Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Style Name: Blender|Change

Showing 1-10 of 4,259 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,582 reviews
on January 18, 2013
I bought this blender primarily for protein and fruit smoothies, crushing ice, and grinding coffee.

Out of box experience was good, well packaged, simple. Tested it by using the Easyclean feature, and it worked like a champ. While it is noisy, it is quieter than I expected. Just don't expect to be listening to something on TV in another room if you are blending in the kitchen.

The Pros:
My first smoothie was done in seconds, no fuss, no muss. A cup of ice, two big scoops of protein powder, fresh strawberries not cut up, and 12 ounces water.

I put in the ice and strawberries first, and pulsed about 3 times on ice to get a very nice puree of ice slush and strawberry, only a few seconds each. It's got power to spare. Added the powder and water, hit smoothie, and about 15 seconds later I had very happy happy milk-shaky-like goodness to enjoy.

Cleanup and storage could not have been easier.

So it's a keeper.

The cons:
I can see how with so much plastic used, SOMETHING will give out over time and use. HB does not warrant glass breakage, but they say NOTHING about plastics, so if a lid or vent or base go, the 3 year warranty will be worth keeping track of.

Summary and impressions:
It suits my needs, it meets or exceeds expectations, and it was cheap. So cheap that if it dies after warranty, I won't blink and won't miss it.

So after browsing through HUNDREDS of reviews, personal blenders, and Ninja's and such, and nearly going for a Cuisinart personal blender, I figure this one takes up roughly the same amount of space, 700 watts beats 300 any old day, and certainly 185, and why mess around when I don't want to have to worry, I want to blend.

Very Worth While. If it had more sturdy and durable looking plastics, or they were some other non-bound-to-fail material, it would get 5 stars. For under $25.00 you can't beat it with a stick.

I hope this helps if you're reading this!
88 comments| 1,317 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2013
My older Hamilton Beach blender was dying. I did not like a previous Kitchen Aid blender I owned. The bottom of the line Oster I tried made a viciously ear piercing racket. In my dreams I own a Vitamix. Well..in the meantime I need something NOW. I looked at all the reviews of various strata and then said "just try this one" ..if it sucks well then it's a backup. Because if you are a morning smoothie addict like me you need a backup.

So it shows up. The base is taller than my old Hamilton Beach but the motor is more powerful (700 watts). I like that the buttons face forward and require a bit more of a positive force to engage. I think this is a good thing. You are less likely to accidentally hit them and spray chocolate soymilk or whatever your beverage thing is all over the kitchen by mistake.

This blender has "oomph" as they say. It fearlessly grinds large frozen blueberries to make a puffy aireated (bubbly) chocolate blueberry banana smoothy which is how I get through swallowing all my various vitamins including the "horse pills".

It has a real, high quality glass top. Some of the blenders in this price range don't - they instead use that crappy plastic that discolors and cracks.

They are honest about the buttons. No fancy schmancy: You get LOW, HIGH. PULSE LOW & PULSE HIGH. 4 buttons. I've never needed anything else. The springs on the pulse buttons and the size of the buttons provide a substantial tactile feedback. All those extra buttons - it's just frippery, added cost and more to go wrong. I want either to get started (low) or go all out (high). Why kid myself?

The motor base of the blender is mostly plastic but at this price who's complaining? The styling of the blender is not bad. It doesn't pretend to be something it's not but it's not hard to look at either.

It doesn't "walk" or jump about the counter - it stays put.

I have yet to make Hummous (or hummus) in this blender. Will report back if I have problems with that.

Complaints: I tried making Orange Juice and it got a bit messy. I strongly recommend just using 1 can of water and using Low. Then add the remaining 2 cans into your juice pitcher later. When you pour the blended OJ into the juice pitcher do it over a sink. This may have been user error. : ) I've only had this blender for 2 weeks now.

The blender will not accept my older Hamilton Beach glass blender top from the mid 1990's.

