Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Style Name: Blender|Change

Showing 1-10 of 4,201 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,518 reviews
on January 18, 2013
I bought this blender primarily for protein and fruit smoothies, crushing ice, and grinding coffee.

Out of box experience was good, well packaged, simple. Tested it by using the Easyclean feature, and it worked like a champ. While it is noisy, it is quieter than I expected. Just don't expect to be listening to something on TV in another room if you are blending in the kitchen.

The Pros:
My first smoothie was done in seconds, no fuss, no muss. A cup of ice, two big scoops of protein powder, fresh strawberries not cut up, and 12 ounces water.

I put in the ice and strawberries first, and pulsed about 3 times on ice to get a very nice puree of ice slush and strawberry, only a few seconds each. It's got power to spare. Added the powder and water, hit smoothie, and about 15 seconds later I had very happy happy milk-shaky-like goodness to enjoy.

Cleanup and storage could not have been easier.

So it's a keeper.

The cons:
I can see how with so much plastic used, SOMETHING will give out over time and use. HB does not warrant glass breakage, but they say NOTHING about plastics, so if a lid or vent or base go, the 3 year warranty will be worth keeping track of.

Summary and impressions:
It suits my needs, it meets or exceeds expectations, and it was cheap. So cheap that if it dies after warranty, I won't blink and won't miss it.

So after browsing through HUNDREDS of reviews, personal blenders, and Ninja's and such, and nearly going for a Cuisinart personal blender, I figure this one takes up roughly the same amount of space, 700 watts beats 300 any old day, and certainly 185, and why mess around when I don't want to have to worry, I want to blend.

Very Worth While. If it had more sturdy and durable looking plastics, or they were some other non-bound-to-fail material, it would get 5 stars. For under $25.00 you can't beat it with a stick.

I hope this helps if you're reading this!
88 comments| 1,275 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2013
My older Hamilton Beach blender was dying. I did not like a previous Kitchen Aid blender I owned. The bottom of the line Oster I tried made a viciously ear piercing racket. In my dreams I own a Vitamix. Well..in the meantime I need something NOW. I looked at all the reviews of various strata and then said "just try this one" ..if it sucks well then it's a backup. Because if you are a morning smoothie addict like me you need a backup.

So it shows up. The base is taller than my old Hamilton Beach but the motor is more powerful (700 watts). I like that the buttons face forward and require a bit more of a positive force to engage. I think this is a good thing. You are less likely to accidentally hit them and spray chocolate soymilk or whatever your beverage thing is all over the kitchen by mistake.

This blender has "oomph" as they say. It fearlessly grinds large frozen blueberries to make a puffy aireated (bubbly) chocolate blueberry banana smoothy which is how I get through swallowing all my various vitamins including the "horse pills".

It has a real, high quality glass top. Some of the blenders in this price range don't - they instead use that crappy plastic that discolors and cracks.

They are honest about the buttons. No fancy schmancy: You get LOW, HIGH. PULSE LOW & PULSE HIGH. 4 buttons. I've never needed anything else. The springs on the pulse buttons and the size of the buttons provide a substantial tactile feedback. All those extra buttons - it's just frippery, added cost and more to go wrong. I want either to get started (low) or go all out (high). Why kid myself?

The motor base of the blender is mostly plastic but at this price who's complaining? The styling of the blender is not bad. It doesn't pretend to be something it's not but it's not hard to look at either.

It doesn't "walk" or jump about the counter - it stays put.

I have yet to make Hummous (or hummus) in this blender. Will report back if I have problems with that.

Complaints: I tried making Orange Juice and it got a bit messy. I strongly recommend just using 1 can of water and using Low. Then add the remaining 2 cans into your juice pitcher later. When you pour the blended OJ into the juice pitcher do it over a sink. This may have been user error. : ) I've only had this blender for 2 weeks now.

The blender will not accept my older Hamilton Beach glass blender top from the mid 1990's.

One design decision about the glass blender top on this unit that you may or may not like is ..the inner bottom area (near the blade) has a wider area around the blade..so it needs a bit more liquid (not a ton more) than I was used to with the old blender. Also, I don't know how this wider area around the blade will figure into making hummous. Again I will report back on that later. I have to wait until the hummous making mood strikes.

