Truck Season Automotive HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now TG18PP_gno

on March 3, 2017
This blender was purchased to replace a Cuisinart that I bought at Costco that had all the bells and whistles and cost more than double. When it broke down after a few years worth of work (and that was my second), I decided that I would just get a good blender with nothing fancy. I got this and I love it. I use it to make pudding, puree split pea soup, and some drinks and it's really a good blender. It surprised me how much better it does the job than my Cuisinart! I love the pouring spout on top as sometimes it was messy pouring from the corner of my old one. I've owned this for a while now. I don't like reviews from folks that do it right out of the box. I like to use the product for a while to test it out. This one definitely passed.
150 people found this helpful
on January 18, 2013
I bought this blender primarily for protein and fruit smoothies, crushing ice, and grinding coffee.

Out of box experience was good, well packaged, simple. Tested it by using the Easyclean feature, and it worked like a champ. While it is noisy, it is quieter than I expected. Just don't expect to be listening to something on TV in another room if you are blending in the kitchen.

The Pros:
My first smoothie was done in seconds, no fuss, no muss. A cup of ice, two big scoops of protein powder, fresh strawberries not cut up, and 12 ounces water.

I put in the ice and strawberries first, and pulsed about 3 times on ice to get a very nice puree of ice slush and strawberry, only a few seconds each. It's got power to spare. Added the powder and water, hit smoothie, and about 15 seconds later I had very happy happy milk-shaky-like goodness to enjoy.

Cleanup and storage could not have been easier.

So it's a keeper.

The cons:
I can see how with so much plastic used, SOMETHING will give out over time and use. HB does not warrant glass breakage, but they say NOTHING about plastics, so if a lid or vent or base go, the 3 year warranty will be worth keeping track of.

Summary and impressions:
It suits my needs, it meets or exceeds expectations, and it was cheap. So cheap that if it dies after warranty, I won't blink and won't miss it.

So after browsing through HUNDREDS of reviews, personal blenders, and Ninja's and such, and nearly going for a Cuisinart personal blender, I figure this one takes up roughly the same amount of space, 700 watts beats 300 any old day, and certainly 185, and why mess around when I don't want to have to worry, I want to blend.

Very Worth While. If it had more sturdy and durable looking plastics, or they were some other non-bound-to-fail material, it would get 5 stars. For under $25.00 you can't beat it with a stick.

I hope this helps if you're reading this!
1,585 people found this helpful
|88 comments|Report abuse
on January 29, 2013
My older Hamilton Beach blender was dying. I did not like a previous Kitchen Aid blender I owned. The bottom of the line Oster I tried made a viciously ear piercing racket. In my dreams I own a Vitamix. Well..in the meantime I need something NOW. I looked at all the reviews of various strata and then said "just try this one" ..if it sucks well then it's a backup. Because if you are a morning smoothie addict like me you need a backup.

So it shows up. The base is taller than my old Hamilton Beach but the motor is more powerful (700 watts). I like that the buttons face forward and require a bit more of a positive force to engage. I think this is a good thing. You are less likely to accidentally hit them and spray chocolate soymilk or whatever your beverage thing is all over the kitchen by mistake.

This blender has "oomph" as they say. It fearlessly grinds large frozen blueberries to make a puffy aireated (bubbly) chocolate blueberry banana smoothy which is how I get through swallowing all my various vitamins including the "horse pills".

It has a real, high quality glass top. Some of the blenders in this price range don't - they instead use that crappy plastic that discolors and cracks.

They are honest about the buttons. No fancy schmancy: You get LOW, HIGH. PULSE LOW & PULSE HIGH. 4 buttons. I've never needed anything else. The springs on the pulse buttons and the size of the buttons provide a substantial tactile feedback. All those extra buttons - it's just frippery, added cost and more to go wrong. I want either to get started (low) or go all out (high). Why kid myself?

The motor base of the blender is mostly plastic but at this price who's complaining? The styling of the blender is not bad. It doesn't pretend to be something it's not but it's not hard to look at either.

