Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 857 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 997 reviews
on September 3, 2013
There are plenty of solid reviews for this, so to put your mind at ease about the others, let me address the one-star reviews.

Says one: "Doesn't work on ANYTHING. Can't even make smoothies." Makes you wonder what use the fifty people who gave it five stars have for it. A paperweight perhaps?

Two people remark that it doesn't blend raw fruit or vegetables. If they're trying this without liquid, they either 1) are not very bright; or 2) have wildly unrealistic expectations of a $20 drink blender.

I can tell you that I have bought a lot of these (mostly in the plastic version), because I think they are fantastic and I give them as gifts. When I get a new one for myself, it's because the old one is kind of gross from a year's worth of smoothie residue stuck in the cracks.

The stainless steel looks nicer in the kitchen, but I kind of miss being able to see what's happening during blending. A tradeoff...but either way, I promise you can make a smoothie.

ADVICE/UPDATE: It's possible given the design that if you put ice/fruit at the bottom, it will get stuck there and not get drawn into the blades. Put in your liquid first, and then your ice at the top.
66 comments| 377 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 27, 2015
I was open to spending a LOT more, but for the purpose of making protein smoothies (a little ice, couple scoops of powder, some fruit, water) this kept coming up in searches as a really good solution. It seemed too cheap but I gave it a try and it's perfect for this use. It's extremely thoughtfully designed, and the build quality does seem better than I expected. I guess they save money by not paying for informercials.

My other criteria: I didn't want another hand-blender because they are messy and hard to clean. I didn't want to use my full size blender because it's a hassle to clean, I always seemed to make too much, and its too big to leave out on the counter.

This little machine rinses out easily and stores no bigger than a large water bottle. I like the stainless steel, true you can't tell by sight when it's done, but I can tell pretty well by the sound (when you pulse it and you don't hear any more grinding sounds.) I wouldn't mind the option for a bigger cup, but that's pretty easy to work around and the small cup helps discourage overeating.
on April 10, 2017
I looked at several single blenders before picking this model. After using it every morning for a week, I am really happy with it. Makes great smoothies and blends evenly and quickly. Easy to clean and takes up little to no room on the counter. I highly recommend if you are looking a simple option that works.
on April 15, 2017
This little blender is perfect for my morning smoothies! Works like a charm. I believe that people who are having a bad experience did not read the instruction manual... Make sure that you're only PULSING and not holding down the pulse button! Also, PUT THE LIQUID IN FIRST.

To help the blender along, I halve or quarter my strawberries. It handles frozen fruit just fine. I haven't tried it with ice, but I can tell you it's perfect for a frozen fruit/yogurt drink.
on April 23, 2017
A great choice. This is a simple single-drink blender. Put your smoothie or whatever together, liquid first, some ice last if desired, and pulsate on and off until blended to suit you. You end up with exactly what you wanted, in a sturdy drinking cup, or you can pour it into another mug. I rinse and fill with water and later wash by hand. If you want a smoothie or a protein shake and are willing to "pulsate" and not keep the pulse button pressed too long, you will have a well-made, quick and handy produce to enjoy often.
on August 16, 2012
This personal blender does just what it says. It blends. I am on the HMR diet in which I blend and drink 3 or more shakes per day. These are mixed powder and ice cubes and this blender handles it all great. Add fruit, no problem. It is more quiet than my big blender I use at home for larger portions. Best of all it sits on a desk taking up no more space than the cup itself. Perfect!
on April 11, 2017
Not too fast like a big one, but it make the job very good. Yogurt, frozen fruits are blended very well. comfortable to use and wash, doesn't need too much space. If you need to make one cup it is perfect.
on February 18, 2016
Perfect housewarming gift for someone who is going into their first apartment. I have this same product at my house, and my granddaughter uses it almost every weekday morning to make healthy smoothies. I use it also to make salad dressings. Very handy, durable, compact blender. We love it at our house!
on March 13, 2017
Purchased the blender for a trip to make simple morning smoothies with only powdered supplements and water. Only used one time and the motor was smoking after only a few seconds. I did not overfill the blender and followed the instructions for use. I do not recommend this product and am returning it for a refund.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2017
Not the greatest blender around but for the price I guess that's what ya get. I bought this to make my shakes with and I use ice cubes. This blender takes a while to actually get the ice cubes chopped up. If you don't use ice then it would probably be fine but for what I needed I'm not too impressed