Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Hamilton Beach (67601A) Juicer, Electric, 800 Watt..." and save 24% off the $54.32 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Small Appliance Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new products purchased at Amazon within the last 30 days
Hamilton Beach (67601A) Juicer, Electric, 800 Watt, Easy To Clean, BPA Free
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 800-WATTS OF POWER MAKES FRESH JUICE, QUICK. Stainless-steel micro-mesh cutter/strainer can turn a dense beet into a smooth juice in seconds. Latches lock juicer lid securely into place. Recipes and juicing tips included to get you started. BPA-Free.
- Dimensions (inches): 14.41 H x 7.8 W x 11.46 D.EXTRA-LARGE 3 INCH FEED CHUTE FITS WHOLE FOODS. The Big Mouth feed chute is 3 inches wide to fit a whole apple, a peeled orange or a handful of kale. So there’s less pre-cutting, and more continuous juicing. An extra-large pulp bin means you don’t have to stop the process to empty out pulp.
- JUICE A VARIETY OF FRUITS AND VEGETABLES IN SECONDS. It’s easy to get juicing - just insert the strainer and lock on the lid with the clips, and add the pulp bin. Juice apples, carrots, oranges, berries, celery, pineapple, cucumbers, spinach, grapes, pears, lemons, kale, ginger root, beets, tomatoes, and more! We recommend starting with the Eye Opener, or the Health Club recipe included in the product manual. You can even use the juice extractor to make soy, almond, or rice milk.
- DISHWASHER-SAFE PARTS WITH CLEANING TOOL. The food pusher, juicer cover, stainless steel strainer, pulp bin, and strainer bowl are all removable, dishwasher safe and BPA free. A handy cleaning brush is also included.
- 3-YEAR WARRANTY FROM THE #1 SELLING JUICE EXTRACTOR BRAND. Designed by the Number 1 Selling Juice Extractor Brand, this juicer is backed by a 3-Year Limited Warranty and dedicated customer support team of Hamilton Beach employees.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor - 67601
Looking for an ideal juice drink that's fresh, free of preservatives and tastes 10 times better than store-bought juices? Take the plunge and go with the Big Mouth Juice Extractor from Hamilton Beach. It packs all the punch you would expect from a Hamilton Beach juice extractor: reliable efficiency, high speed and no-fuss cleanup.
Rated a "Best Buy" by a leading consumer advocacy publication, the Big Mouth Juice Extractor delivers on the juicing performance people ask for most, instead of skimping out on the nutrients they need. Equipped with a powerful 800-watt motor and extra-wide 3" feed chute that tears through almost anything you put in, it flawlessly performs the task of extracting the juice from whole fruits and vegetables in seconds. And that's not all. The designers of Hamilton Beach have minimized the fuss of cleanup, making all the removable plastic parts dishwasher safe.
Ideal for anyone who wants to personalize their juice drink recipes, rely on convenience for a busy schedule or help kick-start a healthy routine, the Big Mouth Juice Extractor is well worth the investment.
Part of a Healthy Lifestyle
Did you know that eating fruits and vegetables are an important part of a healthy lifestyle? According to studies by the USDA, eating more fruits and vegetables reduces your risk of chronic diseases like heart attacks and strokes, some cancers, heart disease, obesity, and type 2 diabetes, in addition to acute ailments like kidney stones and high blood pressure.
A glass of fresh, natural juice is an excellent, healthy way to begin your day or inject some serious energy into a lazy afternoon. With the Big Mouth Juice Extractor, healthy living is now easier, more convenient and more affordable. Designed and engineered for health-conscious people who want greater variety in their juicing routine, it can turn your whole fruits and vegetables into smooth juice form, while still keeping in all the nutrient-rich flavors your body needs. In just one 6 to 10-oz. serving (175-300 ml), one cycle of the Big Mouth Juice Extractor can fulfill the recommended daily value of Vitamin A and D, calcium, potassium, protein and fiber.
