Workplace Solutions Best Kids' Books of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services RestaurantPV RestaurantPV RestaurantPV  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Metallica Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon

Color: Black|Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,702 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on December 3, 2011
My wife and I have been using this juicer on a regular basis for a few months now, so we have good idea of what it can do. This is a good juicer for semi-regular use making quantities of a quart or less. We ask a lot of our juicer making four or five quarts at a time a couple of times a week. After about four months of regular use, we've noticed that the cutter/basket is getting a little dull, so we aren't getting as much juice from our produce, and it doesn't cut as quickly. The good news is that replacement baskets are only $12 on the Hamilton Beach website. This compares to around $50 to replace the Breville equivalent part. The bad news is that I just went to order a couple and they were out of stock, so I'm stuck with the dull one for now. For this reason I'm giving four stars instead of five. I may change that to three if they don't get the cutter/baskets back in stock soon. Update: The Hamilton Beach website now has them in stock. I ordered two and they were quickly delivered.

We've notice the following about using the unit: If you plan to do larger quantities, you might want to consider a more upscale unit. Depending on what you are juicing, you'll usually need to clean the cutter/basket to maintain efficiency after a quart or two. After that the screen tends to get clogged and you'll loose some juice into the pulp bin. Apples, cucumbers and the like do fine without clogging the screen, so I start with those. I'll do the carrots last since the pulp seals the little holes in the screen pretty quickly. Pineapple and ginger fibers seem to get caught in the cutting teeth, so I also do these at the end. The top also slowly fills up with pulp, and you'll need to clean it to keep going after a couple of quarts of juice making. Just pop the top and scoop it out (make sure the motor stops spinning before you remove the top); you can do a more thorough cleaning once you're done. Again, if you're just making a quart or two, none of this should be a problem.

Cleanup is fairly easy if you do it right after juicing. Most of the pulp rinses right off, but the cutter/basket takes a little scrubbing, and you want to be meticulous because once the pulp dries, it's really hard to remove.

Some folks have complained about the pulp in the juice. We actually enjoy the texture and prefer it this way. It seems like we're drinking something substantial. Just to be clear, it is still very much juice/liquid, it just contains some pulp too. We especially enjoy juicing a couple of beets into the mix for the flavor and the rich red color.

We make larger quantities of juice each time, because we don't have the time it takes to scrub and prepare the fruits and veggies every day, so we keep some in the fridge for the busy days. It's recommended that for maximum nutritional benefit you drink the juice right away, but it seems to keep and taste good for up to three days in the fridge. For folks that do daily juicing of smaller quantities, this unit should give good service at a very reasonable price.

Note: When I first plugged it in, I couldn't get it to turn on. After fooling around with it for a few minutes, I discovered that the top latch arms must be secured in very a specific way or it won't start. This is a safety measure to ensure that it won't start with the cutter/basket exposed. Now that I know what I'm doing it starts right up every time. Make absolutely sure that you have the top exactly in place before you send it back as DOA.
2222 comments| 1,138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2012
I purchased this juicer after reading the book "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" in which they recommend very nice juicers ranging from $300-$400+. After checking Consumer Reports in which this Hamilton Beach juicer is one of their recommended buys, it seemed to be a no-brainer. This thing rocks! Leftover pulp is dry dry dry, I can't imagine any other juicer doing a better job of extracting all the juice. And it doesn't matter what it is - apples, oranges, cucumbers, carrots, leafy greens like spinach and kale, it makes juice of them all with ease. And clean up is a snap (and I HATE appliances that are not easy to clean, and usually end up not using them just so I don't have to clean them). This juicer comes with a handy little brush that gets in all the little spaces and cleans the filter with little to no effort. Very few pieces - just rinse the 4 pieces with hot water and brush clean the filter and that's it! Easy peasy.
The one reason I didn't give it a perfect 5 stars...
No container included to catch your juice, you must use your own receptacle which is a pain if you're making any more than one large coffee cups worth. You have to do multiple cups of multiple veggies and fruits and mix them all together in the end.
Couple cleaning tips: Spray the pulp container lightly with pam or non-stick spray lightly before using and the stuff will slide right out. And, after all juicing is done, put a small amount of hot water through the juicer - this makes the filter much easier to clean.
77 comments| 559 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2013
This was a great little machine while it lasted. I was very happy with the amount of juice and the dry pulp and easy clean up. I ordered it in mid-January.

