Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now

Color: Stainless Steel|Package Quantity: 1|Change
Price:$39.99+ $11.45 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 1,568 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,746 reviews
on July 9, 2013
To people who have never used and electric kettle, this thing must seem amazing. Let me just tell you about my experience though. The cord is so short that you have to put it right next to an outlet. If you are ok with that and have spare outlets on a kitchen counter that should not be a problem for you.

Secondly the kettle size is very misleading. It looks huge on the outside but only carries about 2 coffee cups worth of water so you have to constantly refill it if you use the standard British size cup for your tea.

Lastly, and the reason for me writing this review, my kettle now will not work. I've only had it since February 2013 (5 months) and have been using electric kettles for decades. This is the shortest live kettle that I've ever had, and yes I always fill it above the minimum. The warranty should still be in effect but I may just buy a cheaper kettle with a longer cord that can hold more water.

Disappointed on the whole.
on September 6, 2013
I got sick of running downstairs to the kitchen every time I wanted a cup of tea at the end of the day. Or, sometimes the middle of the night, as the Yogi Kava Stress Relief has become my go-to, non-drowsy-non-headachy-the-next-day, natural sleep aid. I have a small refrigerator in my bedroom, and I put this kettle with my teas on a silver tea tray on top of it. Perfect and convenient!

I have really been trying to eliminate plastics in the kitchen/food storage area. It's almost impossible to completely avoid it, but I figure every little bit helps reduce contact with nasty, breast cancer causing chemicals. At the very least, eliminating hot beverages coming in contact with plastic is a no-brainer.

The view window on the kettle is plastic, but somehow I think they've managed to keep the hot water out of contact with it. As nearly as I can tell, anyway. The inside of the kettle has a smooth, stainless steel plate covering where the handle is attached, which is where the view window is located. It seems as though a small amount of water is siphoned off to the view window area, but the main vessel where the water is hot is all stainless. They include a spout filter that is metal mesh and plastic, to reduce scale, but that pops out for cleaning and I just left it out. I use filtered water for tea anyway, so I don't anticipate a real scale issue. And as others have noted, the heating element is outside, making cleaning a snap. You also don't have to fit it just so when placing it on the element. There is just a small mound in the middle, which the hole in the kettle fits right over.

I ran 3 kettles full of tap water through before my first pot that I drank, as per the directions, and there is NO discernible flavor! Yay! And I have a crazy-hyper sense of smell, so ANY off flavor is not going to pass my palate test!

The cord is short, but I would assume that's a good thing. They recommend unplugging it when not in use. Yeah, umm, sure. They also recommend dumping the water out each time so the idle kettle remains empty, to reduce the advent of the dreaded scale monsters. Again, yeah...never gonna happen. The whole point of this contraption is to reduce my trips down to the kitchen, not increase them. If you don't use the kettle daily, you might not want to leave water just sitting there for days on end. But otherwise, I chalk these little recommendations up to the "CYA" portion of the legal-eze.

If you wait for the kettle to complete it's full cycle, which includes a rolling boil, and the kettle then shutting itself off, it takes about 7-8 minutes filled to the "Max" line, with room temp-ish water. However, any self-respecting tea drinker knows that rolling boil is too hot for most teas. You can hear the water heating up, and when it starts to quiet down, I flip the switch off, and brew my tea. The first pot I made was at the FULL boil, and it was way too hot to drink, even if you had used it for instant coffee or Ramen noodles. The time to reach the hot-enough-to-make-a-beverage-but-not-scald-your-lips-off-your-face temperature is significantly less, about in the 3-4 minute range, though I haven't timed it exactly.

LOVE the pour spout, by the way! It does NOT leak! And the handle is ergonomically positioned so as to not feel like it weighs a ton when full.

Oh ya--like the other reviewer said--just put a finger or two on the lid when you pop the button open, and it won't fling water. It's not rocket science, but some seemed to struggle with this. All in all, I'm pleased so far (only been a few days) with this little kettle! If that should change with time, I'll update.
on February 27, 2014
This kettle seemed nice for a while,especially as I was looking for a stainless steel and not a plastic one. I've been using it on a daily basis and it was doing the job - some features weren't very convenient, like the water gauge being hidden under the handle, or the minimum amount of water being very high (1L!), which is not very efficient in terms of electricity and waiting time for the water to boil. But now it's been in use for two months and developed quite a lot of brown dots at the bottom which look suspiciously like rust. I can't send it back - it's too late, and so I guess I'll have to accept the fact that you get what you pay for. Too bad.
on July 17, 2014
This is a nice device for the price.
Pros:
- It's got a clean stainless look that goes well with other appliances in my kitchen.
- Heats water quickly
- Gets water boiling, not just warm
- Shuts itself off
- Small footprint
- Light, but sturdy heating base

Cons:
- Loud
- The pour spout is designed for rapid pouring. If you're trying to make it pour slow, it's almost impossible. Great for making a large batch of tea. lousy for making a single cup.
- Minimum amount it 1 liter at a time. Again, great for making large batches, not single cups.

