Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Hamilton Beach 43254 Ensemble 12-Cup Coffeemaker w..." and save 14% off the $69.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Hamilton Beach 43254 Ensemble 12-Cup Coffeemaker with Glass Carafe, Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 12-cup coffeemaker with user-friendly control panel and digital display
- Programmable clock/timer for "wake-up" coffee; brew-pause function
- Glass carafe with stay-cool handle, measuring marks, and drip-free pour spout
- Nonstick hot plate; 2-hour automatic shut-off for safety; easy-to-clean removable parts
- Measures approximately 11 by 8 by 14 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Color||Black||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Brushed Chrome||Black||Red|
|Item Dimensions||8 x 11 x 14 in||9.75 x 12.2 x 14.75 in||11 x 9.75 x 16.5 in||9 x 7.75 x 14 in||14.09 x 9.06 x 12.4 in||7.87 x 13.11 x 13.78 in|
|Item Weight||—||6.75 lbs||7.5 lbs||6.8 lbs||5.35 lbs||6.94 lbs|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Plastic||Plastic||Stainless Steel|
Combine function and fashion with the Hamilton Beach 12 cup Classic Stainless Steel accented coffee maker. The coffee maker has accelerated brewing and chlorine removing water filter to enhance the taste of your morning beverage. The drip free carafe eliminates spills.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have owned it for about six weeks now and have not been disappointed. I think the H-B coffee maker offers a good value and good design for its price. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but for me that's an advantage. I don't want a coffee maker that buys and grinds the beans, fills itself , and makes coffee at precisely 7.45 a.m. Those sorts of appliances have too many flaws, in my opinion (viz. the Cuisinart), too many moving parts (hence things that can go wrong), and too many features that I never use. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a user-friendly appliance at a fair price.
Addendum: It is 6/14/13 and this coffee maker has died. 3 1/2 years isn't much of a lifetime, but it worked well right up to the end.
1. It's big. Surprisingly big. If you're expecting this to fit under your cabinet, you should reconsider; while it will fit when it's closed, there's no way you'll be able to fill it unless you pull it all the way out from under the cabinet (see #2).
2. The entire top of the unit is hinged and needs to be open in order to set it up. When closed, the unit is 14" high; when opened, it's TWENTY-TWO INCHES HIGH. You can't open it partially, either, because the opening to fill the water tank is right below the hinge in the back.
3. The opening to fill the tank is 2.5" x 2". Seriously, I just measured it. So you're holding a carafe full of water at shoulder level or higher and aiming for a hole that's the size of a large egg at the very back of the unit (see #4b for details on what makes this even worse than it sounds).
4. The carafe is poorly designed:
a. it has a non-removable lid. If you're able to take the lid off, you have just broken off one (or both) of the pins that hold it in place on the carafe.
b. theres' a lip around the top edge of the carafe that makes it hard to clean and challenging to pour from - if the spout isn't pointed straight down, it splashes everywhere.
5. The coffee basket is small; when you fill it enough to make a full pot of coffee (using store-bought already-ground coffee and a paper filter), the water/grounds overflow and end up in the carafe. If you use the washable mesh filter designed for this model, it overflows even when you're making less than a full pot.
6. It COOKS the coffee. When the coffee is first brewed, it's hot but not scalding hot. The longer you let the coffee sit after it finishes brewing, the hotter it gets. Within 10 minutes, you SMELL burning coffee and if you wait much longer, you'll TASTE burned coffee.
7. The unit generates a LOT of steam; when the brewing cycle finishes, you won't be able to see the clock on the front for a while because it's steamed over. If you open the lid at that point, several tablespoons of condensation will drip down the lid and into the water chamber causing the unit to percolate more water through the grounds and into the carafe. Not the end of the world, but not great design either.
For all that, the timer on the unit works nicely and...it's a nice matte black color with brushed nickel accents. After reading my own comments, I changed this from 2 stars to 1 and revised the title from "not so great" to "awful".
Seriously, you'd be better off getting something at your local drugstore for half the price.