A few days ago I placed kale in the feeder, followed by apple slices. I never pressed down hard on this thing (you don't need to#. You put the plunger in until it hits bottom. I could hear the motor running but nothing was coming out of the juice chute. I turned the machine off and looked inside. The veggies/fruit had mashed but not strained. I unplugged it and disassembled it. As soon as I removed the blade basket, smoke was coming off of the metal motor shaft and black plastic shavings were everywhere. The blade basket bottom is plastic and the motor shaft is metal. So the hot metal melted the plastic. Bad, bad design flaw -- and look at how many of the negative reviews mention this flaw specifically.

I bought this unit based on the positive reviews. Looking at the negative reviews, I have to wonder how much the positive reviewers used this machine. I was using it 2-3 times per day.

At the time of purchase, I also purchased an additional 2-year warranty from Canopy #offered through Amazon#. They informed me that there's also a year warranty from Hamilton Beach.

I called Hamilton Beach and they didn't even want to know what was wrong with the unit. They simply told me to cut the cord off of the item and take a picture of it #!!# and then send a copy of my receipt along with the picture to a certain email address, using a certain customer code. Now, I understand why they told me to cut the cord #to prove I'm not just scamming to get a free juicer# but I kinda felt like I was involved in a juicer kidnapping plot.

Anyhoo, I received an email back from Hamilton Beach saying something like, "We will process your photo or receipt as soon as possible." I'm not sure if that means days or weeks or what.

As far as I'm concerned, if Hamilton Beach wants to send me a new Big Mouth Juicer every two months #or every time the plastic on the bottom of the cutting basket melts#, so be it. But I think it's probably best for me to find another juicer. If nothing else, my experience showed me just how much I love juicing. But I guess you get what you pay for.

UPDATE - MARCH 12: I left this same (above) post on the Hamilton Beach FB page a few days ago and got zero response -- but I received a replacement unit today (so that was about a week turnaround time not bad). Hopefully this one will last longer. Stay tuned!
review image
44 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2014
I used to own a 20 year old juicer but decided to get a new one, and in comparison this thing is on hyper-turbo. I almost feel it is overkill for the simple things I put into it like carrots & oranges, a little like feeding a lamb to a T-rex. The bonus of using it on my feeble vegetables and fruit is that the oomph combined with the large opening and pulp bucket means actually making the juice is not very time consuming. It also seems to extract a lot of juice as others have said, a couple of carrots and 2 oranges yielded a whole pint glass for me and even though it was my first time using it, that part probably only took me a minute or two.

I was quite surprised by the amount of power as it is comparatively inexpensive, when you turn it on for the first time it is a "hold on to your hats" kind of moment, because it is a bit loud, and if you don't hold on to it at least a little it will occasionally start moving from the vibrations. I would almost recommend "boxing it in" with something heavy if you are going to make a lot of juice, but the only thing that comes to mind are bricks, which I at least don't keep in my kitchen.