One design decision about the glass blender top on this unit that you may or may not like is ..the inner bottom area (near the blade) has a wider area around the blade..so it needs a bit more liquid (not a ton more) than I was used to with the old blender. Also, I don't know how this wider area around the blade will figure into making hummous. Again I will report back on that later. I have to wait until the hummous making mood strikes.

I do not make vegetable smoothies except for my cucumber tzatziki yogurt sauce on rare occasion. So I can't tell you whether this will blenderize celery or Kale.

All in all, for my specific purpose (soy & fruit smoothies) I am quite satisfied with this blender and feel I paid a fair price for it ($25.71) You could buy 12 of these for the price of a Vitamix and you can be using it NOW! You can always keep it as a backup or make it the vacation place blender.

UPDATE #2 3-30-2013: Still going strong. No hassles. I * did * make hummus (or hummous) recently and found that I had to make a double batch to get it started and get it all blended right - but that's not a big deal in my book. For smoothies the requirements for a good blend are much less demanding. I see some reviews complaining about the motor overheating, or a burning smell. I haven't experienced that. Maybe mine was made on a Wednesday? I just know it works great and continues to do so. Over and out! : )

P.P.S. If you look very carefully at the bottom of the glass blender top right where it tapers to meet the base, you'll see a sort of line in the glass that might "LOOK" like a scratch or break. It's not. It's some kind of little ridge left over from the forming or casting of the glass. I figured this out after much visual inspection as I was initially concerned about it.

Update: August 17th, 2013 Still going strong...

Update #3: Jan 29th, 2014 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! Still going strong...

Update #4 Jan 25th, 2015 TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY! Still going strong...no issues

Update #5 March 17th, 2016 THREE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! Still going strong...no issues.
1111 comments| 768 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2014
Yes, you can make a green smoothie with this. Put water in first. Then Kale, spinach, collards, 1 green apple bite sized chunks , 1 orange, 1 banana, oat meal, whole baby carrots and apple cider vinegar. People act like this thing won't blend but it will. If you put water in first and actually let it blend for 1 minute, that's it! Done! This is why you need to decide things for yourself. I'm glad I didn't buy a $500 blender. What is wrong with people? That is rent money and I just want to blend leaves and soft ass fruit.
33 comments| 296 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2017
This blender was purchased to replace a Cuisinart that I bought at Costco that had all the bells and whistles and cost more than double. When it broke down after a few years worth of work (and that was my second), I decided that I would just get a good blender with nothing fancy. I got this and I love it. I use it to make pudding, puree split pea soup, and some drinks and it's really a good blender. It surprised me how much better it does the job than my Cuisinart! I love the pouring spout on top as sometimes it was messy pouring from the corner of my old one. I've owned this for a while now. I don't like reviews from folks that do it right out of the box. I like to use the product for a while to test it out. This one definitely passed.
on December 1, 2015
I was looking for a blender to make some simple cocktail and milkshake, but i actually did not have much money to spend on it. After a few research i ended up on this item and i am so happy not to have spent more than 30 dollar on a blende, since this one did perfect cocktails (i used it a few times a week maximum)

To my point of view, this blender is a great option for people looking for a smoothie maker that will not cost hundreds of dollars. When used properly, that means adding liquid to every recipe you put inside, it will be able to blend ice, fruit and vegetables though it will struggle a little bit if you put lots of leafy greens.

This item should be able to make you frozen blended shakes or puree vegetables without any problem.

However, don’t be dumb, this is what i would call « an amateur blender » ; it won’t be able to make nut butter, mix dough or grate coffee beans even though it has those options because the motor doesn’t have enough torque and will burn out if you try.

The key thing to appreciate this product is not expecting a professional level quality from it or performance. If you’re not particular with the consistency of your smoothies but just want something affordable capable of basic blending functions then this machine is a very good choice.