It doesn't "walk" or jump about the counter - it stays put.

I have yet to make Hummous (or hummus) in this blender. Will report back if I have problems with that.

Complaints: I tried making Orange Juice and it got a bit messy. I strongly recommend just using 1 can of water and using Low. Then add the remaining 2 cans into your juice pitcher later. When you pour the blended OJ into the juice pitcher do it over a sink. This may have been user error. : ) I've only had this blender for 2 weeks now.

The blender will not accept my older Hamilton Beach glass blender top from the mid 1990's.

One design decision about the glass blender top on this unit that you may or may not like is ..the inner bottom area (near the blade) has a wider area around the blade..so it needs a bit more liquid (not a ton more) than I was used to with the old blender. Also, I don't know how this wider area around the blade will figure into making hummous. Again I will report back on that later. I have to wait until the hummous making mood strikes.

I do not make vegetable smoothies except for my cucumber tzatziki yogurt sauce on rare occasion. So I can't tell you whether this will blenderize celery or Kale.

All in all, for my specific purpose (soy & fruit smoothies) I am quite satisfied with this blender and feel I paid a fair price for it ($25.71) You could buy 12 of these for the price of a Vitamix and you can be using it NOW! You can always keep it as a backup or make it the vacation place blender.

UPDATE #2 3-30-2013: Still going strong. No hassles. I * did * make hummus (or hummous) recently and found that I had to make a double batch to get it started and get it all blended right - but that's not a big deal in my book. For smoothies the requirements for a good blend are much less demanding. I see some reviews complaining about the motor overheating, or a burning smell. I haven't experienced that. Maybe mine was made on a Wednesday? I just know it works great and continues to do so. Over and out! : )

P.P.S. If you look very carefully at the bottom of the glass blender top right where it tapers to meet the base, you'll see a sort of line in the glass that might "LOOK" like a scratch or break. It's not. It's some kind of little ridge left over from the forming or casting of the glass. I figured this out after much visual inspection as I was initially concerned about it.

Update: August 17th, 2013 Still going strong...

Update #3: Jan 29th, 2014 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! Still going strong...

Update #4 Jan 25th, 2015 TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY! Still going strong...no issues

Update #5 March 17th, 2016 THREE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! Still going strong...no issues.

Update #6 July 3rd, 2017 FOUR YEARS PLUS ANNIVERSARY! Still going strong...no issues.
1,014 people found this helpful
|1313 comments|Report abuse
on January 1, 2014
Yes, you can make a green smoothie with this. Put water in first. Then Kale, spinach, collards, 1 green apple bite sized chunks , 1 orange, 1 banana, oat meal, whole baby carrots and apple cider vinegar. People act like this thing won't blend but it will. If you put water in first and actually let it blend for 1 minute, that's it! Done! This is why you need to decide things for yourself. I'm glad I didn't buy a $500 blender. What is wrong with people? That is rent money and I just want to blend leaves and soft ass fruit.
440 people found this helpful
|66 comments|Report abuse
on May 17, 2017
I don't normally take the time to write product reviews, but because I'm so impressed with this blender, I'm going to do it.

First off let me just say I'm a every day mom. I've never been a barista, or used any fancy specialty blender of any sort. I can't compare this to something like that. What I can say is this blender is AMAZING!!! I bought it to start making my own blended coffees and smoothies at home. I specifically chose this one because of the additional chopping attachment because we have rather large ice cubes, and I thought I would need to use that first to grind them up a bit. I was wrong. This blender does exactly what a blender is supposed to do. It blends all of it's contents into a nice smooth consistency without leaving behind those big ice chunks I was worried about. A big A+ as far as I'm concerned because I absolutely hate trying to drink my blended coffee when there's huge chunks of ice that are constantly getting stuck in my straw.