Cleanup is pretty fast if you do 3 things:
1. Do put a plastic bag in the pulp bucket as they suggest in the instructions, it will save you from washing that part.
2. Do put a piece of tape over the opening on the back of the clear lid as suggested by other reviewers. The first thing that happened when I stuck the first carrot in was I was seeing a surprising orange snowfall in my kitchen. WIth the tape it no longer flings out random bits at high speed.
3. Do put the plunger in immediately after dropping the piece of fruit or vegetable in. Especially if you are juicing soft and moist things like oranges, you will otherwise quite quickly notice a surprising amount of orange juice and pulp in your hair. Using the plunger also serves to stabilize some of the vibrations which would otherwise move the juicer, at least on a smooth surface like my counter.
33 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2014
OMG. I just received my juicer today and from reading all the reviews i was expecting to have to wear earplugs to use the thing as well as doing some serious cleaning post juicing. Well it isn't silent but its not amy louder than my Vitamix really. As far as clean up I had a soapy bowl of warm water in my sink to toss all parts in and I didn't even need to do that. A scrub under running water post juicing left parts as clean as new!! I don't know what I was expecting. It is awesome. While i was waiting for it I watched Fat Sick and nearly dead on Netflix and now I think I may go on a juice fast.
22 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2010
I love this juicer because it isn't too loud and you can juice alot of fruits and vegetables. And the price ws much cheaper than it is in the stores. I have no complaints and I use this product on a daily basis.
0Comment| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2011
I have had this juicer now for 6 months, and overall, I am happy with my purchase. I am a beginner juicer, so please excuse any incorrect "lingo" I may use. There are 3 things I will cover-the foam residue, the cleaning, and the amounts of fruits juicer use.

Most of the fruits leave a lot of foamy residue on top of the glass.
I tend to use apples, oranges, grapefruits, clementines, & tomatos (Carrots have the least amount of foam). I find that trimming the fruit will do away with some of the foam, but it seems a bit much sometimes & it if it goes down at all, it is unnoticeable.

Cleaning is a cinch! I use my plastic grocery bags for the large plastic "pulp" catcher, and it works fine. I rinse off the compartments right away (if you wait, the pulp WILL stick, making it harder to clean).

I do not know if it is juicing or this particular juicer, but to make one full glass of juice takes a lot of fruit. My favorite juice is clementine juice, so I end up using an entire bag to make 2 tall glasses (16 oz) of juice. 3 apples for one glass, 2 large grapefruit for one glass (just so you get an idea).

I am satisfied with my purchase.
on July 18, 2014
I bought this juicer a few weeks ago and think it's well worth the money. I almost went off the deep end and was about to order whatever the uber expensive Breville is ($350). I decided to downscale and see if I would actually use a juice before getting such a pricey one. I decided on this one after it get pretty high ratings in Consumer Reports for juicers in this price range. I think the clean up is pretty easy but you definitely need the little brush that comes with it to clean off the filter and you need to rinse all the pieces before putting in the dishwasher otherwise it will just cake it on. I have had some issues with leafy greens getting pushed through too fast, I now send them in with something like an apple and they seem to get chopped up much better. The other issue is for smaller fleshy fruits (grapes, oranges) they like to shoot back out at you and you have to be very quick to put the pusher in otherwise you could get sprayed. Although it doesnt recommend doing this, I put the grapes in while it's off and then turn it on after I have the pusher in place. I would buy this again if I had to, in fact, I wonder for a price difference of $300...how much more can the Breville do? This thing has only on and off, no variation in speeds but this is totally fine. The other big annoyance is this thing is so loud..like invest in earplugs loud.
on August 27, 2013
I had an old juicer (bought in the 70s or 80s) which worked but the capacity and performance was limited. I am not an avid juicer (I am an avid drinker of some brands of 'fresh' juice) but I hope to be someoone who juices more and more. I mainly wanted to make beet juice which is hard to find. When I do find it, it is not predominately beet but mixed with other juices . I like to make my own fresh mix and this juicer will definitely make this possible with maximum efficiency. I like the way the residue goes into a separate container. This feature was one my old juicer did not have and one that I was looking for. As for cleaning it comes apart easily and is intuitive. Cleaning a juicer is the same no matter which one you have. You need to clean the basket right away or you will be sorry!
I have always had good luck with HB products. It is powerful and quiet for all the performance it gives. It is easy to use and if I am careful to buy the right sized fruits/vegetables I do not have to cut them up. BEETS are hard to cut!! More juice is extracted than by my previous juicer. I am more than happy with the Hamilton Beach 67650A!
on March 30, 2011
The Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer does a better job of any juicer I've had. I've been juicing for years and have had several different kinds of juicers. The Hamilton Beach extracts more juice with less waste, and the cleanup is a breeze. I highly recommend it!