It was a good choice for me as it matches perfectly with what i expected from it.
review image review image
on December 12, 2012
This Hamilton Beach Blender is amazing! It looks great from the outside and works perfectly up till now. Its wave action blending definitely works well and blends better than other blenders that I have used in the past. The lid on this blender though is probably what I like the best about it. It avoid all spills and/or overflows while it is blending because it goes tightly over the blender and the top actually enables you to pour into something without even taking the lid off! This saves a lot of time and keeps other pitchers clean since your blender becomes the perfect pitcher! The chopper is simply an extra, but the extra works fantastic. I have made a lot of salsas and chopped tomato, onion, etc and it chops them to perfection. I really like this blender and therefore, I rate it 4 stars out of 5 stars!

I hope this review helped you out!

Update: I have been using this blender now for a long time and if still runs perfectly and works just like it did when I bought it. It's a fantastic blender for the price, I highly recommend it to everyone.

New rating : 5 stars out of 5 stars!
88 comments| 393 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2015
Very good.
Fast shiped
Easy cleaning
A low price
High power
Satisfaction
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on October 19, 2015
The blender works fine for me. I don't have super high expectations for blenders though. But!! There is a disign/manufacturing flaw. There are two plastic panels stuck on the from of the blender. Apperently with an adhesive. I've never submerged the blender in water to clean. A sponge wipe only. I've had it for about 6 months. Used only on occasion. I'm not an everyday blender user. Last night after using it. My boyfriend was wiping it clean. On if the plastic panels popped off and sliced his finger with a 1.5 very deep U shaped slice on his knuckle. This was such a deep cut that the skin flapped back! And there was a lot of blood. He almost passed out! Just a side note. I'm a nurse and I'm not afraid of blood. We cleaned it up. Put some medi-strips on it, I put a splint on and wrapped it. I've emailed Hamilton beach. Just be careful with it. You'd expect to get cut by one of the blades not the base of the blender. Ps. I noticed the other side panel was also looking like it was going to pop off. I've added several pictures . Along with his wrapped finger. At least our tomatoes were not harmed.
review image review image review image
on May 17, 2017
Very disappointed. After days of research and comparing (yes, DAYS), I finally decided on this blender. I was looking for an affordable blender simply to make smoothies. An easy recipe of frozen strawberries, protein powder, and coconut milk. I was extremely disappointed to quickly learn that this beldner does NOT blend well. I blended the smoothie using the designated "puree/smoothie" function for more than enough time and my smoothie was still chunky. I then proceeded to blend longer using the mix function and the ice crush pulse function. Still, my smoothie was chunky. What's the point of having a blender that can't blend!?

To make matters worse, after I poured my chunky smoothie into my cup I found that a good amount of the protein powder was left behind. Great, thanks! The protein powder caked together in the bottom of the blender in a groove that surrounds the blade. The protein powder was the last ingredient I put in, so I'm not even sure how this could happen. But, it was a waste of my protein powder. Plus ingredients got stuck in a groove around the blade. Extremely dissatisfied.

I filled the blender with warm soapy water and tried to use the "easy clean" function to clean the blender. Worked fine in general except that it did not remove the thick ring of protein powder that got stuck around the bottom. I had to completely take apart the blender to get it cleaned properly. Considering I bought this for daily smoothie making, it will not work for me. I've returned the product and I do not recommend it.

Guess I'll be spending a few more days researching blenders again... lol.
on June 26, 2016
Unbelievable, after only two uses the bottom simply fell apart. The mess was spectacular as I was making a blueberry smoothie at the time. According to the appliance's manual, the cutting blades are "permanently affixed" to the bottom of the glass pitcher. Not in my case. The bottom simply fell out as I lifted the pitcher to pour. And there is no way to reattach it even if you wanted to. Apparently the cutting blades are supposed to be glued on to a gasket at the bottom of the pitcher. And somebody forgot to or didn't use enough glue. This is not only unacceptable, it is dangerous. It may be that that mine was that rare one in a million failure and other Hamilton Beach blenders are perfectly fine. But the question before you buy this is; "Do you feel lucky?"