The other bonus is speed. In my opinion this blender is quick. (To mean this also gives it an extra bonus for noise because it's not running do long.) My coffees have been running right around 10 - 15 seconds from start to finish to blend. Some may say "whatever", but this is a big deal for me if I'm in a hurry. I don't want to be stopping at the coffee shops because it's $6.50 every time I do. If I can make my own at home super quick it costs me less than a dollar. Plus, at home I can customize it exactly how I want it.

Long story short, BUY THIS BLENDER!! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!! 😊😊
27 people found this helpful
on May 12, 2017
By far the worst item I've ever purchased from here. I should have purchased it at Target so that I could easily return it, hassle-free. I bought this blender to replace an old one I had. This blender doesn't blend properly. I literally have to press every single button and then open the lid and mix things around WHILE it's blending to get it to make a smoothie (or anything else for that matter). It came with a chopper, which was a huge selling point for me (I hate cutting onions)- that doesn't chop properly either. I don't know if it's a manufacturer issue or if it is the quality of the product, but I would not recommend this item.
22 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on December 1, 2015
I was looking for a blender to make some simple cocktail and milkshake, but i actually did not have much money to spend on it. After a few research i ended up on this item and i am so happy not to have spent more than 30 dollar on a blende, since this one did perfect cocktails (i used it a few times a week maximum)

To my point of view, this blender is a great option for people looking for a smoothie maker that will not cost hundreds of dollars. When used properly, that means adding liquid to every recipe you put inside, it will be able to blend ice, fruit and vegetables though it will struggle a little bit if you put lots of leafy greens.

This item should be able to make you frozen blended shakes or puree vegetables without any problem.

However, don’t be dumb, this is what i would call « an amateur blender » ; it won’t be able to make nut butter, mix dough or grate coffee beans even though it has those options because the motor doesn’t have enough torque and will burn out if you try.

The key thing to appreciate this product is not expecting a professional level quality from it or performance. If you’re not particular with the consistency of your smoothies but just want something affordable capable of basic blending functions then this machine is a very good choice.

It was a good choice for me as it matches perfectly with what i expected from it.
review imagereview image
58 people found this helpful
on October 19, 2015
The blender works fine for me. I don't have super high expectations for blenders though. But!! There is a disign/manufacturing flaw. There are two plastic panels stuck on the from of the blender. Apperently with an adhesive. I've never submerged the blender in water to clean. A sponge wipe only. I've had it for about 6 months. Used only on occasion. I'm not an everyday blender user. Last night after using it. My boyfriend was wiping it clean. On if the plastic panels popped off and sliced his finger with a 1.5 very deep U shaped slice on his knuckle. This was such a deep cut that the skin flapped back! And there was a lot of blood. He almost passed out! Just a side note. I'm a nurse and I'm not afraid of blood. We cleaned it up. Put some medi-strips on it, I put a splint on and wrapped it. I've emailed Hamilton beach. Just be careful with it. You'd expect to get cut by one of the blades not the base of the blender. Ps. I noticed the other side panel was also looking like it was going to pop off. I've added several pictures . Along with his wrapped finger. At least our tomatoes were not harmed.
review imagereview imagereview image
67 people found this helpful
on July 30, 2016
Worked ok, but the base completely snapped off a piece of glass when I was just screwing on the bottom part! Only had it for a month and it's already ruined!
review image
22 people found this helpful
on May 10, 2016
First I say this Hamilton Beach Blender is AMAZING!!!!
I really like that you can use it as a blender or a food processor. We have already used both! The blender works well with its "wave action". I was able to make our morning smoothie and not have to stop and manually mix the frozen fruit around as I have had to do with other blenders. It mixed everything evenly and smoothly. A feature that I really like for the blender part is the lid. It fits snugly yet it's very easy to get on and off, and it has a pour spout!!!! So no more spills when pouring things from the blender to a cup.
The food processor worked really well too. We made guacamole with it. It blended everything nicely. The lid twisted nicely into place so I didn't have to worry about it popping off and splattering my ingredients every where. I really look forward to using this blender more and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a blender.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
32 people found this helpful