Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Hamilton Beach 51101B Personal Blender with Travel Lid, Black
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- NOTE:Kindly refer the video and user manual available in this page before use for troubleshooting support.
- Compact design ideal for small living spaces and on-the-go portability
- Great for making smoothies, shakes, baby formula, marinades and salad dressings
- 14-oz. blending jar also functions as portable travel cup that fits most car drink holders
- Efficient 175-watt motor provides all the power you need for fast, reliable performance
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Manufacturer
Rushing through breakfast or skimping on your health with vending machine drinks is no way to start out the day or live a healthy lifestyle. Instead, invest in a personal-size blender that makes it easy to have a nutritious beverage on the go. That's right, the Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender delivers all the delicious-tasting flavors of restaurant smoothies and frozen drinks at a fraction of the price.
What’s more, this little blender lets you personalize your recipes, perfect your mixology skills and control your portions, all in one. With its durable stainless steel blades and pulse blending action, it’s fully equipped to prepare a variety of great-tasting smoothies, shakes and more.
Don't let its space-saving design fool you. The versatile blending container functions as a mixing jar one minute and doubles as a portable travel mug with attachable drinking lid the next. For a lightweight, easy-to-use, inexpensive personal blender, the Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender is well worth the investment. Just imagine all the recipe possibilities, extra storage room and money you're saving.
- Compact design ideal for small living spaces and on-the-go portability.
- Great for making smoothies, shakes, baby formula, marinades and salad dressings.
- Efficient 175-watt motor provides all the power you need for fast, reliable performance.
- 14-oz. blending jar also functions as portable travel cup that fits most car drink holders.
- BPA free in food zones: blender jar contains no BPA (bisphenol A).
- Drinking lid with spout allows for easy sipping.
- Durable, stainless steel cutting blades easily blend smoothies and shakes using either frozen or fresh fruit in the mixture.
- Sturdy base rests on any surface.
- Simple one-touch operation with On/Pulse button.
- Jar and lid are dishwasher safe.
- Convenient wrap-around cord tucks away for easy storage.
Take It Wherever You Go
Tired of lugging around extra cups while you're on the go? You're in luck. The Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender provides ultimate drink versatility and portability. It serves as a stationary blending jar during blending mode, and a detachable travel mug with lid that lets you drink straight from the jar and fits in most car cup holders. Extremely compact, it’s perfect for traveling with you to work, games or sporting events and it’s ideal for small living spaces.
No need to spend extra money on larger blenders with added bells and whistles, when one simple push-button touch will do. With an ON/PULSE button, the Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender allows you to make smooth, evenly blended drinks to your desired consistency and taste every time, no matter which fruits or vegetables you choose to use.
Convenient, Healthy Options
With the zillions of smoothie and drink options available today, selecting the ideal blend of nutrition, ingredients and flavor for the perfect-size drink can be a jumbo-size task. Now, you can stop looking and say good riddance to paying too much for smoothies. The Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender delivers the satisfaction of a healthy treat in delicious drink form at no-frills prices. It comes with measuring lines on the front of the jar, which gives you the freedom and flexibility to mix up your ingredients, guess less and blend more.
|Hamilton Beach Personal Blender with Travel Lid||Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender with 2 Jars and 2 Lids||Hamilton Beach Stainless Single Serve Blender with Travel Lid||Hamilton Beach Stay or Go Blender with 32-Oz Jar, 2 Potable 16-Oz Jars & 8-Oz Chopper|
|Blending jar also functions as portable travel cip||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|BPA free in food zones||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Simple one-touch operation||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Colors available||Black, blue, red, & green||White||Balck/silver||Black/gray|
|Jar material||BPA free plastic||BPA free plastic||Stainless steel||BPA free plastic|
|Number of jars included||1||2||1||3|
Hamilton Beach Single Serve Blenders feature durable stainless steel blades that blend your favorite drinks in seconds. Use the travel cup to blend drinks to go anytime, or fill the whole jar with fresh ingredients for family and friends. Cleanup couldn't be simpler place the cup or blending jar right in the dishwasher.