- Yields up to 24% more apple juice than a leading competitor
- 800 watts of peak power extracts juice from toughest of produce
- Extra-wide 3" feed chute fits whole fruits & vegetables, reducing prep time
- Stainless steel cutter/strainer juices quickly
- High juice spout funnels juice directly into a variety of glass or container sizes
- Extra-large pulp bin provides for continuous juicing – no need to stop midway through juicing to empty the pulp bin
- Designed for easy assembly, handling, operating and storage
- Removable plastic parts are dishwasher safe
- Cleaning brush with micro-soft bristles provides easy strainer basket cleaning
- Rated "Best Buy" by a leading consumer advocacy publication
Variety is Key
In addition to its speed and durability, the Big Mouth Juice Extractor comes with healthy recipes and suggestions for adding more vegetables to your day and "smart shopping" for the flavor and the season. Try out one of these healthy, delicious recipes to taste the difference in freshness:
- 4 medium kale leaves
- 2 medium carrots, trimmed
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 Granny Smith apple, quartered
- 1/2 lemon, peeled
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
Juice all ingredients in order listed. Stir well and serve. Makes 2 servings
SPICY VEGGIE DELIGHT
- 2 broccoli flowerets with stalk
- 1/4 green pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 tomato
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
Juice all ingredients in order listed. Stir well and serve. Makes 1 serving
Not sure what to do with the leftover pulp? The leftover pulp is mostly fiber and cellulose, which like the juice, contains necessary vital nutrients for the daily diet. Any leftover pulp can be used in a variety of recipes, frothy drinks, casseroles or soups, as well as for garden composting.
Thirsty for something other than juice? The Big Mouth Juice Extractor can help children, teens and adults get their daily vitamin intake with the option of making soy, almond or rice milk. To start, soak one cup of soybeans, almonds or rice in four cups of water for 24 to 48 hours in the refrigerator, and then slowly pour one cup into the food chute. The liquid extracted from the soaked mixture is "milk." For enhanced milk flavor, consider adding vanilla or honey.
Easy Cleaning, More Enjoying
Ease of cleaning is particularly important, because as with any small kitchen appliance, you will naturally use it more frequently if you can anticipate a hassle-free cleanup. With the Big Mouth Juice Extractor, it's easy to assemble and disassemble when preparing to juice or putting away. All parts – except for the motor base – are dishwasher safe. Here are some more easy-to-follow tips for effortless cleanup:
- Place a plastic grocery bag in the pulp bin container to collect the pulp and once juicing is complete, simply discard.
- When you're done juicing, pass the strainer basket under running water and brush off excess fiber buildup or pulp with included cleaning brush.
TIPS & CARE
Some extractors yield more juice than others, and the proportion of pulp to juice varies from fruit to fruit. Most fruits and vegetables such as apples, carrots and cucumbers will not need to be pre-cut into smaller pieces since they are likely to fit into the extra-wide feed chute. However, it is recommended that oranges, pineapples, melons and mangoes be peeled before placing in the unit to minimize impact on juice flavor. Also, all fruits with pits and large seeds, such as nectarines, peaches, apricots, plums and cherries MUST be pitted before juicing. To extract the maximum amount of juice every time, gently guide food down the feed chute slowly so that juice doesn't spray out of the spout. Do not allow pulp container to overfill, as this may prevent correct operation or damage to the unit.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We've notice the following about using the unit: If you plan to do larger quantities, you might want to consider a more upscale unit. Depending on what you are juicing, you'll usually need to clean the cutter/basket to maintain efficiency after a quart or two. After that the screen tends to get clogged and you'll loose some juice into the pulp bin. Apples, cucumbers and the like do fine without clogging the screen, so I start with those. I'll do the carrots last since the pulp seals the little holes in the screen pretty quickly. Pineapple and ginger fibers seem to get caught in the cutting teeth, so I also do these at the end. The top also slowly fills up with pulp, and you'll need to clean it to keep going after a couple of quarts of juice making. Just pop the top and scoop it out (make sure the motor stops spinning before you remove the top); you can do a more thorough cleaning once you're done. Again, if you're just making a quart or two, none of this should be a problem.
