Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Color: Black|Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,874 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,149 reviews
on December 3, 2011
My wife and I have been using this juicer on a regular basis for a few months now, so we have good idea of what it can do. This is a good juicer for semi-regular use making quantities of a quart or less. We ask a lot of our juicer making four or five quarts at a time a couple of times a week. After about four months of regular use, we've noticed that the cutter/basket is getting a little dull, so we aren't getting as much juice from our produce, and it doesn't cut as quickly. The good news is that replacement baskets are only $12 on the Hamilton Beach website. This compares to around $50 to replace the Breville equivalent part. The bad news is that I just went to order a couple and they were out of stock, so I'm stuck with the dull one for now. For this reason I'm giving four stars instead of five. I may change that to three if they don't get the cutter/baskets back in stock soon. Update: The Hamilton Beach website now has them in stock. I ordered two and they were quickly delivered.

We've notice the following about using the unit: If you plan to do larger quantities, you might want to consider a more upscale unit. Depending on what you are juicing, you'll usually need to clean the cutter/basket to maintain efficiency after a quart or two. After that the screen tends to get clogged and you'll loose some juice into the pulp bin. Apples, cucumbers and the like do fine without clogging the screen, so I start with those. I'll do the carrots last since the pulp seals the little holes in the screen pretty quickly. Pineapple and ginger fibers seem to get caught in the cutting teeth, so I also do these at the end. The top also slowly fills up with pulp, and you'll need to clean it to keep going after a couple of quarts of juice making. Just pop the top and scoop it out (make sure the motor stops spinning before you remove the top); you can do a more thorough cleaning once you're done. Again, if you're just making a quart or two, none of this should be a problem.

Cleanup is fairly easy if you do it right after juicing. Most of the pulp rinses right off, but the cutter/basket takes a little scrubbing, and you want to be meticulous because once the pulp dries, it's really hard to remove.

Some folks have complained about the pulp in the juice. We actually enjoy the texture and prefer it this way. It seems like we're drinking something substantial. Just to be clear, it is still very much juice/liquid, it just contains some pulp too. We especially enjoy juicing a couple of beets into the mix for the flavor and the rich red color.

We make larger quantities of juice each time, because we don't have the time it takes to scrub and prepare the fruits and veggies every day, so we keep some in the fridge for the busy days. It's recommended that for maximum nutritional benefit you drink the juice right away, but it seems to keep and taste good for up to three days in the fridge. For folks that do daily juicing of smaller quantities, this unit should give good service at a very reasonable price.

Note: When I first plugged it in, I couldn't get it to turn on. After fooling around with it for a few minutes, I discovered that the top latch arms must be secured in very a specific way or it won't start. This is a safety measure to ensure that it won't start with the cutter/basket exposed. Now that I know what I'm doing it starts right up every time. Make absolutely sure that you have the top exactly in place before you send it back as DOA.
2222 comments| 1,245 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2012
I purchased this juicer after reading the book "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" in which they recommend very nice juicers ranging from $300-$400+. After checking Consumer Reports in which this Hamilton Beach juicer is one of their recommended buys, it seemed to be a no-brainer. This thing rocks! Leftover pulp is dry dry dry, I can't imagine any other juicer doing a better job of extracting all the juice. And it doesn't matter what it is - apples, oranges, cucumbers, carrots, leafy greens like spinach and kale, it makes juice of them all with ease. And clean up is a snap (and I HATE appliances that are not easy to clean, and usually end up not using them just so I don't have to clean them). This juicer comes with a handy little brush that gets in all the little spaces and cleans the filter with little to no effort. Very few pieces - just rinse the 4 pieces with hot water and brush clean the filter and that's it! Easy peasy.
The one reason I didn't give it a perfect 5 stars...
No container included to catch your juice, you must use your own receptacle which is a pain if you're making any more than one large coffee cups worth. You have to do multiple cups of multiple veggies and fruits and mix them all together in the end.
Couple cleaning tips: Spray the pulp container lightly with pam or non-stick spray lightly before using and the stuff will slide right out. And, after all juicing is done, put a small amount of hot water through the juicer - this makes the filter much easier to clean.
77 comments| 668 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2015
Like everything that I get from Amazon, I bought this Juicer on my own accord and nobody has paid me to give this review. The Long and short of it is that I love this Juicer.

The Hamilton Beach 67601A Big Mouth Juice Extractor arrived already assembled inside the box. All I did was remove the plastic and little cardboard pieces that protected the sides and certain parts of the unit. The box contained the Juicer, a Manual, and a cleaning brush. On page 4 of the Manual, it shows and lists the parts & features of the unit. This particular model does not come with a Juice Cup (at least mine didn't) (which is not a problem at all). So, once you receive your order, remember to check if you have everything you need to operate the Juicer.

I went ahead and washed the parts that can be washed, and wiped the rest that I couldn't wash. The Juicer is very easy to put together as it is to take apart (for cleaning).

