Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 854 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 994 reviews
on September 3, 2013
There are plenty of solid reviews for this, so to put your mind at ease about the others, let me address the one-star reviews.

Says one: "Doesn't work on ANYTHING. Can't even make smoothies." Makes you wonder what use the fifty people who gave it five stars have for it. A paperweight perhaps?

Two people remark that it doesn't blend raw fruit or vegetables. If they're trying this without liquid, they either 1) are not very bright; or 2) have wildly unrealistic expectations of a $20 drink blender.

I can tell you that I have bought a lot of these (mostly in the plastic version), because I think they are fantastic and I give them as gifts. When I get a new one for myself, it's because the old one is kind of gross from a year's worth of smoothie residue stuck in the cracks.

The stainless steel looks nicer in the kitchen, but I kind of miss being able to see what's happening during blending. A tradeoff...but either way, I promise you can make a smoothie.

ADVICE/UPDATE: It's possible given the design that if you put ice/fruit at the bottom, it will get stuck there and not get drawn into the blades. Put in your liquid first, and then your ice at the top.
66 comments| 372 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 27, 2015
I was open to spending a LOT more, but for the purpose of making protein smoothies (a little ice, couple scoops of powder, some fruit, water) this kept coming up in searches as a really good solution. It seemed too cheap but I gave it a try and it's perfect for this use. It's extremely thoughtfully designed, and the build quality does seem better than I expected. I guess they save money by not paying for informercials.

My other criteria: I didn't want another hand-blender because they are messy and hard to clean. I didn't want to use my full size blender because it's a hassle to clean, I always seemed to make too much, and its too big to leave out on the counter.

This little machine rinses out easily and stores no bigger than a large water bottle. I like the stainless steel, true you can't tell by sight when it's done, but I can tell pretty well by the sound (when you pulse it and you don't hear any more grinding sounds.) I wouldn't mind the option for a bigger cup, but that's pretty easy to work around and the small cup helps discourage overeating.
on March 28, 2016
I bought this blender to replace a hand-held unit that was used to mix shakes, e.g. powder and milk/water. This machine does an excellent job, mixes everything within, in as little as 5 seconds, and looks better on the counter, too. I usually do blend in two quick passes but it can be accomplished in one. However, I have found that the blades and lower inside assembly are harder to clean if the powder was added at the bottom, followed by the liquid. If I do the reverse of that, e.g. the liquid, followed by the powder, everything blends more easily and uniformly. Currently, I have been using this for 3 weeks and am satisfied with the results.

As far as other uses outside of simple mixing, I don't think it's prudent to assume that this blender will chop ice or grate, without stressing the motor and blades. This is simply not made for that and anyone expecting this to be of industrial strength (for the price) is not in touch with reality.
on April 10, 2017
I looked at several single blenders before picking this model. After using it every morning for a week, I am really happy with it. Makes great smoothies and blends evenly and quickly. Easy to clean and takes up little to no room on the counter. I highly recommend if you are looking a simple option that works.
on April 15, 2017
This little blender is perfect for my morning smoothies! Works like a charm. I believe that people who are having a bad experience did not read the instruction manual... Make sure that you're only PULSING and not holding down the pulse button! Also, PUT THE LIQUID IN FIRST.

To help the blender along, I halve or quarter my strawberries. It handles frozen fruit just fine. I haven't tried it with ice, but I can tell you it's perfect for a frozen fruit/yogurt drink.
on August 16, 2012
This personal blender does just what it says. It blends. I am on the HMR diet in which I blend and drink 3 or more shakes per day. These are mixed powder and ice cubes and this blender handles it all great. Add fruit, no problem. It is more quiet than my big blender I use at home for larger portions. Best of all it sits on a desk taking up no more space than the cup itself. Perfect!
on April 23, 2017
A great choice. This is a simple single-drink blender. Put your smoothie or whatever together, liquid first, some ice last if desired, and pulsate on and off until blended to suit you. You end up with exactly what you wanted, in a sturdy drinking cup, or you can pour it into another mug. I rinse and fill with water and later wash by hand. If you want a smoothie or a protein shake and are willing to "pulsate" and not keep the pulse button pressed too long, you will have a well-made, quick and handy produce to enjoy often.
on February 18, 2016
Perfect housewarming gift for someone who is going into their first apartment. I have this same product at my house, and my granddaughter uses it almost every weekday morning to make healthy smoothies. I use it also to make salad dressings. Very handy, durable, compact blender. We love it at our house!
on April 11, 2017
Not too fast like a big one, but it make the job very good. Yogurt, frozen fruits are blended very well. comfortable to use and wash, doesn't need too much space. If you need to make one cup it is perfect.
on October 22, 2015
This did not. Work. The very first time I tried it, I pressed the button and it didn't blend. It was like it wasn't even plugged in, nothing happened. After repeated attempts, it finally blended, but it happened every time I tried to make a smoothie. It wasn't any crazy mixture either - milk, protein powder, frozen raspberries. I returned it. No bueno.