Cleanup is fairly easy if you do it right after juicing. Most of the pulp rinses right off, but the cutter/basket takes a little scrubbing, and you want to be meticulous because once the pulp dries, it's really hard to remove.
Some folks have complained about the pulp in the juice. We actually enjoy the texture and prefer it this way. It seems like we're drinking something substantial. Just to be clear, it is still very much juice/liquid, it just contains some pulp too. We especially enjoy juicing a couple of beets into the mix for the flavor and the rich red color.
We make larger quantities of juice each time, because we don't have the time it takes to scrub and prepare the fruits and veggies every day, so we keep some in the fridge for the busy days. It's recommended that for maximum nutritional benefit you drink the juice right away, but it seems to keep and taste good for up to three days in the fridge. For folks that do daily juicing of smaller quantities, this unit should give good service at a very reasonable price.
Note: When I first plugged it in, I couldn't get it to turn on. After fooling around with it for a few minutes, I discovered that the top latch arms must be secured in very a specific way or it won't start. This is a safety measure to ensure that it won't start with the cutter/basket exposed. Now that I know what I'm doing it starts right up every time. Make absolutely sure that you have the top exactly in place before you send it back as DOA.
The one reason I didn't give it a perfect 5 stars...
No container included to catch your juice, you must use your own receptacle which is a pain if you're making any more than one large coffee cups worth. You have to do multiple cups of multiple veggies and fruits and mix them all together in the end.
Couple cleaning tips: Spray the pulp container lightly with pam or non-stick spray lightly before using and the stuff will slide right out. And, after all juicing is done, put a small amount of hot water through the juicer - this makes the filter much easier to clean.
The Hamilton Beach 67601A Big Mouth Juice Extractor arrived already assembled inside the box. All I did was remove the plastic and little cardboard pieces that protected the sides and certain parts of the unit. The box contained the Juicer, a Manual, and a cleaning brush. On page 4 of the Manual, it shows and lists the parts & features of the unit. This particular model does not come with a Juice Cup (at least mine didn't) (which is not a problem at all). So, once you receive your order, remember to check if you have everything you need to operate the Juicer.
I went ahead and washed the parts that can be washed, and wiped the rest that I couldn't wash. The Juicer is very easy to put together as it is to take apart (for cleaning).
The motor is very strong. I was able to feed into the chute fruits & vegetables with the Food Pusher with no problem. What really impressed me is the amount of juice it is able to extract from the produce. The juice was smooth, no tiny seeds or particles or remnants of the produce in the juice that came out of the Juice Spout--which is what I expect from a juicer. There's some fizz, but if you stir the juice, it easily incorporates.
The unit is very easy to clean. The cleaning brush that came with it was very useful when cleaning the Stainless Steel Micro-Mesh Strainer Basket; but you can also use an old toothbrush. I say this because an old toothbrush has softer bristles than the (free) cleaning brush that came with the Juicer. I used the cleaning brush today, but will use an old toothbrush moving forward. The washable parts of the unit can be cleaned very easily by running it under the faucet (that's what I did), and wiping the non-washable parts with a wet, soapy, paper towel to soften any sticky residue, then wiping it again with just a wet paper towel to remove the soap. The Manual states that the washable parts are dishwasher-safe, so you can do that, too, if you like.
I am attaching some photos to show the following: (1) that there are no broken parts; (2) that the unit came complete with all its parts and already assembled; (3) that it is easy to take-a-part and clean, and then easy to put back together; and (4) the first couple of juices I made from whatever I have in the fridge.
The pitcher contains 3/4 of a cantaloupe; and the large mason jar contains one regularly-sized Fuji apple and six large ripe strawberries. They were delicious! :-)
Update: I made a Banana & Strawberry juice, and found that while it did extract juice from the bananas, there was left-over pulp from the it. I think this juicer can be "pulp-y" if softer produce is used. I'll find out as I try-on recipes from the books that I got, and will let you guys know. At any rate, I still love it.
I hope this helps anybody who is in the market for an easy-to-use, easy-to-clean, strong/powerful juicer that extracts a lot of juices.