Top critical review
3 people found this helpful
Less functional, more expensive alternative to basic model.
on August 23, 2015
Does not work for us. We have used a prior version of Hamilton Beach 25332 Easy-Clean Indoor Grill for over a decade, and have been very happy with it. The surface of the non-stick coating was coming off, and we were looking to upgrade. Mistake.
Pros- Well made, easy to use, cooks great.
- Specific temperature setting
- Setup to grill at 500 degrees for 90 seconds then drop to the set temperature for the desired time.
Cons - Grill plates not removable for cleaning
- The previous grill had a timer to set to shut the grill off when done, this one keeps running until you turn it off.
- We have standard counter size - surface 25in depth, cupboard depth 12 inches and up 14 inches from the counter surface - THE GRILL ONLY IS BARELY ABLE TO OPEN TO ACCESS GRILL SURFACE. VERY difficult to use without the lid closing on our hands.
- Drips on the counter when trying to clean, which our old one did not.
- Their cleaning method of putting a wet paper towel on the grill seriously steams our cabinets - I fear with as much as we use it, the steam will ruin the cabinets, and this method does not clean the grill very well.
- Much more work than Hamilton Beach 25332 Easy-Clean Indoor Grill
We bought it, tried to adjust to it for two weeks - we will keep it, box it up to give to somebody, maybe put it on a family re-gift list. Order placed for Hamilton Beach 25332 Easy-Clean Indoor Grill today.