Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Hamilton Beach 40865 Glass Electric Kettle, 1.7-Liter" and save 63% off the $60.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $11.94 shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Appliance Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new products purchased at Amazon within the last 30 days
Hamilton Beach 40865 Glass Electric Kettle, 1.7-Liter
|Price:||$26.54 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$2.46 (8%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Cord-free serving
- Auto shutoff with boil-dry protection
- Wide opening for easy cleaning,The modern soft blue illumination in the glass kettle along with a brushed, stainless steel base is compact, space-saving and looks great on the kitchen counter.
- Built-in mesh filter,Dimensions (inches): 9.88 H x 8.63 W x 6.25 D
- Glass sides & Stainless steel accents
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Hamilton Beach 40865 Glass Electric Kettle
Tea? Hot chocolate? Instant soup? If you have a taste for it, the Hamilton Beach 1.7 liter Glass Kettle can have it ready in minutes, incorporating the best of Good Thinking. With 1500 watts, this electric kettle can boil water faster than a microwave, and is safer to use than a stovetop kettle because it automatically turns off when the water reaches a boil. The modern soft blue illumination in the glass kettle along with a brushed, stainless steel base is compact, space-saving and looks great on the kitchen counter. Serving at the table is no problem as the kettle lifts right off the 360-degree rotating base without the cord. The powerful rapid-boil system provides fast heating from any standard outlet and the auto shut-off function helps keep the kettle from boiling dry. 1.7 liter Glass Kettle features a stay-cool handle, push-button lid and easy-pour spout that make filling and serving easy. A cord wrap is under the base for space-saving storage when not in use.
- Faster than a microwave, safer than a stovetop kettle
- Auto shutoff with boil-dry protection
- Extra-large capacity for multiple servings
- Wide opening for easy cleaning
- Built-in mesh filter
- Glass sides
- Stainless steel accents
- One touch on/off switch
Automatic Safety Elements Protect from Damage and Overheating
Concerned about the kettle discoloring or boiling dry? No worries, this electric kettle is equipped with safety devices to give you the ease and peace of mind during and after use. Also, if the kettle is accidentally switched on without being filled with water first, don’t fret. The kettle’s automatic safety setting will automatically switch off.
Compare to similar items
With 1500 watts and automatic shutoff, the Hamilton Beach 1.7 Glass Electric Kettle is fasterthan a microwave and safer than a stovetop kettle. The soft blue illumination along with a brushed, stainless steel base looks great on the kitchen counter.
Top customer reviews
This little baby is still going strong! She has served me so well for exactly 18 months now and is only just starting to show a little wear and tear. The metal strip that goes from the hinge at the lid, down and along the handle has started pulling away ever so slightly and there's a little bit of rust there - I'm guessing its from steam escaping from the lid. No big deal though. Apart from that, I am still extremely pleased with my purchase. I could not get by without my two or sometimes three, cups of tea every day. I'd be lost without this. This, and Yorkshire teabags from Amazon. Mmm.
I even still get a kick out of the funky blue light. Best purchase ever!
After moving to the U.S, it wasn't long before I realized that a bag of Lipton just did not cut it, because us Brits; we love our tea! I was also surprised that at stores such as Walmart/Target etc, there really isn't a vast choice of electric kettles on offer either. But I get it, coffee is by far the more popular choice...
So my quest began about 6 years ago when I ended up buying a run of the mill electric kettle from a big box store. That guy finally gave up earlier this year though and so I turned to... Where else, but here of course, for a new one - and Amazon never fails to disappoint!
Here are a few points that impressed me about this item:
* Being familiar with the Hamilton Beach brand, their standard of quality met my expectations. None of the components feel cheap or flimsy. This kettle is well built.
* I was a bit wary about the glass on this kettle however. Initially I thought it might be too fragile and break easily but I've had no problems with that at all and on the contrary, it actually seems quite hard wearing.
* I really like the design. The stainless steel finish and the pretty blue light inside the look really cool.
* It's boils water quite fast. Probably less than 60 seconds I'd say, and it automatically turns off upon reaching boiling point. Just remember to snap the lid on firmly after filling it to ensure the water doesn't run dry!
*i found the price to be really fair - not expensive at all.
My husband are so happy with this purchase - it has even encouraged him to start grinding whole beans and using a French press for his much needed cup of coffee too. Now he says he'll never go back to instant or a Keurig pod.
So in conclusion, this is a great buy - one I'm so happy to come across on Amazon for a great price and one that can do justice to my precious, authentic English tea bags! :) (Yorkshire Tea by the way if anyone's interested).
Feel free to comment if you have any questions.
I've owned this kettle for little over a month and am very happy with this purchase. It's rated at 1500W, so I just need to remember not to use my toaster (on the same circuit) while boiling water. Since it boils .5 liters in less than two minutes, I don't need to wait too long before making toast. Other than at breakfast, this kettle is put to use at least two or three times every evening and all throughout the day on weekends.
The glass construction is sturdy and flaw-free, while the stainless steel heating plate stands up well to the (somewhat hard) San Jose water. Every couple of weeks I'll swish around some white vinegar and the kettle is once again like new.
For those concerned with BPAs, there is a small mesh screen for the pouring spout, and appears easy to detach from the lid if not wanted. I do not notice any plastic odors or flavors from leaving it in place.
I do like the blue LED illuminating the kettle, it's evocative of a traditional kettle over a gas flame. The kettle automatically shuts off roughly ten seconds after reaching a full, rolling boil.
A very good value.
It is very easy to clean and once I've used it I usually let the lid stay open to remove the condensation and then I shut it. I clean it about once a week seeing as I'm just boiling water with it. The only cord is attached to the base so it does not affect the kettle in any way once the water is done boiling and you need to use it. I love the auto shut off feature because I tend to be scatter brained at times so the fail safe is nice! I also use this in the morning to make hot water for my americanos from our espresso machine. It is so handy and I'm very pleased with it!