Manufacturer: Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc
Manufacturer Part Number: 51101B
Manufacturer Website Address:
Brand Name: Hamilton Beach
Product Model: 51101B
Product Name: 51101B Table Top Blender
Product Type: Table Top Blender
Capacity: 6 fl oz Jar
Features: Dishwasher Safe
Material: Stainless Steel Blade
Top Customer Reviews
Update: we got the new blender and it is working out great. You just have to be careful to pulse the blender as you go along, and stop for a few seconds (10?) if you start to smell the motor smell. Ice is blended into drinks very well, with no big chunks. The only downside is the no dishwasher requirement. I feel pretty tempted to try it, but as this is already the second blender I will resist.
I was reading some of the other reviews complaining about several things, and I wanted to address my thoughts on those issues after having used one of these for about 2 years.
Leaking around the lid: I just now filled it 3/4 full of water to test it out, since I usually make smoothies or shakes with it, and they are much too thick to leak. Yes, it will leak a bit around the slide cover of the travel lid, if you are blending thin liquids. It wasn't very bad, and if you hold your hand over the lid it won't get everywhere. All I can think of is that some of the reviewers aren't snapping the lid on completely and it's leaking around it. I've never had a smoothie leak through or around the lid.
Not blending anything solid/only blending stuff on the bottom. People, if your mixture is too thick, it can't get down to the bottom to blend up correctly. A large kitchen blender will blend thicker stuff because (a) it's got a more powerful motor, and (b) a much larger blending container. When you are using this, it's better to put the liquids in first, and then the harder stuff up top; otherwise, you are going to have a very thick mixture on the bottom that can't rotate up and let the thinner stuff down. This isn't a design defect, it's just physics and the way things are. When I make smoothies, I put the ice in last, and it grinds up large chunks of ice very smoothly. If it's still a bit too thick to blend up, I add a bit more milk or juice or whatever so it will work properly. Once it gets going, it has a nice whirlpool effect and everything gets blended well.
As far as the smoking motors, I have had no problem with either of mine. You can smell the motor bushings when you use it, but it's the same smell you get from every electric motor, just ask anyone who owned a model train as a kid. I only blend for less than 20 secs at a time, so maybe that's why I have never burned the motor up. You can't leave it going continuously like you might a large kitchen blender.
People, this is a one serving blender, and for $12, you get more than what you pay for. I'm sure there are better ones out there, but not for even twice the price of this one; if I have to buy a new one every year, I can live with that. You can't compare it to a full sized kitchen blender and expect it to do everything the big one does. I thought about taking one star from it for a couple of things I would recommend changing about it (I think a blending lid would be a good idea, and it would make it easier to clean if you could separate the blades from the bottom), but in the end I decided that I couldn't expect those things from, once again, a $12 blender.
In conclusion, it does what it professes to do (makes smoothies and shakes), does it very well if used properly, and does it for what I consider to be a bargain price. That should be the gold standard for 5 stars, in my humble opinion.
1) This is a perfect smoothie maker! Has been able to handle almost anything (see Cons below for more about this) I've put in there, even frozen fruit.
2) The design is just genius to me. I'm able to make a smoothie and go in 5 minutes. After blending, just twist off and go, and lid slides open to allow you to drink/sip... it's totally portable. Device itself is very small, takes up little space on your counter, and does look nice (especially since the cord is pretty much concealed at base of blender). I actually like that it only has 1 button - makes it easier for me.
3) Cleanup is a breeze. Splash some water and a little soap in there and swish around, dump out and air dry, or just let water sit/soak for a few minutes if the food is harder to get off. I've read from other reviews that the lid can become a little flimsy, so I always handwash it. Dishwashers can warp some delicate plastics sometimes...
1) As stated on some other people's reviews, there IS a burning smell if you push button for too long or if you throw something in there that it cannot handle. Always pulse this thing for maybe 20-30 seconds at a time, do NOT just keep your finger on the button for too long. This is basically just a baby blender, so it's a little more delicate than many of us are used to.
2) This little blender is not able to handle large & hard items very well - I wish it had more power. Examples of things the blender has had trouble with: big pieces of cubed ice, whole frozen strawberries. I used the crushed ice dispenser from my fridge when I need ice, and cut the whole frozen strawberries in half when I need those. If you stick something in there that it cannot handle, the blade is just going to freeze up on you (i.e. get stuck).