Overall: A good buy. I would recommend it if you want to quickly heat water to make a lot of something.
on June 6, 2015
Looking for an alternative to boil water and possibly take on vacation in lieu of disgusting hotel room coffee pot- did a bit of research. This model is what I came up with. I had narrowed it down to this one and one other, and this one won because the reviews said it boiled faster than the other one I was looking at. This one was $10 more. Meh... you get what you pay for I guess.

I gave it 4 stars because it's made in China... and well... we'll see how long it lasts. :D

My first impression is that it is a bit cheap looking at first glance. But upon further approach it appears to be well constructed. I don't know what else to describe except the pros and cons of reviews on other products.

The base is good- the kettle lifts off without the base coming with it and is easily placed back on without having to fiddle with alignment.

It definitely has a short cord. I have a spot for it- so it's okay that it's short.

Sound- some people complained kettles sound like a freight train. Well- um... if you put a lot of power into a small vessel with a lid and only the spout for venting... boiling water is going to be noisy.

Auto shut off works well as of so far.

Stainless Steel- kettle body and walls are stainless, very little contact with plastic- which is preferred.

There is a plastic window to let you know how much water is in the kettle (mix and max etc) but it goes through a small hole with a small gasket to the window area. I have no issue with this qty of plastic.

Heating element is fully enclosed.

Size of lid opening- it's small- I can barely fit my hand in. I only know this because I knocked the scale filter off the spout. But honestly- you should only be using this for WATER so why would it get dirty other than scale and such?

I would not leave water in it for long periods of time regardless what it's made of.

Long story short- this is definitely a minor luxury item. I have always boiled water on the stove and this item is much faster. I even used it to heat up the water for my oatmeal. It was awesome. I mainly bought this to take on vacation so I don't have to use the nasty coffee pot in the hotel room (I use a coffee cone and prefer not to drink the toilet water coffee available in the hotel lobby HA HA HA HA!). But as I was running the initial water cycles through to be able to use it- I reallllllllly like how fast it is! So I will definitely be using this every day.

I wish it had a whistling feature, instead of just a boil hard and barely audible shut off click. But that's personal and not a reflection of the product itself.
on August 4, 2015
I love this kettle. My old tea kettle was the on-the-stove type, and it took FOREVER to boil water. This thing boils water in a snap. Also, I don't want a lot of plastic in contact with my tea water (or any of my food/drinks, really). This is especially important with HOT water, in my opinion. And this pot is 99% good, in that department. The only places where plastic touches the hot water is at the (removable) pour spout screen, and where the water-level gauge connects. Otherwise the water boils in a totally stainless environment.
High quality, well made, easy operation. Very satisfied. :)
on June 11, 2013
I initially was happy with the product, it heated water very quickly. Unfortunately, I realized that a metallic or plastic smell and taste with my tea was due to the kettle. Before use, I followed the instructions and then some for preparing the kettle before use. I determined that it was not worth using for tea; sadly, after the 30 day return period.
on August 19, 2014
My microwave finally stopped working and instead of getting a new one I've decided to not use one at all anymore. I love this electric kettle! It's fast and easy. Press one little button and I quickly have my morning tea and again for a relaxing evening cup. All of the things I used a microwave for are easy enough to handle another way but heating water with this kettle I really don't need or miss a microwave.
on April 21, 2014
I use this daily to heat water for fresh coffee or cups of tea. Another review said the button that lifts the top is fragile and that's true. But I pour water down the spout and watch the water level gauge. The button works and then doesn't. But the electric kettle works and works. Looks good too. Shines up clean. Hamilton Beach should fix that button but the rest of the pot is perfect.
on August 20, 2015
I love this electric kettle. I bought it for my office to share with co-workers. Perfect for making tea, instant soups, oatmeal, etc. Sometimes you want a large supply of boiling water instead of the microwave oven. This is perfect. Love that it automatically shuts off too.