The motor is very strong. I was able to feed into the chute fruits & vegetables with the Food Pusher with no problem. What really impressed me is the amount of juice it is able to extract from the produce. The juice was smooth, no tiny seeds or particles or remnants of the produce in the juice that came out of the Juice Spout--which is what I expect from a juicer. There's some fizz, but if you stir the juice, it easily incorporates.

The unit is very easy to clean. The cleaning brush that came with it was very useful when cleaning the Stainless Steel Micro-Mesh Strainer Basket; but you can also use an old toothbrush. I say this because an old toothbrush has softer bristles than the (free) cleaning brush that came with the Juicer. I used the cleaning brush today, but will use an old toothbrush moving forward. The washable parts of the unit can be cleaned very easily by running it under the faucet (that's what I did), and wiping the non-washable parts with a wet, soapy, paper towel to soften any sticky residue, then wiping it again with just a wet paper towel to remove the soap. The Manual states that the washable parts are dishwasher-safe, so you can do that, too, if you like.

I am attaching some photos to show the following: (1) that there are no broken parts; (2) that the unit came complete with all its parts and already assembled; (3) that it is easy to take-a-part and clean, and then easy to put back together; and (4) the first couple of juices I made from whatever I have in the fridge.

The pitcher contains 3/4 of a cantaloupe; and the large mason jar contains one regularly-sized Fuji apple and six large ripe strawberries. They were delicious! :-)

Update: I made a Banana & Strawberry juice, and found that while it did extract juice from the bananas, there was left-over pulp from the it. I think this juicer can be "pulp-y" if softer produce is used. I'll find out as I try-on recipes from the books that I got, and will let you guys know. At any rate, I still love it.

I hope this helps anybody who is in the market for an easy-to-use, easy-to-clean, strong/powerful juicer that extracts a lot of juices.
review image review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2017
This is my first juicer, and I have to say I am not dissatisfied at all. Cleanup is very easy and takes me maybe 3-5 minutes.
It comes with a handled wash brush to make cleanup very simple, and it juices just fine.
I would suggest cutting your apples a little thin so as not to stress the motor. If it is a strong fruit I suggest that period.
The nozzle is annoying though, it's too short for most cups and drips too close to the unit wasting juice... so that is why I give it 4 stars.
on May 7, 2013
I don't eat enough veges and I wanted to start getting more nutrients so I figured this was the best alternative for me, to buy a juicer and juice fruits and veges every night. I know this isn't the best replacement and nothing will be better than eating the veges whole but I needed something convenient and simple. So I began my research into juicing and started researching all the types of juicers (brands, models, and types). Something to know about my purchase is that this is my first juicing/extracting machine and I wasn't looking for the very best but just something that was highly recommended and good enough for what I needed.

I read up on all the different brands and models and types, and I read a lot of different reviews for many juicers and ultimately I ended up choosing the HB BMPJE. I believe I purchased the juicer back in January 2013 and have used it "almost every" night since then. 4 months later I'm still using this juicer and have no complaints or issues with it at all. I was very happy and very satisfied with my purchase. Sadly, since this is my first ever juicer I can't compare it with anything else but this juicer did exactly what I read it would do and I didn't expect anything more. I'm sure the more expensive machines are "better" but as I mentioned, I just needed something to juice my veges and fruits at night and this does exactly that very well. This juicer is nominated by Consume Reports for being best value blender and also had tons of good reviews on it.

I usually blend 2 apples, 1/2 a cucumber, 2 carrots, and 2 celery sticks with the leaf. This easily blends 20oz+ of juice. There are many great veges and fruits to choose from for juicing but I mainly like this combo because they have a high amount of juice in them and water so it extracts a lot, and it comes out better tasting. I tried spinach, broccoli, and kale but it didn't extract that much, or as not nearly as much as these do. The main thing that I noticed once I started juicing was that my face cleared up A LOT. I don't have bad acne but I would get some here and there but ever since I started juicing I've noticed that it's helped so much and I rarely ever break out anymore.

Cleaning, maintenance, and assembly is simple and easy. I put in a grocery bag in the extract compartment so it makes cleaning easier. Honestly, I might get hate for this, but I simply just rinse the parts in hot water right after using the juicer (I do scrub the metal juice wheel thing with the brush every time), I'll only use and scrub with soap once a week.

Only 2 "issues" I would like to bring up with this juicer. 1.) The juicer can get loud but it's not ridiculously loud. 2.) The extract and pulp aren't fully dry, which means the juicer doesn't extract 100% of the juice but it still does the job and does it well. I recommend having patience and taking your time when you put the veges and fruits in, slow pressure will allow the most to extract rather than forcing it down the hole (giggles).

Do I see myself upgrading later on to a "better" juicer? No, this does exactly what it says and does what I need it to do well. I highly recommend this to anyone starting off or replacing another juicer. Only gave it a 4/5 because I have nothing else to compare it to.

Hope this helped.

