Unprecedented comfort features include integrated, changeable padding, helmet cutout and reclining seat for sleep positions from 0-20°. Hamax Caress Child Bike Seats are easy to assemble (tools included), and are safety certified (TUV/GS mark for EN14344, ASTM F-1625), phthalate-free and manufactured in accordance with all chemical requirements (CPSA/CPSIA, ASTM, EN and REACH). Hamax is one of the largest and most recognized names in child bike seats in Europe, and the Caress model was recently awarded “Best in Test!” by a Dutch consumer group with participants lauding its comfort, generous suspension, adjustable features and back reflector. *48.5 lb weight limit based on mandatory European standards. 40 lb weight limit based on optional US standards. Box labeled in accordance with optional US standards.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Cons: I don't know if the seat-tube mounted versions have this same problem, but with the bike rack adapter, the seat itself is only attached to the rack adapter by a plastic peg. The plastic peg is probably effective enough in making sure the seat doesn't come apart from adapter, but it does a terrible job of keeping the bike seat stable in the front to back and side-to-side movements. So if you shake the seat laterally, it has a lot of play. This affects bike handling, especially on turns, as the seat itself will lean with the child to the outside of the turn. For me, this is a big enough Con that I will consider returning it, if I can.
The Hamax brand is very popular in Europe - my wife knew the brand from when she was an au pair in Norway. It took her a few days to convince me that this was worth the price. Shopped around and for the features we wanted, no other brands in this price range offered as much as the Hamax. They recently became available to purchase here in the States. If you are looking for a top quality bike seat to keep your child safe - highly recommend this one. Buy the additional bracket so you can easily switch the bike seat between adult bikes. Get out there and enjoy introducing your kid to the joys of cycling !
There are adjustments for feet,
Most recent customer reviews
It’s really well designed and durable.Read more