Hamilton Beach 2-Slice Toaster - Brushed Metal
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Smudgeproof brushed finish
- Versatile functions-cancel, bagel and defrost buttons
- Cool touch exterior
- Auto shutoff
- Extra-wide slots
There is a newer model of this item:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Hamilton Beach 2 Slice Toasters are popular not only for their expert toasting performance-they also look great in your kitchen. Wider slots and smart buttons allow you to uniformly toast and warm bagels, English muffins and other breads, and advanced toasting technology ensures consistent results with each use.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Pros:1. The toasting is what it should be. If the knob is turned to 3 (1-4) it's perfectly Brown. I tried my blueberry bagels and they fit easily and extra. I don't use the bagel button cause I like both sides toasted but it works too.
2. Ok that "chemical smell these fools are talking about is a lie. Anytime you buy any toaster NEW it will have the same 1st time smell. It's not even a big deal. Barely can even smell it then it's gone...so don't fret. If it didn't have that smell it means it be USED.
3. Dude...it's under $30
4. Looks nice near my other black and silver appliances
5. Power supply cord is I'm about 2 ft...no reason to be longer!
6. I could definitely see how my old one slowly lost power over 20 years of use because when I turned this on the red electrical lines had a nice red glow
6. Just get it if this is your$$ range
I'm not positive but I feel like the knob (1-4) will probably give out meaning not responding in correlation with the number to toaster...soo just leave it on 3 and that's fine for my bread. Pretty much stick to a number and you'll be fine. My bagels are "Thomas blueberry pre sliced bagels" (average thickness of a good bagel) and it fit perfect.
I'll write another review a few months later
But what I *really* want is for HB to tell me how to repair it! I will bet they have had this happen to dozens if not hundreds of these toasters, and they know exactly what the problem is, and how to fix it; but their lawyers won't let them tell a moderately handy consumer like me, lest I botch the repair and burn my house down. So now this gently used appliance is going to the landfill; it's a shame...
On the other hand, I have been a magnet for lousy toasters over the past twenty years or so. Some of the expensive ones I bought had wonderful construction but couldn't bake their way out of a paper bag. So, I am very, very pleased to have a toaster that evenly browns toast, waffles, bagels, et al. In summary, your most earnest consideration of this unit would surely be wise.
This toaster is very consistent, always toasts both sides the same way.
My friend's elderly parents were complaining about how they toaster worked and were frustrated having to watch their toaster all the time and never getting the toast done right. So I bought them one of these toasted and they were thrilled. Her father called me up the next morning and said "It really makes toast". Oh, the little things that make people happy.