I do not make vegetable smoothies except for my cucumber tzatziki yogurt sauce on rare occasion. So I can't tell you whether this will blenderize celery or Kale.

All in all, for my specific purpose (soy & fruit smoothies) I am quite satisfied with this blender and feel I paid a fair price for it ($25.71) You could buy 12 of these for the price of a Vitamix and you can be using it NOW! You can always keep it as a backup or make it the vacation place blender.

UPDATE #2 3-30-2013: Still going strong. No hassles. I * did * make hummus (or hummous) recently and found that I had to make a double batch to get it started and get it all blended right - but that's not a big deal in my book. For smoothies the requirements for a good blend are much less demanding. I see some reviews complaining about the motor overheating, or a burning smell. I haven't experienced that. Maybe mine was made on a Wednesday? I just know it works great and continues to do so. Over and out! : )

P.P.S. If you look very carefully at the bottom of the glass blender top right where it tapers to meet the base, you'll see a sort of line in the glass that might "LOOK" like a scratch or break. It's not. It's some kind of little ridge left over from the forming or casting of the glass. I figured this out after much visual inspection as I was initially concerned about it.

Update: August 17th, 2013 Still going strong...

Update #3: Jan 29th, 2014 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! Still going strong...

Update #4 Jan 25th, 2015 TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY! Still going strong...no issues

Update #5 March 17th, 2016 THREE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! Still going strong...no issues.
1111 comments| 728 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2014
Yes, you can make a green smoothie with this. Put water in first. Then Kale, spinach, collards, 1 green apple bite sized chunks , 1 orange, 1 banana, oat meal, whole baby carrots and apple cider vinegar. People act like this thing won't blend but it will. If you put water in first and actually let it blend for 1 minute, that's it! Done! This is why you need to decide things for yourself. I'm glad I didn't buy a $500 blender. What is wrong with people? That is rent money and I just want to blend leaves and soft ass fruit.
33 comments| 276 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2017
This blender was purchased to replace a Cuisinart that I bought at Costco that had all the bells and whistles and cost more than double. When it broke down after a few years worth of work (and that was my second), I decided that I would just get a good blender with nothing fancy. I got this and I love it. I use it to make pudding, puree split pea soup, and some drinks and it's really a good blender. It surprised me how much better it does the job than my Cuisinart! I love the pouring spout on top as sometimes it was messy pouring from the corner of my old one. I've owned this for a while now. I don't like reviews from folks that do it right out of the box. I like to use the product for a while to test it out. This one definitely passed.
on December 1, 2015
I was looking for a blender to make some simple cocktail and milkshake, but i actually did not have much money to spend on it. After a few research i ended up on this item and i am so happy not to have spent more than 30 dollar on a blende, since this one did perfect cocktails (i used it a few times a week maximum)

To my point of view, this blender is a great option for people looking for a smoothie maker that will not cost hundreds of dollars. When used properly, that means adding liquid to every recipe you put inside, it will be able to blend ice, fruit and vegetables though it will struggle a little bit if you put lots of leafy greens.

This item should be able to make you frozen blended shakes or puree vegetables without any problem.

However, don’t be dumb, this is what i would call « an amateur blender » ; it won’t be able to make nut butter, mix dough or grate coffee beans even though it has those options because the motor doesn’t have enough torque and will burn out if you try.

The key thing to appreciate this product is not expecting a professional level quality from it or performance. If you’re not particular with the consistency of your smoothies but just want something affordable capable of basic blending functions then this machine is a very good choice.

It was a good choice for me as it matches perfectly with what i expected from it.
review image review image
on December 12, 2012
This Hamilton Beach Blender is amazing! It looks great from the outside and works perfectly up till now. Its wave action blending definitely works well and blends better than other blenders that I have used in the past. The lid on this blender though is probably what I like the best about it. It avoid all spills and/or overflows while it is blending because it goes tightly over the blender and the top actually enables you to pour into something without even taking the lid off! This saves a lot of time and keeps other pitchers clean since your blender becomes the perfect pitcher! The chopper is simply an extra, but the extra works fantastic. I have made a lot of salsas and chopped tomato, onion, etc and it chops them to perfection. I really like this blender and therefore, I rate it 4 stars out of 5 stars!

I hope this review helped you out!

Update: I have been using this blender now for a long time and if still runs perfectly and works just like it did when I bought it. It's a fantastic blender for the price, I highly recommend it to everyone.

