Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on February 5, 2014
It is small and very nice in that it doesn't take up much space. The lid fit on beautifully and it locks in and out of place perfectly without alot of parts that can be broken easily.

I can not comment on how well it blends, purees or chops as I never got that far.

Received purchase, opened up and then washed by hand before it was to be used the next day, getting everything ready. I decided to fill the container 1/2 full with water to ensure it was fully rinsed since the blades can not be removed, pulsed once, twice and did not bother with a third time as it smelled like I was trying to puree whole fruits and ice and had been doing it for an hour nonstop. Per other reviews, I did not hold the button down, I pulsed and the smell was still terrible. I can not imagine this machine working with uncooked mushy foods if pulsing water is to much.

The bright side, Amazon customer service as always was fantastic. I submitted a return, printed the label, reboxed, taped and attached aformentioned label, popped it in the mail and my account has been credited. Thank you Amazon.
on December 18, 2013
I had high hopes for this product, but it just doesn't get a "cyclone" going to blend all the food, but kind of just blends whatever is on the bottom and I have to hit it on my counter or shake it every 2 seconds and keep blending and blending for it to get all the food in there. I do not fill it too full, only about halfway, and I have this problem every single time. Sometimes it's just not worth the effort and I end up mashing food with a fork because, sadly, it does a better job. I do, however, see how this could be useful for more liquid-y substances like smoothies, because I think the reason it doesn't blend baby food is because the food is too thick with not enough liquid in it.
on July 25, 2012
i've been wanting to get back to being healthy and everyone knows the benefits of eating healthy esp. fruits and veggies. well, i make PURE FRUIT smoothies with this blender and dont use it for my baby, but for me. lol. unlike other single serving blenders out there, the top cover of this has no moving parts (unlike the travel single serving blenders out there) and is simple lid to allow easy washing. that sold me. i also like the sweet sunshine yellow of this blender and it doesnt take up space. the plastic containter is BPA free and yes, when you wash it, you wash the attached blade. the plastic is quite good quality, i must say unlike another 6-cup blender i bought in the past. it is easy to wash. the blender easily makes for more than one serving (i'd say a generous one serving, and an adequate double serving) of smoothie.

You must chop your veggies/fruits before dumping in this blender b/c blades arent too powerful enough to liquify them quickly. Depending what you blend (i blend fruits like papaya, strawberries, etc), it would take about 7 or so pulses to creamate the fruits. so yes, i think more you cut your fruits, more long life for this blade. Anyway so far, it's doing well.

**update: it's now 9/10/12 and been using this almost everyday. it is holding up well. Washing this is a breeze if you do it immediately after making your smoothie: i just run running faucet water in the container, swish it around few times then pour it out. clean. Love that! The blades are not sharp so dont worry of hurting yourself if you have to insert your finger in the container. Again, you must pre-chop your fruits into about 1in x1 in before adding it to the blender to help hasten the blending process and help your blades 'live' longer. i am thinking the only machines that you wont need to pre-cut your fruits are those machines that cost over $300 like vita-mix but that's beyond me for now. LOL
33 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 7, 2013
I needed a new smoothie blender and although this was intended to make baby food it was a cheap Hamilton brand blender and figured it would be a good place to start. I have only used it maybe 5 times since I have gotten it a couple weeks ago but it does everything I want. It is indeed strong enough to handle ice and frozen fruit, I follow the "rule" to put the soft and liquid items in first then the frozen items might make a difference if you have had problems in the past. It is super easy to clean since the blades and cup are all one unit and there is no struggling to take them apart. You just throw some warm water and soap in the cup, pulse the blender and its pretty darn clean. Rinse the cup out from the soap and the only things left are the lid. It also has a cord holder in the bottom which I have not used so cannot comment on. It takes up very, very little space. What you see is what you get and in a crowded student apartment that is a great thing. I also like that it is single serving so as a somewhat clumsy person I am making less of a mess having to do one serving at a time. Plus I just really don't have the need for a large blender at the moment. I am planning to update when it dies so we can see just how far it can go doing tasks tougher than what it was intended for.
on April 15, 2014
I use this little blender every day for my nightly smoothie. It does a good job of chopping up small fruit and it's easy to clean and is pretty quiet compared to the big blenders. You just have to remember not to overtax the little motor - just follow the manufacturer's directions. I use crushed ice because I don't think it would survive too many bouts with large ice cubes. A quick twist secures the blender on to the base and a quick twist releases it so you can drink from the container. I think it's close to perfection - I highly recommend this little Bebe.
on June 10, 2014
Good: I've taken this blender with me cross country twice in the past year and it's still working like a champ. It grinds up frozen fruit nicely and is perfect for people on the go. Simply mix the drink of your choice and take the container with you. Having a straw is almost imperative to avoiding a mess.
Bad: The non-removable seal that holds the blade develops mold and mildew over time. I've tried inverting and soaking the base in Tylex or some other kind of soap, but it only comes a tiny bit cleaner. I've also run the whole cup through the dishwasher several time with little improvement. There does not "seem" to be any difference in the taste of the blended drinks, but I am still concerned about long-term build up.
on March 6, 2013
I received this blender a few days ago and am using it to make my protein shakes before/after the gym. I noticed a silght burning smell after I held the pulse button down for about 25 seconds so be careful not to burn the motor out. It blends great though, but I wouldnt throw too much ice in it, one or two cubes is more than sufficient. Overall I am happy with the product.
on April 10, 2013
I have purchased 2 of these for my daughter & daughter-in-law. They have both found this blender to chop pretty much anything. Over the months it has been used for simple fruits and veg and transitioned to veg with meat. All chopped smoothly. My only complaint is the fact that the blade does not come out for cleaning. It seems to clean real well in the dishwasher, but I would be happier washing separate parts to be sure.
on February 13, 2016
For the price it works. I use it mostly to blend coffee beans or purée bananas for muffin mixes or blending apples for my baby. It gets the job done but sometimes takes a while, anywhere from 3-5 minutes total. When using it you have to hold the button down the entire time and sometimes the blended ingredients are chunky instead of smooth.
on November 12, 2016