3) The blade is small, so it's not always as easy as "blend & go" - sometimes I have to pulse a couple of times and then "help" it by mixing the things at the top into it with a spoon so that everything is able to make it to the blade at the bottom and get blended properly. This isn't a big deal to me, although I know that the super expensive blenders that people use for smoothies, like VitaMix or BlendTec, don't require help from spoons as much as this one :)
4) This blender does not blend as well as more professional blenders. I've had a green smoothie (i.e. has spinach in it) from a pro blender and it's perfectly smooth and blended, you don't see any food particles at all, looks beautiful. With this blender, you do see the small pieces of chopped up spinach mixed in it (they ARE small, however). This doesn't bother me at all personally, although it grosses some of my co-workers out :)
1) Because this blender is not very powerful, I've found that it works better if you put the liquid and/or soft items in FIRST and then begin to blend in the frozen items and ice.
2) Remember to pulse, do not continuously blend for more than 20-30 seconds I'd say (or you will get the burning smell!). I actually pulse for about 10-15 seconds myself (I want this thing to last me a long time!)
Despite the cons, this VERY inexpensive blender has still been an amazing purchase for me. You definitely get more than your money's worth, in my opinion. I have owned and have used it everyday for 2 months now and it works fine as long as I remember that it isn't super powerful and might need some "help" sometimes. The design of the blender is amazing though and is what makes this stand out from other blenders. It makes it so easy to create a smoothie and go. I am kind of lazy but wanted to change my diet. I have a full-sized blender but it was burdensome - too much - too big - a pain to clean. This blender has made it SO easy that I'm now drinking extremely healthy smoothies everyday, full of things like spinach, veggies, fruit, yogurt, flaxseed oil, and organic raw egg yolks. I've lost 7 pounds and am FULL of energy now also. I'm so happy!! This little blender has made a large positive impact on my health. I'm sure I'll eventually get a VitaMix one day since I'm eating the smoothies so much now, but only when this one dies on me (let's see how long it lasts).
UPDATE Aug 2010: Originally bought this blender May 2010. It's August 2010, and the lid finally cracked - well, I guess I got what I paid for. The crack is getting bigger and starts to leak liquid now as I blend. I've used it almost daily now for 3 months... since I know that smoothies are going to stay a part of my diet now, I am considering upgrading to a Vitamix blender.
UPDATE Aug 2011: I have officially trashed this little blender and am downgrading my rating to 3 stars because it's no good for long term use. I bought another one soon after the lid cracked on the previous one (hey, at under $20 a pop, I didn't think much of it to just buy another). WELL, a couple of months after purchasing that 2nd blender, the bottom of the plastic cup cracked! Grrr... The mechanism/motor of the units worked just fine each time, it was the VERY cheaply-made plastic container/cup that makes this product a bad idea for long term use. I have purchased a Ninja Prep Pro system and although it's not a Vitamix, it's a HUGE improvement over this little blender (and the Ninja is also Consumer Reports' #2 blender right now, right behind Vitamix!)
UPDATE Oct 2015: I purchased the Ninja Prep Pro in Aug 2011. It was a far sturdier option than the Hamilton Beach (although larger, with many more pieces!). The motor was much stronger and so it was capable of handling most of what I wanted. It did not crack/break. Even with that one though, things did not get blended completely. I was fine with it, but it didn't impress me. FAST FORWARD TO 2013: I got married in Nov 2013, and one of our wedding gifts was the Vitamix 750 Pro!!! THIS thing is a forever thing. It has not once struggled with anything I've thrown at it. It can handle anything, and everything is blended COMPLETELY. It's solidly built - is very heavy. We've used it multiple times per day, every day since Nov 2013, and not 1 issue (and we'll probably never have one since these things are built to be used all day long - this is what higher end smoothie shops use). I know someone who has a Vitamix that is over 20 years old, and it's still working fine. This will last us almost forever. The warranty on them is outstanding as well. I was right, Vitamix is the only blender that works for me. I highly recommended Vitamix! The only question/problem with Vitamix is the cost. Vitamix is the absolute best blender on the market. I hope I can encourage people to buy a Vitamix - buy this blender, and it will perform amazingly for a lifetime. Or, you can buy many blenders over a lifetime that will be horrible, or only work so-so for you. At the end of the day, the cost is probably actually the same...