***Update as of 12/23/13
The juicer still works properly with no leaks but it has gotten significantly louder, more high pitched. I'm not sure why but I have to put a little extra pressure on the top side to keep the sound from being noticeable.
on May 22, 2017
I like everything about this machine except something I'll get to in a minute. It's powerful, easy to use and easy to clean. I'm not super hip to juicers but I don't see the value in spending hundreds when you can get this performance for $50.

Here's what I don't like--and the reason for just 4 stars: I took delivery in March. In May, overnight, the machine quit working. One day it's perfect, the next, it's dead. I called Amonzon and learned it was outside the "return period," which is roughly 30 days. Amazon gave me Hamilton Beach's number so I called them and received excellent service. I provided the model and serial number and told the agent when I bought it. She instructed me to cut unplug the machine, cut the cord in half and email Hamilton Beach a pic of the machine with its severed cord. Done and a new machine is on its way to me for $9.99 shipping. I'm not thrilled to be out the extra dough but given my life-long experience with (generally bad) U.S. customer service, it's a better result than I expected. Hoping, of course, that the new unit survives longer than 2 months.
on March 8, 2013
This was a great little machine while it lasted. I was very happy with the amount of juice and the dry pulp and easy clean up. I ordered it in mid-January.

A few days ago I placed kale in the feeder, followed by apple slices. I never pressed down hard on this thing (you don't need to#. You put the plunger in until it hits bottom. I could hear the motor running but nothing was coming out of the juice chute. I turned the machine off and looked inside. The veggies/fruit had mashed but not strained. I unplugged it and disassembled it. As soon as I removed the blade basket, smoke was coming off of the metal motor shaft and black plastic shavings were everywhere. The blade basket bottom is plastic and the motor shaft is metal. So the hot metal melted the plastic. Bad, bad design flaw -- and look at how many of the negative reviews mention this flaw specifically.

I bought this unit based on the positive reviews. Looking at the negative reviews, I have to wonder how much the positive reviewers used this machine. I was using it 2-3 times per day.

At the time of purchase, I also purchased an additional 2-year warranty from Canopy #offered through Amazon#. They informed me that there's also a year warranty from Hamilton Beach.

I called Hamilton Beach and they didn't even want to know what was wrong with the unit. They simply told me to cut the cord off of the item and take a picture of it #!!# and then send a copy of my receipt along with the picture to a certain email address, using a certain customer code. Now, I understand why they told me to cut the cord #to prove I'm not just scamming to get a free juicer# but I kinda felt like I was involved in a juicer kidnapping plot.

Anyhoo, I received an email back from Hamilton Beach saying something like, "We will process your photo or receipt as soon as possible." I'm not sure if that means days or weeks or what.

As far as I'm concerned, if Hamilton Beach wants to send me a new Big Mouth Juicer every two months #or every time the plastic on the bottom of the cutting basket melts#, so be it. But I think it's probably best for me to find another juicer. If nothing else, my experience showed me just how much I love juicing. But I guess you get what you pay for.

UPDATE - MARCH 12: I left this same (above) post on the Hamilton Beach FB page a few days ago and got zero response -- but I received a replacement unit today (so that was about a week turnaround time not bad). Hopefully this one will last longer. Stay tuned!
review image
55 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 18, 2014
I bought this juicer a few weeks ago and think it's well worth the money. I almost went off the deep end and was about to order whatever the uber expensive Breville is ($350). I decided to downscale and see if I would actually use a juice before getting such a pricey one. I decided on this one after it get pretty high ratings in Consumer Reports for juicers in this price range. I think the clean up is pretty easy but you definitely need the little brush that comes with it to clean off the filter and you need to rinse all the pieces before putting in the dishwasher otherwise it will just cake it on. I have had some issues with leafy greens getting pushed through too fast, I now send them in with something like an apple and they seem to get chopped up much better. The other issue is for smaller fleshy fruits (grapes, oranges) they like to shoot back out at you and you have to be very quick to put the pusher in otherwise you could get sprayed. Although it doesnt recommend doing this, I put the grapes in while it's off and then turn it on after I have the pusher in place. I would buy this again if I had to, in fact, I wonder for a price difference of $300...how much more can the Breville do? This thing has only on and off, no variation in speeds but this is totally fine. The other big annoyance is this thing is so loud..like invest in earplugs loud.
on February 25, 2017
So I made the mistake of purchasing a black and decker first and used it for 10 minutes and thought juicing may not be for me. If only I purchased this juicer first, little to no prep time, super easy to clean and disassemble. I only had it for a couple days it hasn't malfunctioned yet as the other did, so I'm happy. I was able to make a gallon of juice relatively quick, hoping this last.
on April 24, 2017
This is my first juicer I've ever purchased. I love it. After using it just one time, I'm hooked. It easily juices kale, carrots, apples, beets, oranges, bananas, EVERYTHING! It just makes it so easy. It does take about 10 minutes to clean after use, but it is so worth it. I would definitely recommend purchasing this juicer to everyone. My juicer did not come with the cleaning brush like it was suppose to, however that isn't a problem for me. If you're on the fence, I hope this review helps you make up your mind. Get it! You won't be disappointed.