Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 28 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 34 reviews
on December 12, 2013
The only reason I did not give this five-stars was because even though I followed directions to 'brown' the turkey first, and it was fully cooked, it did not brown the turkey. HOWEVER, it made a deliciously moist turkey that all enjoyed. Easy clean-up and did not get hot to contact on the outside of the oven! Very pleased! Left the main oven free for all the side dishes.
on March 9, 2014
I purchased this in October 2011 I used it an average of three times per month and in January of 2014 it started burning everything. The temperature just goes on autopilot and it never stops getting hotter. Burned everything I tried to cook in it so I could not use it any longer. I am looking for another one.

When it was working It would quickly get hot enough to sautee onions in the pot, and I liked that very much because I like to toast barley and pre cook other ingredients as I build a stew. Many of the roasting ovens this size do not get hot enough to do that.

Anyway I really liked it, I just wish it lasted longer. The most I used it was 80 to 100 times.
on April 16, 2010
I purchased two, one for me one for my mom. One arrived with a small ding in the lid. Not big enough to go through any hassle. The metal is thin and flimsy, but I bet they all are. I've used mine once so far to warm up a large quantity of spaghetti sauce that had been refrigerated overnight. It took a long time to warm up and cook on the stove, as it did to reheat it the next day in the roaster oven. The cord is extremely short, so I had to use an extension cord on the buffet table. The roaster holds enough sauce to serve about 60 people.

I had read reviews of other roaster ovens so I knew that the first time you turn it on there would be a smell. The manual does mention it, but does not tell you what to do about it. So before using it for my sauce, I filled less than half full of water and heated it for several hours on 200 until the smell dissipated. After that, all you could smell was my yummy sauce.

I will have to write another review when I find out if a turkey really will fit in there. So far, it's served its purpose and I'm pleased. I would have been happier if it were available in local stores like Target or Walmart so I wouldnt have had to pay ridiculous shipping charges.
on April 6, 2011
I haven't used my roaster for roasting yet, but that isn't what I bought it for. I always have liked preparing large recipes in my slow cooker for freezing but was frustrated by the size limitations. I purchased the roaster so I could prepare even larger recipes of our favorites such as pulled pork, chili, soups and stews. It should also come in handy when we have large groups of visitors. I liked the design of the Hamilton Beach, especially the buffet pans, and have found it meets my expectations.
on May 9, 2013
This roaster is a good value for the money. I have not used it very much yet; seems to work very well though. The inserts are great! My older roasters (same brand) all have longer legs/feet...this one, altho it looks like it has legs/feet, are basically non-existent. They are perhaps 1/4". I feel it is a nice feature to be able to have the roaster sit up off the counter more than that. I have no idea why the company would decrease the height of the roaster.
on March 11, 2013
This has the features that I need ( except for a domed lid). That would be nice for a turkey or ham. I have some experimentation to do with it but so far I have made some pretty good ribs in it. I purchased it specifically to make large batches of foods like chili or soup to freeze in 2 person servings and it is perfect for that.
on October 2, 2013
I needed a large roaster for big batches of tomato sauce, tomato soup concentrate, applesauce, pears etc. this is so much nicer than having multiple crock pots all over the kitchen. The controls work great and the quality is excellent.
on September 14, 2014
Great for large crowd to cook beans or chili or stews or fajitas. Like having the removable separating units for chicken, beef, & veggies when serving fajitas.We have an older model that is much more sturdy but does not have compartment trays. Lid on new one dents easily. Both take up lots of storage room but wonderful when you need them.
on April 24, 2013
My old Hamilton Beach roaster oven finally give up the ghost after 15 some odd years. This new replacement is just as nice and working fine. I wouldn't buy any other brand/type of roaster oven. It is easy to use and very easy to clean. It is my second oven when the family gathers at grandma's house.
on April 22, 2013
Works great and cooks evenly. Easy to clean and does not get to hot on the outside. Should have bought one sooner. Now can cook large amounts of food instead of using a tall pot. Great for preparing foods for canning purposes.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.