New rating : 5 stars out of 5 stars!
88 comments| 393 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2014
Most of the reviews are caught up on the value. I have to say it's a good price, but it has some really annoying cons.

Pros:
-Price. I agree for a blender it is a a good price, especially if you need to replace in a hurry.
-Sturdy: It's a good solid glass blending cup. The actual cup it's it the best part.

Cons:
-Non-closing lip at top of blender lid results in overflow: Rather than having the traditional twist on top for people who want to inject fruit into smoothies, they have this dumb lip that never closes correctly. For the size of my shakes it doesn't matter. However, when I have it pretty full or try to clean with soap, it overflows through the lip and all over the counter. Just a stupid design. A few tests would have seen this - who let this go forward? I'd rather just have to pop the top off. The lip should have a much more solid way of closing tight.

-Mixed job with ice: Sometimes ice gets blended nicely. Sometimes I'm left with big chunks. To ensure it gets completely blended sometimes, I need to let it go for a while, which in turn makes the drink quite warm...which defeats the purposes...

-Lid hard to get off: Especially when cold. It can be annoying in the morning to try and pry the lid off after the cup is cold and expanded.

In short: Probably compared to some of these devices like the magic bullet, for single serve it's a pretty good value - mind-boggling engineering errors aside. However, if you run it pretty full, or have to crush a lot of ice, you will be disappointed. If you have the resources, spend a little more and get something with a good lid. I miss my old blender :(.
on February 14, 2015
I needed to replace my sixteen year old blender after accidentally burning the plastic cover on the heating element of the dishwasher. At first I thought I would just replace the cover. However, I soon discovered that ordering a new cover would cost me around seventeen dollars for parts and shipping. So I checked out Amazon's prices to replace the whole blender. When I found this Hamilton Beach model for only $24.99, I thought this may be a better way to go. I found some of the negative reviews discouraging, but my sixteen year old blender was also a Hamilton Beach product and had performed very well. My old blender had cost me $29.99 at Sears in 1998 (I saved the receipt). It had 350 watts for power and this new one has 750 watts. Hmmm... I thought it might be too good a deal to be true, but as an Amazon Prime member I decided to give it a try

I have been using my new blender since it arrived last week. I couldn't possibly be more pleased with its performance.
I've used it daily for making smoothies by starting with 1 to 2 cups of liquid (I use kefir milk, which is quite frothy) and have added ingredients such as: chunks of fresh fruit, frozen fruits, chocolate chips, nuts, etc. Lastly I add some ice cubes and use the pulsar to crush the ice. It works great! Everything gets sucked down into the whirlpool (Wave blades) and gets blended up into a thickshake consistency. Yum!

Yes, the cover does fit tightly, which some reviewers complained about. I found the tight fit to be an advantage.I don't have to stand there holding down the cover as I did with my old blender, otherwise the ingredients might come whipping out all over the place.
I also have arthritis in my fingers and putting the cover on and off this blender has been no problem at all for me. The cover has two thick tabs, one on either side, to make pushing or pulling the cover on or off quite easy.

Furthermore, I have not noticed any strange odors when the blender is operating and it runs a bit quieter than my old blender.
Also, everything comes apart easily for cleaning.

For a basic kitchen blender, this product really "gets the job done!" I highly recommend it.
on September 29, 2014
Very compact, powerful, loud (which was fine) and very inexpensive. I wanted something inexpensive whose motor would not burn out on "high" after running for a few minutes. I ordered this specifically to make almond butter. It did an OK job, but you definitely need the grinder attachment (which although was plastic, is well made). Since this is NOT a large food processor with larger blades, you need to work in small batches (I think 3/4 cup is ideal) to get a creamy consistency. And you need patience. It takes a good 5-7 minutes to get it creamy and although it does try to "churn' the ingredients and pull the top of the mixture downward into the blades, you still need to periodically open it up to mix the contents from the sides so the blades can do their job. Adding a very little liquid (water, honey, oil, whatever...) greatly speeds up the process. I mean, if you truly want to make big batches of nut butters, buy a more expensive high powered (at least 700 watts) food processor or get it ground at the store.
For my purposes, this is great
on January 11, 2015
Very good.
Fast shiped
Easy cleaning
A low price
High power
Satisfaction
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image